[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Serious non-meme question. Why exactly are Americans so fat?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 8

File: obese-man-eating-cheeseburger.jpg (27KB, 331x456px) Image search: [Google]
obese-man-eating-cheeseburger.jpg
27KB, 331x456px
Serious non-meme question. Why exactly are Americans so fat? I don't get it. obese people here are a rare thing.

Is there some weird dietary or lifestyle thing we Yuropoors aren't aware of?
>>
for some reason they consume unimaginable amounts of sugar
>>
>>69950451
"free market" competition makes fast food very cheap but mostly is just processed gmo and sugar
>>
>>69950650
>for some reason
High fructose corn syrup. Not even proper sugar. HFCS is in everything, and in massive amounts.
>>
>>69950451
>obese people here are a rare thing.
Why do you lie ?
>>
>>69950718
>"free market" competition makes fast food very cheap

>free market
Oh deary, I wish that was true. It's in fact government subsidies that make various and sundry unhealthy foods dirt cheap.
>>
>>69950451
Soft drinks are cheaper than water.
American market went full retard
>>
File: 1432156390934.jpg (206KB, 650x607px) Image search: [Google]
1432156390934.jpg
206KB, 650x607px
>>69950451
>obese people here are a rare thing
not so fast fatty
>>
>>69950817
Oh, maybe Trump can fix that?

>>69950830
Yes, there are many fatties in Yurop, but morbidly obese people are rare
>>
I don't drink sodas except once in a while on a hot day.
>>
>>69950830

The tans are the fattest as well as dumbest in europe?

http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/loseweight/Pages/statistics-and-causes-of-the-obesity-epidemic-in-the-UK.aspx

You'd know the cunts are the fathers of the bastard that is America
>>
>>69950975
Ronald Reagan tried to deregulate the agriculture business, but got too much political backlash. It would have created temporary hardships for a few years until the system adjusted, however people didn't have the patience for that.

You see, gibesmedat is like a drug. Getting off it is necessary for you to get healthy, but the withdrawal symptoms are painful and many people don't have the willpower to get clean.
>>
I work in a supermarket. There's slobbering retards who can hardly wait for the shipment of Turkey Hill ice tea to come in. This shit is total garbage. HFCS everywhere. It's like the heroin junkies coming in for their fix. But I don't care as long as I get paid. Their problem, not mine.
>>
>>69950830
>>69950451
Yeah but even then it's not *morbidly* obese like americans
Even i myself was technically obese a few years ago it was like 1m75 for 90kg. And well I looked overweight I had a big beer belly you know but i didn't have the whole body look like it's round.
>>
>>69950451
I dont think so. Most obese people just have poor diet and arent active. Mostly rural and suburban people. Drive everywhere, eat/drink lots of sugary stuff, dont exercise.
>>
>>69952273
>Yeah but even then it's not *morbidly* obese like americans
It's the same shit, don't defend it
>>
>>69950718
>GMO

Why even mention GMO here? There's literally nothing wrong with it
>>
File: walmart EBT glitch.jpg (77KB, 634x368px) Image search: [Google]
walmart EBT glitch.jpg
77KB, 634x368px
>>69950451
Truly excessive amounts of cheap and easily available food. It's also worth noting that there is a strong correlation between poverty and weight gain caused by eating huge amounts of shit food.

This is what happened when the EBT (food stamps) system glitched out for an hour and they (trailer trash and poor blacks) found out they had unlimited food funds at Walmart until it was fixed.

Notice it's all junk food. I used to work in a grocery store and I swear people on food stamps bought the most ridiculous amounts of unhealthy food out of anyone in the store.
>>
Shall we help American if they don't mind our kindness? Sorry but American seem to have some serious sickness....
>>
>>69959921
You need to be un-irradiated first
>>
File: 574854.jpg (26KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
574854.jpg
26KB, 450x600px
>>69950830
>fat anglo genes
>>
'Organic' food is expensive. Buying veggies and fruits is more expensive than buying box food.

No one really cooks anymore. When they say "come over un making pizza", that means they are making a frozen pizza from a box. When they say "come over for a BBQ" that usually means processed hotdogs and 'frozen', pre-made hamburger patties. "Come over for some soup". That means come over I will open a can of Campbell's soup and make you a grill cheese sandwhich. Oh and the grillcheese is made eith processes cheese that is nearly plastic. The bread we create here is FULL of sugar.

Everything we make is jammed eith sugar and salt or both. There is also Fructose Corn Syrup in everything. Basically super sugary motor oil. It does wonders to your body.

People try and eat healthy here but the art of cooking with nice ingrediants is gone. So people that eat healthy tend to eat Paleolithic. Lots of raw foods and water.
>>
>>69960481
Why don't you bring up more organic food items???
>>
File: 1475617971822.jpg (22KB, 318x318px) Image search: [Google]
1475617971822.jpg
22KB, 318x318px
>>69960481
>'Organic' food is expensive. Buying veggies and fruits is more expensive than buying box food.

I'll never understand this. Here I can buy produce from some babushka at the local market or meat from a butcher and the food I can make with the stuff I buy will cost less and fill me up more than premade stuff. The only "downside" is that it takes about an hour or two to cook. Maybe things are just different in there.
>>
>>69961117
Yes life here is faster. We work more often and longer hours. Monday to friday 8 hours a dayis a meme.

Dont forget our land is huge. So you generally have to travel a lonng way to work. For instance I drive my car everyday to work 40 minutes. That is nearly 1.5 hours of my day on the road. 8 hours a day for me is a short non busy day. Most of my days are 10 hours or 12 hours. So by the time I get home it is 1630, 1800 at night. I have no time to cook a proper meal. Then my kids have things like sports to attend. So i have to drive more. So we tend to get fast food on the road. Such is life in North America. We are a busy bunch of people. My Polish father in law...i cant work with him around the house. He always says "slow dowwwwn slow dowwwwn" and sits on his ass and drinks coffee "you must think of job before you work" but in my head im thinking of the clock ticking. Im thinking HURRY THE FUCK UP THERE IS NO FUCKING TIME TO SIT YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE.

Americans work rate and speed are in between european(slow) and chinese (too fast)
>>
File: 1481448911620.jpg (76KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1481448911620.jpg
76KB, 1080x1080px
>>69950451
There's a lot of shit going on and contributing to this.

Our female and minority populations in particular. 56% of black women are obese. 44% of Hispanic women are obese. It isn't as bad for white women (32%)... unless they are poor. 40% of white women living under below average income are obese. If you include overweight... 82% of black women are obese or overweight.

The men certainly are fat fucks too but the numbers stick out like a sore thumb when observing different female statistics. It is even more of a severe disparity due to the nature of BMI. Men are more likely to unfairly skew towards unhealthy BMI even if they aren't overweight because of larger muscle compositions

In terms of explaining the problem i think it is related to our infrastructure and work lifestyle. Americans drive fucking everywhere and work so much and most of those jobs include a lot of sitting. That kind of lifestyle and mass availability leads to unhealthy eating as well.

A lot of inactivity and burgers basically
>>
>>69950830
Moldavians are so fit or they just don't have money to eat?
>>
>>69950817
>Our problem is that we are too much to the economic left on the political scale
Says they country far out there to the right
>>
File: Hayate no Gotoku!.jpg (70KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Hayate no Gotoku!.jpg
70KB, 1280x720px
>>69950830
>Fatdorra
>>
>>69961643
Women probably are more prone to obesity because men in general are more physically active and have less of a sweet tooth.
>>
>>69963061
Also some desperate faggot will still hitch himself to a whale even if he is decent looking

The reverse only happens if the male is wealthy
>>
>>69950768
This, it's the High Fructose Jew perpetuated by communist corn subsidies
>>
poor health standards for food
lots of fattening additives and sugar/frucose in the food
car culture
an economy mainly focussed on service and other branches requiring one to sit behind a computer
>>
>>69950451
>obese people here are a rare thing.
>look at flag
>>
>>69962707
This one isn't actually an issue of left or right. Food subsidies for agri-business has been huge for decades, and since just kind of become an established and more or less unquestioned part of government policy all that time. Neither left nor right politicians will really touch the subject.
It's a really complex situation that you can't really get it in 4chan posts, or maybe I just don't know enough about it to do so. But basically the idea is that the government subsidizes farming of certain kinds so that the nation's food supply isn't prone to getting fucked when more global market crashes come along. So the whole thing started with good intentions. Of course the heads of agri-business companies figured how to use the subsidies for making massive amounts of the ingredients of the cheapest of foodstuffs, which returns them the maximum profit.
A lot of people know this situation is fucked, but don't really have solutions for abolishing it that would do away with the protection from market crashes that the subsidies are meant to provide. Of course the fact that large agri-businesses have used their success to fund lots and lots of lobbyists has something to do with the lack of work towards a meaningful solution.
>>
>>69950451
HFCS isn't that different from sugar, but corn subsidies mean that it's cheap to put it in a lot of food, and our palates have adjusted accordingly (I tried to do a keto diet for a week, and it was pretty difficult).
>>
>>69950451
https://youtu.be/gTzDaShIQjQ
>>
File: 1399058637854.jpg (137KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1399058637854.jpg
137KB, 900x900px
It's not their fault
the food indsutry in murrica is fucked up
with a lot of sugar and fat in their food
it makes them addicted

The question is why murricans still tolerate this?
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.