[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Europeans complain about us living in the suburbs but when your

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: DetroitBankruptSKyliney.jpg (115KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
DetroitBankruptSKyliney.jpg
115KB, 640x360px
Europeans complain about us living in the suburbs but when your cities look like this, who can blame us for wanting to escape?
>>
>>70281603
Thats a nice picture though
>>
>>70281628

Be glad China took over manufacturing because then you'd have more overcrowded, polluted, dirty cities
>>
File: 1484278181085.png (136KB, 306x306px) Image search: [Google]
1484278181085.png
136KB, 306x306px
>It's another "I hate tall buildings because /pol/ told me efficiency is jewish" thread
>>
>>70281743

Has nothing to do with tall buildings. NYC is an attractive city. When things are planned out they can be attractive. But unfortunately most Americans do not live in these large, efficient cities. They live in small cities with a few "thorns" among all the houses and small businesses. And their public spaces are neglected. The few nice cities in the US and Canada are home to a very small minority of everyone else.
>>
>>70281603
Dayum, not a single tree
>>
>>70281603
>Europeans complain about us living in the suburbs
They do? I love living in a suburbian area. Then again I live next to a few small towns and villages. When I was in America it seemed like there were cities and suburbs and not much in between. Might have just been the small part of the country I saw though
>>
Big cities are too expensive to live in and they intimidate me (I like something in between rural and urban, like a small/medium-sized city.)
>>
>>70281603
the suburbs are the best place to live desu
>>
>>70281673
>because then you'd have more overcrowded, polluted, dirty cities
The US has clean factories, otherwise we would have been polluted like China years ago.
>>
>>70282175

The factories aren't clean, the regulations are. China can make pretty much anything using any kind of material. Which is why sometimes you get "toxic products" that are imported to the US. But if US was focused on manufacturing superiority there probably wouldn't be as many regulations and they'd be just as polluted.
>>
>>70282126

Even more so in Asia. I would never want to live in the dense urban core of an Asian city. But then again I imagine living outside the cities would make life difficult.
>>
>>70282251
>But if US was focused on manufacturing superiority there probably wouldn't be as many regulations and they'd be just as polluted.
Manufacturing superiority isn't superior if its toxic.

The US already has among the worlds largest facilities and all are already in compliance with the regulations. So its not mutually exclusive.
>>
>>70282339

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_GDP_sector_composition

Most Americans work in "service" jobs. Scalability of the manufacturing sector is possible but only if you allow the manufacturing of stuff that would otherwise not get made with strict US regulations.
>>
>>70282079
So, like suburbs? I don't think I would ever live downtown but I like my suburb, it's worth the commute.
>>
>>70282475

He means something like Houston (if I'm correct) with a small urban core surrounded by mostly small businesses and homes. That's the kind of city I live in.
>>
File: Houston-city-hd-photos.jpg (177KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Houston-city-hd-photos.jpg
177KB, 1024x768px
>>70282521
what the fuck
>>
>>70282581

Correction, it was phoenix Arizona I was referring to
>>
File: asd32.png (3MB, 1366x768px) Image search: [Google]
asd32.png
3MB, 1366x768px
>>70282279
we're not quite that developed on the level of east asia so as to have an ultra dense skyscraper packed and vehicle filled urban centre
i more meant because it's more /comfy/, while also being convenient enough to be close to the centre, unlike a town would be
picrel is my own suburb
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.