[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Swedish divers unearth a 'Stone Age Atlantis': 11,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

Swedish divers unearth a 'Stone Age Atlantis': 11,000-year-old ancient settlement discovered under the Baltic Sea

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-2546720/Swedish-divers-unearth-Stone-Age-Atlantis-11-000-year-old-ancient-settlement-discovered-Baltic-Sea.html
>>
File: map-europefair-carletoncoon.jpg (206KB, 640x489px) Image search: [Google]
map-europefair-carletoncoon.jpg
206KB, 640x489px
Pure coincidence?
>>
>>70159691
>>70159731
WE
>>
>>70159691
>Finno-Korean hyperwar will be taught in schools within our lifetime
Real history returns.
>>
File: Sea_Level_Last_Ice_Age.gif (250KB, 900x450px) Image search: [Google]
Sea_Level_Last_Ice_Age.gif
250KB, 900x450px
Hmm
>>
>>70160126
doggerland ruins when???
>>
>>70160000
WUZ
>>
>in the Baltic sea
Our proto-sarmatian ancestors :)

Praise ahura mazda
>>
Isnt the Baltic sea one of the proposed locations of atlantis?

If this is true then 2017 is already starting off hot
>>
>>70160846
Yes it's the most likely location
>>
>>70160126
THICK
>>
>>70159691
It's a cool discovery, but nothing sensational. It's a hunter gatherer settlement from the culture we already knew inhabited the area at the time.
>>
>>70159691
WE WUZ ATLANTIS N SHIEET NIGGUH!
>>
>>70160917
Source: your ass

Not much is known about the settlements but it's believed to be a lot more and large structures
>>
File: Tenochtitlan-2.jpg (2MB, 1353x950px) Image search: [Google]
Tenochtitlan-2.jpg
2MB, 1353x950px
>>70160846
Here is an Atlantis that really existed

Fucking spaniards had to ruin everything
>>
I want Olof Rudbeck to go and stay go pls. Yes, it's an old site location with some really neat finds. No, there's no trace what so ever of any structures, which is unsurprising since that would predate all other permanent settlements in Northern Europe by at least 4000 years.

Also, the fucking article is from 2014, how did you even find this?
>>
>>70161567
Let me guess you're an immigrant
>>
>>70160126
Las malvinas son argentinas!
>>
>>70161028
Real source:
>https://www.researchgate.net/publication/308016419_A_submerged_Mesolithic_lagoonal_landscape_in_the_Baltic_Sea_south-eastern_Sweden_-_Early_Holocene_environmental_reconstruction_and_shore-level_displacement_based_on_a_multiproxy_approach

I'm an archaeology student, and I read the article that the researchers wrote after the survey(linked). Everything you need to know about the discovery is in that article. The media always try to twist everything into some great world sensation.

There's nothing "mysterious" about the settlement. It's a few fish traps just below what was the water level at that time. There's also a hatchet (made out of horn, IIRC).

The cool thing about the discovery is how well preserved the organic materials are. What we have there is basically an entire forest from 9000 BP, with signs of human activity.
>>
>>70161597
Nope, I am however an archaeologist
>>
>>70161719
>I'm an archaeology student
opinion discarded

Also you don't have evidence for anything you're saying. Source your ass
>>
>>70161719
Aw shit dude, where do you study?
>>
>>70161777
I gave a fucking link.
>>
>>70161795
Doesn't say anything similar to what you just said

Why are you derailing the thread?
>>
>>70161794
University of Gothenburg. I just finished my bachelor's thesis (can't say too much about it out of fear of getting doxxed, though. it had a pretty specific subject).
>>
>>70161849
>can't say too much about it
sure you can't

btw I am your professor so you're wrong. Can't give evidence though
>>
>>70160486
doggerland is rightful german clay
>>
>>70161842
It's even in the fucking abstract:
>Several unprecedented archaeological findings
made in the study area are presented and discussed, including stationary fishing constructions, dated to c.9100e8400 cal BP. These constructions, the oldest known in Northern Europe, indicate extensive riverine and lagoonal fishing, previously not recorded during the Mesolithic in Sweden.

learn to read before spouting bullshit.
>>
>>70161924
noone gives a shit if they believe there used to be woodland. It's completely irrelevant

Fact is there are huge ruins down there they haven't uncovered yet
>>
>>70161972
Are you joking? The quote from the abstract I gave is what the researchers found during the survey.

That's it. I dare you to to give me one reliable source that says otherwise.
>>
>>70162032
Hmm how about YOU CHECK THE FUCKING OP

You're obviously retarded and nothing near an archeologist. Stop shitposting this discussion is over
>>
>>70160846
But you do know that Atlantis was just an allegorya used to portray the ideal (ancient Greek) society, right?

Just like writers and philosophers during the Age of Enlightenment used Al-Andalus as an allegorya to portray their ideal? (tho historical al-Andalus never was what they wanted it to be)
>>
>>70162063
I just read the article. It didn't mention the "huge ruins" you were talking about. That means that you're pulling every single word out of your ass, while I'm quoting actual sources.
>>
Lost Atlantean Structure Discovered in Baltic Sea

http://www.trinfinity8.com/lost-atlantean-structure-discovered-in-baltic-sea/

>>70162202
>while I'm quoting actual sources.
Sure you are and of course an archeology university professor from sweden just happened to pop in and it's not at all the shitposter that has followed me in every thread derailing it

Truth is you're too stupid to realize you got destroyed 5 minutes ago
>>
WE
THE ONDERSEA HUNTER-GATHERERS
WE, THE NORMAL POEEEPLE
DISDAIN YOU BEATA LANDLOVERS
>>
File: 0_4e5f4_56d84710_orig-1024x774.jpg (352KB, 1024x774px) Image search: [Google]
0_4e5f4_56d84710_orig-1024x774.jpg
352KB, 1024x774px
>>70159691
Those are the remains of the 1st settlement of when white people came from space and founded Hyperborea.
Obviously we are very different from all the primitive natives of this planets and this is the only logical explanation.

You'll see, in a few years you will dig deeper and you will find strange spaceship-parts looking ruins which will quickly get covered up by the government.
>>
>>70162265
Are you an American with a proxy or something? I didn't think the Swedish were this retarded.
>>
>>70162330
I've easily refuted his every argument
>>
>>70162265
>http://www.trinfinity8.com/lost-atlantean-structure-discovered-in-baltic-sea/
That's not the same discovery.

Also, the other guy was most likely trolling when he said he was a professor, but the fact withstands that I'm an archaeology student. And with the relatively firm grip I have of Nordic prehistotry, I can't let this kind of misinfo pass by unquestioned.
>>
>>70162396
>was most likely trolling
He sure was
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.