[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>he fell for the traditional characters meme Good luck trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 141
Thread images: 13

File: depression.png (15KB, 328x149px) Image search: [Google]
depression.png
15KB, 328x149px
>he fell for the traditional characters meme
Good luck trying to read this shit from far away or on a blurry picture
>>
i cant write either 鬱 or 欝 and wont memorise it

there will be no problem if you can read it and type it.
>>
>>69949034
>simplified Chinese
disgusting
>>
>>69949034
>ctrl+
Problem solved you lazy pidor
>>
>>69950356
TAIWAN
NUMBER
ONE
>>
>>69950356
simplified is just making cursive writing official though?
>>
>>69951220
no its like making everyone a cripple just because someone is a cripple
>>
>>69952285
and its like saying cutting off a leg makes you run faster because theres less weight
>>
>>69950356
I think in future Japan and Taiwan have to simplify characters to submit to master China

They are ugly AF but it works I guess
>>
>>69952460
japans kanji is not chinese characters
'simplified' chinese does not use chinese characters
they are cripples
and btw where do we have higher literacy rate, china or taiwan
>>
I learned that word in 涼宮ハルヒの憂鬱
so it's unforgettable for me
>>
>>69953518
kanji means literally "chinese characters" though
>>
>>69953518
If you like traditional that much, why do you not write in 甲骨文? Chinese characters have been becoming simplified since ever.
>>
theres no heart in mainlanders love :3
>>
>Taiwanese speak Chinese
>are literally Chinese just off the coast of China
>HK chinks live on mainland China, are a part of China and speak a Chinese dialect like many provinces do
>get buttmad AF when you call them Chinese

Explain this logic
>>
File: image.png (50KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
50KB, 750x750px
>>69949034
You don't have to take this crap.
>>
>>69953721
Cantonese is as different to Mandarin as German is to English.
>>
>>69953776
I thought it was 頻繁. What does it mean?
>>
>>69953832
'빈축'을 사다
>>
>>69953794
That's a gross exaggeration
>>
File: 4b5026582c965.jpg (45KB, 333x306px) Image search: [Google]
4b5026582c965.jpg
45KB, 333x306px
>>69953665
nice banter though
"Taiwanese don't use simplified chinese"is just a meme
you can see it whether in school or at work
only official document banned the use of it
>>
>>69953861
>Yue dialects are not mutually intelligible with other varieties of Chinese.[4] They are among the most conservative varieties with regard to the final consonants and tonal categories of Middle Chinese, but have lost several distinctions in the initial and medial consonants that other Chinese varieties have retained.

Yue = the group of languages known as Cantonese (among them the standard prestige Cantonese)
>>
>>69953923
so?
>>
>>69953776
isnt it 顰蹙?

first kanji is a bit different
>>
>>69953949
you can't just understand Mandarin if you know Cantonese, you need to learn it, even though the languages are related

similar with German and English
>>
>>69953919
>Taipei Station
>sign in simplified
>go down to B1
>signs in traditional
>take corner into the mall
>signs in simplified
>get on the bus
>traditional character stickers put over the simplified characters on the station map

make your fucking mind up
>>
>>69953861
No it isn't. What do you know? You speak neither.
>>
>>69952460
most kanji are already simplified . It's just that the simplification look somewhat like the original like 龍ー>竜
>>
>>69953861
>exaggeration
i disagree
although Cantonese is consider as a sub faction for Chinese
i can understand less than 10% Cantonese sentence with my Mandarin knowledge
i really feel like it is a unique language with burrowed Chinese character
>>
>>69953979
異體字
>>
>>69953716
but there's a friend
>>
>>69954124
how the fuck would cantonese speaker be able to read mandarin if it was a foreign language?
>>
>>69954241
because written mandarin makes sense to a cantonese but not vice versa
>>
>>69954124
Chinese is equivalent to the term "Romance/Germanic languages".

French, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese are romance languages.
Frisian, English, German, and Dutch are Germanic languages.

Cantonese, Mandarin, Hokkien, Teochew, Wu are Chinese (sinitic) languages.
>>
>>69954241
their languages aren't like European languages

they are basically one syllable words with very strict sentence position, if you just assign arbitrary signs to universal concepts you can convey the same message to anyone who knows the signs regardless of how he'd pronounce them
>>
>>69954241
Cantonese speakers learn Mandarin in school. Simple. Otherwise they would not be able to.
Mandarin speakers do not learn Cantonese.
>>
File: 23lmno.gif (15KB, 409x191px) Image search: [Google]
23lmno.gif
15KB, 409x191px
>>69950356
Disgusting. Get back to Seal Script ASAP.
>>
>>69953794
No. Think of mandarin as deep south accent and cantonese as scousers.

t.chink
>>
>>69954317
No it's not like that. Standard Chinese = Written Mandarin.

They made it obligatory for all Chinese writers to write in written Mandarin in the Qing dynasty because that's what the Manchu rulers spoke. PRC kept that policy. Since then it's been like that. Written Mandarin dominates the Chinese world.
>>
>>69954393
你講廣東話?
If not, shut up. Just because you have Chink bloods does not mean you can comment on the languages.
>Muh heritage
Always cringeworthy
>>
>>69954396
How does that change what Indonesia said?
>>
asians should switch to the superior format already
it's been fun, but I mean c'mon?? a joke shouldn't take this long
>>
>>69952285
kek, this
>>
>>69954486
lmao cantogook goes buttblasted

you're just another chink my friend
>>
>>69953665
the thing is we shouldnt force others to use a crippled language just because some commie retards think a butchered written language can increase literacy rate
i am all for the locusts in the north to keep using their stupid excuse of a language
>>
>>69954613
It really does make you look dumb and cheap when you vent your asspained rage after having gotten BTFO somewhere else.

I repeat. You speak neither. You know nothing. Go away.
>>
>>69954393
Then what would you think compares to posh British?
>>
>>69954486
Mate, I was born in Guangdong. Most words just have slightly different pronunciation, some word even sound exactly the same. Wang is wong, da is dai, xiao is xew and zhong is zhong. If you knew one very well you probably know the other.
>>
>>69954818
you're a mainland chink in denial bud, a true cuck.
>w-we wuz brits
>c-cantopride
>>
>>69954839
Welsh
>>
>>69954856
Juan is Jean is John is João
Does this make French and Spanish and English and Portuguese the same language?

Wang is wang in Korean. Does this make Korean mandarin?

The most basic words, what marks the true difference, are different. Eat, see, read, no, yes, please, movies

Parler = Hablar = Parlar = Falar
French = Spanish = Catalasn = Portuguese? Nah.
>>
>>69954981
Wut
Welsh is not a Chinese dialect as far as I know
>>
>>69954839
That would probably sound like a cantonese native speaking mandarin. It's very light on the vowels and sounds thinner in general.

>>69955037
The difference is cantonese and mandarin both literally uses the same characters, grammar and everything.
>>
>>69955229
No they do not use the same grammar. You speak neither like the german. typical muh heritage pathetic kid. I doubt you can even read Chinese characters. One of those pathetic 2nd generation overseas Chinese kids who only know Chinese by phonetic sounds.

Also all European languages use the same letters, the Roman alphabet. But that does not mean they are dialects of Italian.
>>
>>69955229
In linguistics we disregard scripts because really they are irrelevant. they are just mediums. Written in Cyrillic or Latin, Serbian is Serbian.
Cantonese is as close to Chinese as Vietnamese, if anything.
>>
>>69955508
>Cantonese is as close to Chinese as Vietnamese, if anything.
Cantonese is as close to Mandarin as Vietnamese, if anything.*
>>
>>69955441
what got in your pants my Chinese friend you seem kinda irritated
>>
>>69955229
I meant the rough equal, not the closest approximation in sound.

I heard Beijing Mandarin sounds the most refined to native Chinese, but I don't know if it's true.
Not really because of stuff like 一塊兒 instead of 一起, but because they can actually make shi, zhi, and chi sounds instead of turning them into si, zi, and ci.
>>
>>69955623
>I heard Beijing Mandarin sounds the most refined to native Chinese, but I don't know if it's true.
That's because Mandarin has the official status. So regional Chinese languages must seem rustic.

On the other hand, Cantonese had the economic and cultural powerhouse that is Hong Kong, also Guangdong is also one of the richest provinces of China and they still speak Cantonese. So Cantonese speakers think highly of Cantonese and look down on Mandarin because Cantonese does have better movies, music, etc.
>>
>>69955441
I don't think you understand. You can speak out a sentence written in Chinese and it'll make perfect sense in both mandarin and cantonese. While European languages uses the same letters, they aren't the same language.
>>
>>69955795
Most good films I watched were in Mandarin though, and most of the economy is still in hands of Mandarin speakers. Plus Mandarin sounds better than Cantonese.
You can't really expect any foreigner to be motivated enough to learn Cantonese tbqh.
>>
File: GoldenLel.png (195KB, 296x301px) Image search: [Google]
GoldenLel.png
195KB, 296x301px
>>69955795
>So Cantonese speakers think highly of Cantonese and look down on Mandarin because Cantonese does have better movies, music, etc.
>little dick syndrome
>>
>>69953794
Wrong

It's clearly related.
>>
>>69955508
>Cantonese is as close to Chinese as Vietnamese, if anything.
[Citation needed]
>>
>>69956898
he's the cantogook
>>
>>69956167
mandarin is butchered chinese
its mixed with the manchu language
i agree cantonese sounds bad
but actually its better to learn ancient text in cantonese because most of the rhymes work better in cantonese
>>
>>69953923
Yue is not Cantonese you dumbfuck.

Modern Cantonese to Modern Mandarin is like Italian to Spanish. Not so close as to be Portuguese to Spanish, but definitely within the same family.

Modern English is barely in the Germanic family anymore. Far too much French/non-German influence.
>>
>>69956765
So are English and German.
>>
>>69956765
but english is related to german too my friend
>>
>>69956968
Half your children don't even know Cantonese or Traditional characters.

Talk about superiority and not being a handicap.

You're logic is that because the Germanic languages were latinized for simplicity in the 600's-1000's, they somehow now are handicapped.
>>
>>69953919
What language do you use in Taiwan?
Cantonese?
>>
Is Japanese the most aesthetic chink language?
>>
>>69956968
English is literally several languages on top of each other in a trench coat. Nobody gives a shit about authencity and "roots".
>>
>>69956167
>Most good films I watched were in Mandarin
Name them to prove you're not trolling. Do not Google. God is watching you.
>>
>>69957220
They speak Mandarin and sometimes Hokkien.
Taiwanese sounds cute, but like the other southern accents they can't pronounce the sh, ch, and zh sounds.
>>69957228
Yes
>>
>>69957286
How about you name "good" Canto movies first.

>m-muh Sing Lung
>>
>>69957344
Hard boiled
A Better Tomorrow
The Killer
>>
>>69957031
Not necessarily important. Read my post.

Two languages can be 1% related or 50% or 60% or 99.99%.
English is more like 60% to modern German. Modern Cantonese to Modern Mandarin is much closer to 70%.
>>
>>69957418
>John "literal who" Woo
>>
>>69957286
大紅燈籠高高掛
活着
十面埋伏
英雄
霸王別姬
陽光燦爛的日子

Many more tbqh
>>
>>69957477
T.Ahmed
>>
File: choice.png (13KB, 429x431px) Image search: [Google]
choice.png
13KB, 429x431px
>>69957497
>十面埋伏
>>
>>69956898
Google lexical similarities between the languages. It's around 30% for both Cantonese and Vietnamese.
Lexical similarity between English and French is 60%. German and French 30%.
>>
>>69957566
>% of lexical similarities
>determining how closely related languages are
>>
>>69957497
It took you five minutes. You googled them.
>>69957498
He's just butthurt that someone pointed out he knows jack shit about these topics. He does not belong to this thread than anyone else. Yet he lingers on. Pathetic sight. Insignificant worms like that have "pride" that can be hurt, strange huh. It needs to realize that it is just one in 7.5 billion.
>>
>>69957615
>greentext
>argument
>>
>>69957420
damage control
>>
>>69957687
>It took you five minutes. You googled them.
Mayyyybe he's just not constantly F5ing this thread like our special snowflake cantogook here?
What's your deal anyway?
What exactly are you trying to defend?
>>
>>69957687
What do you think I googled then, "good Mandarin movies"?
>1 min clicking between different tabs and seeing someone replied to me
>3 min trying to remember the good films I saw
>1 min typing post and filling in the captcha
>>
>>69957864
You are a faggot.
>>
>>69957818
You're argument about lexical similarities is bullshit.
Comparison of languages is not just done with lexical similarities. That's completely wrong and you implying it is idiotic.
>>
>>69957823
Kill yourself.

English and German being related is meaningless to this argument. The question is the percentage of similarity.
>>
>>69958118
>good movies are also famous movies

what a fucking surprise, my chinese friend.
>>
>>69958181
>criticizing without substantiating
>insults
>argument
You are a disgrace to your country's intellectuals. Please don't pretend to be one.
>>
>>69958334
Me considering you retarded does not make your argument correct. You still have posted zero (0) sources backing your claim.
>>
>>69958118
Accepting truth is hard, I know, man.
>>
>Korea smart enough to realize how fucking stupid a character based writing system is
>create the most logical and simple writing system in the world
NIPS BTFO
>>
>>69958118
This tbqh >>69958300
I don't even get the same results by the way when I google that on google.nl or google.com, interestingly enough.

What is your point even? How do you think I choose the films that I watch, just randomly pick them from a list of every Chinese film ever?
Do you really not believe that I've seen those films? I really don't get where you're going.
>>
>>69958390
I can't be arsed to find and point them to a no-one on the internet. I gave you keywords. Google it tofuhead. You're probably a nationalistic mainlander. Disgusting.
>>
>>69958540
>You're probably a nationalistic mainlander. Disgusting.
Says the one using google in simplified chink
>>
>>69958540
I'm actually Nisei.
>>
>>69957687
Mate, this is an anonymous board, not everyone with an Australian flag is the same person. And I don't know why you're so butthurt. If anything I should be the one butthurting, but you're fuming for no reason.
>>
This is why Asians are the most uncucked people
They will hold on to their traditions even if it doesn't make any sense and they all hate each other
meanwhile Europeans are replacing their populations and culturally enriching themselves
>>
>>69958803
people dared talking bad about his holy cantonese land, some even said they enjoyed mandarin media more than cantonese.
>>
>>69958656
二世だって?じゃ日本語で答えて

なぜ語彙の類似度が言語の連関性の証拠にならない?専門語彙は排除するのはわかるけど、基本語彙の類似度は連関性の証拠になりますが?反駁してみなさい。

>>69958573
My Google is set to English. I just changed the hl variable to zh-cn to prove you are a faggot because you used simplified characters as well. Give up and just drown the next time your town gets flooded.
>>
>>69958846
forgot pic
>>
>>69958905
そして広東語と北京語の基本語彙ははっきりと違う。これも反駁して、「二世」さん。
>>
>>69959015
sick bruh you even speak Japanese.
that'll show him bet he's just a dumb westernized kid who won't be able to respond roasted him good
>>
>asian "languages"
lol
>>
Mr. Nisei is suddenly very quiet.
>>
>>69959115
your post is 5 minutes old buddy, calm your autism
>>
>>69958905
>I just changed the hl variable to zh-cn to prove you are a faggot because you used simplified characters as well
Seems an awful lot of effort just to prove a point.
>>69959115
That's easy for you to say after such a short time, while you conveniently ignored this post >>69958463 for about 20 mins now
>>
I will repeat what I said in English for you to understand and prepare your argument, Mr. Nisei.

Why is lexical similarity not an evidence of linguistic kinship? I know we need to exclude advanced vocabulary because it is most composed of loanwords, but comparing basic vocabulary is a common practice in linguistics to measure similarities between languages. And the basic vocabulary of Cantonese and Mandarin are very different. How will you refute this?

This "Chinese" Australian kid and "Second-Generation Japanese American" kid can't even read 漢字 and they think they still can comment on Asian languages like linguistic experts just because their fathers' cum came from Asia. There are degrees to muh heritage, and this is a severe one.
>>
>>69959418
And what exactly are your references?
That your father's cum comes from Asia and you happen to live there as well?

Drink a glass of ginseng tea and relax a bit, you're getting way too worked up over this shit, my Chinese friend.
>>
File: 1389111373338.jpg (55KB, 471x500px) Image search: [Google]
1389111373338.jpg
55KB, 471x500px
>>69958905
>I just changed the hl variable to zh-cn to prove you are a faggot because you used simplified characters as well.
>>
He's on a roll now.
3 litres of hot 6ix down his throat, his fingers racing over the keyboard at a speed the human eye can't follow, writing down arguments in either English or the finest 漢字 known to mankind and folded over a thousand times.
Who is going to stop him? Who would dare challenge the power of the unbeatable alleged 廣東人, master of Asian languages?
>>
>>69959291
It's just a few types in the address bar.
>>69959552
>you're getting way too worked up over this shit
says the one who's been obsessively replying to me for over an hour after having been pointed out of his ignorance and arrogance.
With such a brittle mind, it's no wonder your land is going to Muslims.
>>
>>69959418
Well, you might be the most autistic kid I've even seen. No point continue arguing because you won't listen anyway. You win by sheer autism and persistence, I'm gonna sleep.
>>
>>69959821
>It's just a few types in the address bar.
it's severe autism buddy
>>
>>69957228
Japanese is the most phonetically pleasent, and Korean the most visually pleasent.
>>
>>69959858
>No point continue arguing because you won't listen anyway.
Subtitles: Yeah I lost but I won't admit it because I do have self-esteem despite being a pathetic muh heritage faggot that gains confidence from collective entities such as languages and countries (in your case Mandarin and PRC) instead of personal achievements so I will make up some petty remarks and just pretend I got tired of talking to him. That way my self-esteem stays intact.

Whatever makes you sleep at night. Sweet dreams. 晩安。
>>
>>69959934
”Let's pretend I have countered his argument/banter/or whatever that is by replying to the post he wrote for another person."

It's so cheap it hurts. Please keep basic decency.
>>
>>69960050
damn that was the final stab bud
now he is rekt for good
will he ever recover?
uncertain.
will you remain the eternal champion of autistic kids?
without a doubt.

How do you feel after this victory?
Give us some insights.
>>
>>69960050
Just curious, what is your actual original nationality?
Your English and Japanese both seem pretty good. It's pretty rare for people to have a good control over both Asian and European languages tbqh.
>>
>>69959608
It escaped me for a second that basic "feats" as this one must seems like lies, "implications", or "magic" to people who are blind to tech.

Here. I'm a Swede now.
>>
>>69958463
>I don't even get the same results by the way when I google that on google.nl or google.com, interestingly enough.
>>69960317
Notice how the results that I mentioned aren't in the Swedish list either.
You still didn't reply to that post by the way.
>>
>>69960240
I am French.
>>
>>69960553
Then why is your google set to English.
Are you having a hard time identifying with your roots.
>>
>>69960553
How did you end up in Korea?
>>
>>69960619
Because it gives me definitions when I type "define [word]"
>>69960701
Somehow.
>>
憂鬱
>>
File: 131208639324.jpg (13KB, 275x206px) Image search: [Google]
131208639324.jpg
13KB, 275x206px
>>69956230
It's true, Ip Man is the kickassest action movie I will ever see. He's the master of Bruce Lee, who is from Hong Kong, and there is also Jackie Chan.

Rest of China only has Jet Li to account for.
>>
>>69960791
>somehow
le mystery man

btw, the define command works in french too

>>69960894
Bruce Lee is American
>>
>>69960791
Mate, I'm genuinely curious. We may not quite agree on Mandarin and Cantonese films, but it seems strange for a Frenchman living in Korea to produce words like 反駁 in such a small time, even though you Japanese still sounds a tad unnatural and your particles are a bit off.
Are you an exchange student?
>>
>>69960969
*your Japanese
>>
>>69949034
imagine that you're learning this language and you see these symbols and you want to ask someone what it means but you're alone so you have to write it down

hell, it's not like you can read it and ask "hey what does this word mean?"
>>
>>69960920
it gives you definitions in French which are utter garbage.
The English Google gives me the OED definitions.
>>
>>69961108
Why would a genius such as yourself need those definitions anyway?
>>
>>69960969
I admit using kotobank with that word.
https://kotobank.jp/ejword/refute

i'm not an exchange student.
>>
>>69961061
You can if you recognise that the left character contains the characters for "hundred", "love", and the top of "each".
The right character contains two trees and a can among others. You could find them that way.
>>
File: dorirus.gif (3MB, 250x255px) Image search: [Google]
dorirus.gif
3MB, 250x255px
>>69960894
Oh, I may also add Red Cliff is fucking based and, even though the movie was shot in Beijing, the director is from Guangdong.

Stephen Chow (Kung Fu Hustle, Shaolin Soccer) is from Honk Kong.

Beijing can only brag about Big Fish & Begonia. Which is quite cool, but eh.

>>69960920
>Bruce Lee is American
Well, do you think he learned Wing Chun with Ip Man in China Town?
Thread posts: 141
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.