[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are people in other countries ever taught quotes from American

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 9

File: Winston_Churchill.jpg (608KB, 1185x1461px) Image search: [Google]
Winston_Churchill.jpg
608KB, 1185x1461px
Are people in other countries ever taught quotes from American history? We learn quotes from other countries' histories. For instance, "Veni, vidi, vici", from Caesar and "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few", from Churchill.

Post nice quotes from your country.
>>
"The wolf always looks towards the forest"
>>
why would you be "taught quotes"
>>
Je pense, donc, je suis.
I think, therefore, I am.
>>
>>69976014
*taught about
**learn about
>>
This must be the most famous quote
"Mos shikoni kisha e xhamia
Feja e Shqiptarit a Shqiptaria"
>>
>>69976010
>comfy flag
>comfy quotes
is Estonia a comfy country?
>>
"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take."

People wrongfully attribute this to Michael Jordan sometimes
>>
>>69976651
Keep licking his ass and he might tell you
>>
>>69976099
fuck off
>>
>>69976815
no need to be rude
>>
>>69979018
oh
>>
"The post of Vice-President isn't worth a bucket of warm piss"
>>
>>69975935
.....Now i've become death, the destroyer of humanity
>>
File: 145352434.jpg (81KB, 850x400px) Image search: [Google]
145352434.jpg
81KB, 850x400px
Still sends shivers down my spine.
>>
>>69975935
"For as long as one hundred of us shall remain alive, we shall never in any wise consent submit to the rule of the English, for it is not for glory we fight, nor riches, or for honour, but for freedom alone, which no good man loses but with his life."
>>
>>69979786
I came a little
>>
>>69979434
and ended up doing absolutely nuthin
>>
File: 1367149487948.jpg (7KB, 241x200px) Image search: [Google]
1367149487948.jpg
7KB, 241x200px
>>69975935
>quotes from American history
As far as I remember, the paragraphs about American history were always in the end of the section together with Asia and Africa and we never had time for this at classes and the teacher asked us to read it on vacations.
No one read it obviously.
>>
>>69975935
"What are ya, blind, cunt?"
-Fred Hollows
>>
File: 1465939973110.png (38KB, 505x800px) Image search: [Google]
1465939973110.png
38KB, 505x800px
>For score and seven years ago...
comes to mind
we read the speech in English class
on the whole English class focused a lot more on the UK than America though

most well known quote from Icelandic history is
>Vér mótmælum allir! ([So] we all protest!)
originally said by the leader of the independence movement to Count Trampe then governor of Iceland over his poor performance but soon became a rallying cry against Danish rule
other good ones
>Eigi skal höggva! (Please do not chop!)
last words of one of Snorri Sturluson one of the greatest medieval historians of Europe
>Höggva mann og annan (Chop a man and a second one)
last line of a poem supposedly written by then 3 year old viking Egill Skallagrímsson
>Eigi skal gráta Björn bónda, heldur safna liði og leita hefnda (Do not cry for Björn the farmer but gather forces and seek revenge)
a rich farmer was killed by some Englishmen and his wife went berserk
>Þau tíðkast hin breiðu spjótin (The wide spears are in fashion)
last words by a guy stabbed with a wide spear

>>69980143
funnily enough we spent way more time on Russian history than American history
>>
>>69980189
That's because Russians have history
>>
Most of the literature we get is Dutch. With English, German and French literature being treated somewhat equally. But if you want some Dutch quotes:

"The atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki have presumably prevented world war three thus-far."
>>
File: Maurice_Konradi.jpg (29KB, 389x600px) Image search: [Google]
Maurice_Konradi.jpg
29KB, 389x600px
Okay, technically this guy is a Swiss citizen. But he devoted his entire life to serving Russia.. even in exile after Russia has ceased to be:

"I believe, that with the destruction of every Bolshevik, humanity goes forward on the path of progress. I hope that other brave souls will follow my example, thus demonstrating the greatness of their feelings!"

He killed a judeobolshevik "diplomat" in Switzerland and was ruled not guilty by the Swiss court, his crime was justified by the atrocities he, his family and his country has gone through because of the bolshevik scum.
>>
>>69980397
"A marriage that is no longer a marriage should be able to get annulled, precisely for the sake of the sanctity of marriage."
>>
Ask not what your cunt can do for you, ask what you can do for your cunt
>>
>>69980585
BASED
>>
>>69980585
4Lenin hadn't choice there. Of course what happened further should never be repeted in human history.
>>
File: oppenheimer smug.png (1MB, 1300x904px) Image search: [Google]
oppenheimer smug.png
1MB, 1300x904px
>>69979270
Here's a nice pic displaying that
>>
Do foreigners know of "Give me Liberty or give me death" or the Gettysburg Address?

>>69979227
Technically he's the only person allowed to be in both the Executive and Legislative Branch here, but in both those branches he mostly plays a ceremonial role, so the quote's not wrong.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.