[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how come usans stopped smoking when they realized it was unhealthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: 1462422489157.png (36KB, 876x928px) Image search: [Google]
1462422489157.png
36KB, 876x928px
how come usans stopped smoking when they realized it was unhealthy but can't stop being fat ?

Is food more of an addiction than cigarettes ?
>>
>>70337956
Sugar and carbohydrate addiction combined with simply eating far too many calories for the amount if exorcise they do.

t. hungry skellington
>>
>>70337956

>shitty food with too much sugar, fat, carbs
>lack of physical activity
>poor education on nutrition
>can't accept biology that metabolism slows down as you age and you can't stuff your face full of shit everyday and stay thin
>overall lack of fucks given
>the fat acceptance, healthy at every size, it's a medical condition lies that are believed

I have always been varying levels of chubby, but unlike a lot of my peers I did something about it and lost 30lbs and they act like it was some devil magic that I was able to loose the weight and not balloon up to a 280lbs blob like them.
>>
>>70337956
You don't understand how bad America has it, do you? They shove high fructose corn syrup in practically everything and put sugar in bread. BREAD.

I've never eaten American bread myself, but I've heard from others who have that it tastes like cake. Imagine eating cake for breakfast every morning, and then taking another two slices of cake to work for lunch. That's the American Way.

Trying to eat healthy in America is an uphill battle, moreso than usual.
>>
>>70339161

American white bread is complete shit, but since it is dirt cheap it is what a lot of people buy or can afford.
>>
>>70338607
If you are less than 1.85 and +200lbs you're obese by our standards.
>>
>>70339308

181lbs

I still have a little bit of a gut, but that's about it.
>>
>>70339428
I'm 1.83 and 160lbs, which is average.
>>
>>70339688

I got lazy as shit around about 19 and gained a good bit, then I just got sick of it and worked a good bit off. At my heaviest I was 219. I want to drop down to 165-170 by the end of the year.
>>
I've seen posts on normie websites like reddit by americans who have claimed to have lost weight by drinking water instead of soft drinks. Is this some inside joke, or are there actually people who won't drink water and instead survive off liquid sugar?
>>
>>70339830
219, that was huge.
Keep going, more important is to adopt healthy eating habits, implying you might sometimes fight hunger.
>>
>>70337956
Food, in a general sense, is a requirement for living. Smoking in modern context is a pointless moneysink that had to be marketed to the masses in order to become a phenomenon. It isn't intuitive to cut back on eating food, even less to 'give it up'. While there are healthy and unhealthy sources of food, it is harder to eat smart than it is to not smoke because of the fundamental difference between these activities.
>>
>>70340011
I also lost a lot of weight by just drinking water. It's a thing in most modern cultures: soft drinks are the biggest source of empty calories (ie. calories with zero nutritional value). I think most people don't realize it, but once you learn that a single can of soft drink has 30 grams of sugar (that's 8 cubes of sugar), that's a real wake-up call.
>>
>>70340011
i quit refined sugar a few years ago and lost my fat

if i could quit 4chan i might actually become productive in society
>>
>>70337956
Americans stopped smoking because tobacco taxes (state & local) make up 98% of the entire price of a pack. ($6.16 NY)
In states where people still smoke like east europeans tobacco taxes still make up 70% of the price of a pack. ($0.36 LA)

Now imagine if all food was taxed as heavily. All americans would be in ideal shape in a few months.
>>
>>70337956
short answer is yes
>>
>>70340127

Overall I just never really thought about what I was eating and drinking. Eating healthy now isn't really a challenge. I grew up with home cooked meals being wholesome and not shit, but I have a weakness for beer so I have to really watch when and how much I drink it.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.