[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>One shot at life >Could have been born in a war-torn

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 8

File: 1365384925102.cached.jpg (261KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1365384925102.cached.jpg
261KB, 1200x800px
>One shot at life

>Could have been born in a war-torn country
>Could have been born in a poor shithole
>Could have been born with a serious medical problem requiring numerous surgeries throughout my lifetime
>Could have been born in a time period where I'd be a simple labourer working for the rest of my life until I died at 40 from a disease antiobiotics and vaccines could prevent

>Instead born healthy to middle-class family in non-wartime in one of the safest and best countries in the world where the biggest complaints one could have is how the Universal healthcare is a little too slow, or how the plentiful grocerystores full of food's prices are a little bit too high which means I'll be able to invest a little less money per month with my job that affords me my living expenses and allows me money go to on vacations every year and retire comfortably

T-thank you God
>>
File: 1454352645090.jpg (51KB, 326x320px) Image search: [Google]
1454352645090.jpg
51KB, 326x320px
I thank God every day I was born here.
>>
>one chance at life
>born black
>born in Africa
>born to a poor family

T-thank you God
>>
>>70120686
It's not that bad. He could've been Jewish.
>>
>born too late to explore the sea
>born too early to explore space
>born just in time to browse a peruvian bocce ball bulletin board
>>
>>70120559
I know that feel bro.
>>
>could have been born in a village with all your friends and family where work and wife is guaranteed

>instead born in a capitalist shithole where your purpose in life is working 9-5 with people you don't like and live around people you don't know and if you're lucky have a wife who has had 50 partners before you and get a son that will become brainwashed by the school system

thanks
>>
>>70121196
>people actually believe this

Get off 4chan for a moment and go outside, sven
>>
>>70121252
He makes a good point, leaf. Don't deny that people are treated like tools by the system; just things to provide work and spend away their consumerist habits.
>>
>>70122944
As if another system would treat people better...

Yeah I'm sure life was great back when people worked like peasants
>>
>>70123186
Before civilization, yeah, I genuinely think life would be much better. Humans aren't supposed to live the way most people do now.
>>
It's alright, countries with cold climate are a good ones. However the warm climate countries...
>>
i wish greece would go bankrupt and ally with arabs to destroy the west
>>
>>70123418
>I think life would be better when there was no rule of law and literally no understanding of how things work or should work

Yeah okay my dude.
>>
File: Kanadian nationalism.jpg (49KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
Kanadian nationalism.jpg
49KB, 600x450px
>>70119822
>T-thank you God
and its gone.
>>
>>70123618
You make your own laws. It's shitty how you can get "justifiably" arrested for some obscure ass law just because it exists.
>>
>>70123699
It was no better back when your Lord could ride into your village and hang you for thievery just because he couldn't catch the real thief

Or your daughter would be robbed and raped by bandits just because she tried to cross from one holding to another
>>
>>70123699
That's fucking retarded and you are an idiot.

>You make your own laws.
And then who's going to enforce them?
>>
>>70123828
No shit lmfao

But he's talking even further back, he's talking way before civilization.
>>
>>70123828
Feudal times were shit.

>>70123842
>And then who's going to enforce them?
You are, pussy. No one should have to do someone else's dirty work.
>>
>>70123895
Ahh yes when your new wife would die at 17 trying to give birth to your child, and then you die at 40, and you lived your whole life in the muck with no tooth brush or real bed or the ability to read
>>
>>70123694
this guy has the same eyes as a homeless guy in Amsterdam

why?
>>
>>70123970
same bandana too?
>>
>>70123932
>You are, pussy. No one should have to do someone else's dirty work.

What if someone doesn't follow the rules I thought of and decides to kill me?
>>
>>70123950
>and then you die at 40

That's some optimistic thinking. Before civilization you probably wouldn't live to 25.

>Don't know how to cook food
>don't know how to create shelter
>Can't work with other people to achieve common goals and help eachothers
>>
>>70123932
You didn't have guns you stupid burger. You had a sword if you were lucky. And if you were even luckier you could afford to learn how to use it properly. And even if you went up against two men they'd still kill you
>>
>>70124065
If you ignore newborn deaths, which you should since they're not people, the life expectancy of tribals were closer to 70.
>>
>>70124094
>SWORD
>BEFORE CIVILIZATION

You mean a rock?
>>
>>70120686
that's hell of a bummer
you can speak english tho, so at least you've got that going on for you
>>
>>70124022
No rules at all existed back then, only way to "make them exist" would be to tell someone about it. It's every man for himself. As for them killing you, tough shit. Should have defended yourself.
>>
>>70124114
source?
>>
>>70124169
>It's every man for himself. As for them killing you, tough shit. Should have defended yourself.

That doesn't sound better than modern society.
>>
>>70124094
That's the good part about it. No one had guns, no one's life could end in a flash unless it was really, really deliberate.

Of course though, I like guns. Guns are good in this day and age. Everyone has them, so everyone keeps eachother in check and no one does anything stupid.
>>
>>70124226
Better than living that way and knowing it than getting killed by some thug but thinking the law makes everyone equally protected and untouchable.
>>
>>70124169
Yes because humans just grew out of the ground, individually
>>
>>70124300
No. I would definitely not say that living in such a place is great.

Sounds similar to Somalia or something.
>>
File: Unicorn Slav.jpg (36KB, 400x386px) Image search: [Google]
Unicorn Slav.jpg
36KB, 400x386px
>>70124331
Are you on drugs?
>>
>>70124240
>Everyone has them, so everyone keeps eachother in check and no one does anything stupid.

Yes... That's why your murder rate is so low compared to every other 1st world country lol
>>
>>70124353
Somalians are a bunch of niggers with guns who just want to kill people. Sure, people way back when killed people but not all of them killed so recklessly. And they didn't have guns.
>>
>>70124372
You're the one on drugs claiming rules didn't exist before modern civilization
>>
>>70119822
>one life, one opportunity
>born in a shitty, dangerous country
>at least middle class
>start phd next year

im coming for you, canada <3
>>
>>70124461
pls bring some bunda for me
>>
>>70124443
Rules are social constructs. They don't technically exist at all, they're a completely mental thing. Think about it, if you break a rule but the person who made the rule doesn't have the power to enforce it, what the fuck can they do?
>>
File: photo.jpg (76KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
photo.jpg
76KB, 900x900px
>>70124481
rest easy, i'll make some bunda there for you
>>
>>70124621
what field are you in at least familiango
>>
>>70119822
>literally living life on easy mode

lmao are you a pussy? i bet you wouldn't even like to be threatened with a knife on a daily basis
>>
>>70124646
physics
>>
>>70124545
Then they will either start to enforce them or try harder to enforce them. Usually enforcement is implied so it's a useless discussion
>>
>>70124676
Oh

Are you a genius?
>>
>>70124697
What do you mean enforcement is implied?
>>
File: 1437980001270.jpg (29KB, 550x550px) Image search: [Google]
1437980001270.jpg
29KB, 550x550px
>>70124729
heh

not really, but im giving it my besy
>>
File: 47361269-lonely-picture.jpg (21KB, 640x377px) Image search: [Google]
47361269-lonely-picture.jpg
21KB, 640x377px
>>70119822
>which means I'll be able to invest a little less money per month with my job that affords me my living expenses and allows me money go to on vacations every year and retire comfortably

Since he's so ordinary in everyone's eyes, no one will try to understand him. Someone who will never be hated by others but will never attract anyone either

You'll live life as a matter of course and then die the same way
>>
>>70125160
what did you mean by this?
>>
>>70124697
>illegal in Burgerland to download music for free since musicians couldn't afford their fifth mansion
>go on a YouTube converter page and download that shit for free on my phone as an MP3 file like a bad goy
>never get in trouble
>>
>>70124114
>newborns aren't people
Sweden what the fuck
>>
>>70123186
It wasnt as bad as hollywood has made it out to be, nobody lived a life of drudgery in England-people got more days off than they do now, it was only hard when you had to get the harvest in quickly before it goes bad.

life is only better now because of recent technology-fertilisers, antibiotics, understanding of biology and tractors/combustion engines have made a huge difference.
not because of society
>>
>>70126484
Those things are pretty fucking important

And research helps us make a better society too, BTW. Understanding of Economics, psychology and sociology helps make logical and effective public policy. That's an important component as well.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.