[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A FEMINIST FAIRY TALE The other day I came across this inte

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

File: fff.jpg (53KB, 318x317px) Image search: [Google]
fff.jpg
53KB, 318x317px
A FEMINIST FAIRY TALE

The other day I came across this interesting video on yourtube. Check this out. It doesn`t take much time. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3wPCtRQes&index=2&list=FL6V-l2IhFvPUe83OCBXVxnA

Just wonder if most little girls in US or UK really are read such fairy tales instead of old-fashioned ones with more traditional ideas nowadays.

Has the ideas the educational procces were based on so crucially changed or some people only want to lead it this way?
>>
>>70091384
BUMP
>>
>>70091513
2nd bump
>>
>>70091567
Bump yeah!
>>
File: 36957dabd10f.jpg (74KB, 700x525px)
36957dabd10f.jpg
74KB, 700x525px
>>70091384
BUMP!
>>
>>70091384
It's not feminist, it's anti-mercantile.
>>
>>70091964
>It's not feminist, it's anti-mercantile.
Yes, It surely is. The fairly tail`s trying to debunk so-called gender stereotypes.
>>
>>70091384
Bump
>>
>>70091384
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pa3wPCtRQes&index=2&list=FL6V-l2IhFvPUe83OCBXVxnA

Is this how half dragons are made?
>>
>>70091384
>privileged white bitch born into money complains because people born into lower classes than her won't follow her orders
>this is considered progressive and empowering in America
>>
I really really like it.The old tales are a splendid.
A preservation of one's culture and distant past,but those things yes,do not last.
If we're gonna make a tale now, shouldn't we make it different anyhow?
I must remind you things have changed quite so.Why should the theme of them stay then low?
I must say, that's a good tale,even if the main character isn't a male.
>>
>>70092445
That certainly wasn't the point.The princess had stayed her whole life inside a prison, waiting for a prince to take her out of that prison,only for the man later to take her to another prison.Now is that fair?
>>
>>70092747
>princess doesn't like where she is in life
>(very wealthy) man comes along
>marry the man to get into a bigger castle
>complain about your new castle
>make deal with your new husband's enemy, the dragon
>cuck the man out of his home and money with the dragon

Feminist fairy tale indeed.
>>
>>70091384
The main idea of the tale is that, figuratively speaking, a girl can wear arms and bash dragons too. That`s about breaking traditional gender roles. That`s no boubt.
>>
>>70092864
The princess certainly didn't want the money or a bigger castle.She wanted someone to get her out of that prison and let her be free,and staying by her side while she's free.By your logic the princess should've stayed inside the bigger castle for the rest of her life,just because of the money?That is literally the thing you acuse "modern" women.Being goldiggers, while you actually want them to be raised goldiggers.
>>
the dragon itself is the tower
the moral of the story is that princess always needs someone to look after her, be it man or beast
>>
>>70093053
*armor

slfx
>>
>>70093628
But the dragon isn`t meant to be her protector. It said that they are great team. So they are equal.
>>
>>70093843
she can't get anywhere without him and he was busting castles and being a nuisance before her

she is his new pet and she needs him to fit into her new gender role
>>
>>70093974
>>70093628
>the moral of the story is that princess always needs someone to look after her, be it man or beast
At this rate the authors screwed up in attempt to depict a feminist type of woman. Turns out, a woman can`t do her business alone.
>>
>>70094328
of course

it is man = animal analogy
not freedom from role analogy
since her own "new" ambition is the exactly opposite of her previous ambition
>>
>>70094671
On the other hand, don`t you think it would be too antiman if they let her do her business alone.

Despite all I tend to think they are meant to show a girl shouldn`t be restricted by any gender roles or stereotypes.
>>
>>70091384
I don't get what bothers you.

There's the "get back in the kitchen bitch" meme. In the world today women don't stay at home, they work too. Both parents have to work in the case of a family. Girls go to school and get educated like anyone. Even your communist overlords encouraged stereotype breaking gender roles.
>>
>>70095445
>I don't get what bothers you.
I`m not bothered by anything. Initially I wanted to learn if most parents in US read to their girls these modern fairy tales isntead of traditional ones with all these gender roles and stuff.
>>
>>70095170
they couldn't do that because her new role is the opposite of her previous role, the title says it all, the bad princess, ie a princess who do not wish to fulfill her role
not any role per se, but basically to not-cook, not-stay home and not-fix-her-hair, this is not a role by itself

there is no arch type in fairy tale that deals with the negation of role-type, such as the anti-king, or the anti-witch, they are all themselves another purpose, the anti-king is hamlet or whatever

so in essence this doesn't teach you anything about doing something but to rebel for the sake of rebellion

it is not a good story imo desu
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.