[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>In November 1940 Hitler told Soviet Foreign Minister Molotov

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: sea-invasion.jpg (134KB, 600x386px) Image search: [Google]
sea-invasion.jpg
134KB, 600x386px
>In November 1940 Hitler told Soviet Foreign Minister Molotov that the United States would not be a military threat until at the earliest 1970 or 1980.
>Churchill said with America's entry into the war "Germany's fate was sealed. Italy's fate was sealed. And as for the Japanese they would be ground to a powder."

Was America always destined to become the greatest power or was it a surprise to most people?
>>
America became very rich once it expanded its territory to present borders but don't forget before the two world wars the comparatively small European nations were still more powerful on the world stage. The 2nd World War especially was a golden opportunity for USA both in terms of old superpowers being destroyed and in boosting its own economy both during the war and exploiting the massive black hole in Europe after.
>>
Before the war, the US had a small and pretty shit military compared to the major european powers and it was additionally suffering from the great depression. The US heavily mobilized, however. It was a "sleeping giant" as Yamamoto put it
>>
>tfw Hitler ruined the US economy by forcing us to reallocate all our resources towards inventing a military-industrial complex

Did he have hte last laugh after all?
>>
File: blackbird-and-space-shuttl.jpg (2MB, 3300x2550px) Image search: [Google]
blackbird-and-space-shuttl.jpg
2MB, 3300x2550px
>>70085061
>implying mic doesn't create nice things
>>
>>70084731
US was isolationist, had little to no military and was in deep economic problems before the war, however with its massive population, vast natural resources and strong industrial base, it was bound to become the world superpower sooner or later (sooner in this case). High demand for just about every product caused by the war, as well as other power's own destruction and inability to fulfill those demands, allowed US to unlock their true potential.

t. hearts of iron pro
>>
>>70085061
>not wanting a military industrial complex

its like you dont even want to be a superpower
>>
>>70085237
>>70085061
Why was Hitler so wrong
>>
>>70085618
He was right about almost everything
>>
>>70085618
Because he was an idiot.
Even during WWI the Germans knew not to fuck with America and the Admirality had orders not to touch any American ships, the orders were ignored, the Lusitania sunk, and the war ended gor the entente.
>>
>>70085618
Americans did a metaphoric 180 degree during WW2. There was nothing to indicate that they'd take a more active role in the war.

Just like now they're doing a complete 180 and abandoning old allies and buddying it up with russia.

Talk about fucking mood swings.
>>
>>70085996
My grandma of 93 asked where the next Hitler was to clean up this shitskin invasion.

Really made me think.
>>
>>70086216
Soon
>>
The US was a superpower by 1900.
>>
De Tocqueville said in the 1820s that Russia was the only nation in the world that could be a serious rival to the United States.
>>
>>70085061
Do you know how much of the technology we use every day originated with defense projects?
>>
The two world wars also ensured US cultural supremacy; since 1945 the world has gradually gotten more Americanized.
>>
>>70088534
I think that's mostly because you have a giant media machine.

Culturally we're not that different.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.