[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Often times Anglos say "I mean", "you know",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 6

File: IMG_1713.jpg (192KB, 760x681px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1713.jpg
192KB, 760x681px
Often times Anglos say "I mean", "you know", or "um" in the middle of sentences. Do people also do this in your country? What do they say
>>
they add "like", "so" and "那个“
>>
no we dont, it makes you seem an airhead who just talks for the sake of talking
>>
Peruvians usually end their sentences with "pe"
Chileans usually end their sentences with "po"
Colombians usually end their sentences with "hijueputa"
Venezuelans usually end their sentences with "mamaguevo"
>>
>>70061560
For real? You don't even say "ah.." or "uh.."?
>>
>>70061454
pliss come again
>>
>>70061760
we do, hes stupid
>>
>>70061454
Lots of people say: "Emm...", "Ach...", "Hmm..."
But also the same like in english: "Ich meine...", "Weißt du? ..."
or slang: "Ey...", "Ey Alter...", "... Alter"
>>
>>70061560
This. Usually you are seen as dumb too, if you use them.
>>
>>70061454
I often say "you know" and "I mean" when I'm anxious and trying to explain something really fast.
>>
Here we add things like "viste", "coso", "tipo", we replace the "um" with "eh" and contrary to most memes we don't say "che" so often.
>>
In America people will sometime make a "blalalah" sound when they fumble a sentence. Apparently foreigners think this is really strange, to be honest I also think it is a really dumb thing girls do.
>>
why do americans currently have this trend of adding "eg" to their online messages

do they think it adds connotations? it doesn't, it is just another buffer word for live conversations when the brains cannot process fast enough

but online, they have all the time to type, revise, and hit enter to send, why do they still add "eh" like some starbucks bimbo

do they think using p/s in an email is cool too?
>>
File: I am a kitty cat.jpg (94KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
I am a kitty cat.jpg
94KB, 1280x720px
>>70061454
>cachai
>po
>cachai
>y wea
>cachai
>cachai
>cachai
>cachai
>>
>>70061454
A lot. Some people are even able to speak completely like that.
>>
þú veist (literally: you know) or þúst for short is a pretty common filler, often presided by æi (pronounced aye-ih)
>>
>>70066194
Post some examples? Pls Romanize if possible
>>
>>70061454
>quiero decir
>ya sabes
>Ehhhhh
>esteeee
>estoooo
>>
>>70061454
What is the equivalent in Korean?
>>
>>70061454
i hate when someone begins a sentence with the word like for no fucking reason. reminds me of redditards
>>
>>70066767
like what's the problem bro?
>>
>>70066730
We say things like "jugi", "hmm", "uhh", "ijae", "gusigi"
>>
>>70065822
Why do people do this? When I moved to Texas, I noticed that people will momentarily act like /r9k/ veterans as soon as they mess up a few of their words
>>
We say "tᏍáᏘᎪᎯ" in Cherokee. Which literally means "as you will see".
>>
File: image.jpg (59KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
59KB, 640x480px
>>70067430
>tᏍáᏘᎪᎯ
>>
>あの
>えーと
>何と言うか
>>
File: posters.jpg (55KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
posters.jpg
55KB, 800x800px
>>70061454
ves?
tipo de que
o sea
sacas?
sabes?
este
estem
uhh
wey
>>
tota juuh elikkäs
>>
Euh
Tu vois?
Quoi

There are probably more, but I think I don't even notice them.
>>
>>70067377
They feel self conscious and so they make fun of themselves to reduce the awkwardness of the situation.
Not that hard to figure out.
>>
>>70067613
>australia in bantermaster
bro who the hell made that chart with those low res flags you got it all wrong burrito mate
>>
>>70067430
>t. 1/32 descendent of a Cherokee princess
>>
>>70061560
>>70065266
why are you bullshitting us? it doesn't depend on the foreign language, every language has that. whether you are seen as dumb depends on your self esteem. you are just betas.
>>
>>70067613
this graph is only ~25% accurate
>>
>>70067685
>>70067743
what'd you change beside ozzys?
>>
>>70067613
pic is autism
>>
>>70067780
it is not about what you change, it is impossible to place shit with that accuracy, it is too subjective, especially in 2 dimensions. is it based on some opinion poll?
>>
>>70067837
Obviously you can't make an objective chart, no matter how many dimensions you add. The point of those charts is generalising posters from countries with enough posters.
You don't see Sri Lanka or Sudan even though they are "common" because they are always the same 2-3 posters.
>>
>>70061454
"jadi"
"eeeeeuuuuu"
"emmmmm"
>>
>>70067706
Do you say croak?
>>
>>70067910
well posters come and go, you can have a couple of active shitposters from one cunt and they can totally skew the data. also, a lot of jap posters are actually proxies (vpn). and who knows who posts under the american flag etc but whatever. i just think it is a lot of effort but the result is dubious to me.
>>
File: j5O7HzG9Ffv6TcuT.png (75KB, 426x240px) Image search: [Google]
j5O7HzG9Ffv6TcuT.png
75KB, 426x240px
Yup.

"Juuh tota elikkäs että silleen niin ja näiinn."
>>
>>70065685
I noticed the whole viste thing when I went there for the first time, everyone says it in damn near every sentence

You also have a lot of words for saying "a person": El tipo, el pibe, el flaco, el gordo etc.
>>
>>70069518
last two are fatty and skelly
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.