[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain what Americans did differently than Canadians

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

Can someone explain what Americans did differently than Canadians to not be a Commonwealth realm?

I mean in both countries it was land simply taken by the British...no?

How did Americans manage to become Americans while Canadians continued calling themselves British?

If you guys have any links you can post that explain this and more in terms of American history, would be great.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/American_Revolution
>>
>>69522671
We kinda fought a war. It is a pretty big deal for us and we never shut up about it. Don't you hear all the loud bangs to the south on July 4th? Did you never wonder what all the noise was about?
>>
>>69522671
>be Canada in 1776
>be too scared to fight for independence
>have to wait till 1931 to get it
>>
the two colonies that would become Canada refused to join the Revolution.
Quebec, because Washington hated Catholics and the French, and Nova Scotia because it held the largest British naval base in the New World at the time
>>
>>69522719
>>69523257
No taxation without representation bro', you were right about it
>>
>>69523330
Nova Scotia was known as the 14th American colony, but refused to join the Revolution because American privateers kept attacking it. New Brunswick planned on joining the US during Confederation but Britain wouldn't let it.
>>
I think we kind of fought for our independence in some kind of war

I'm not really sure though don't quote me on it or anything
>>
>>69523281
>1931

why do yanks perpetuate this meme

it was 1867 you runt
>>
>>69523482
1867 was their current constitution; 1931 was the Statute of Westminster and thus a final severance of the UK in Canadian affairs, although the Privy Council in London still heard appeals from Canada well into the 1950s.
>>
>>69523482
trying to suck German cock by pretending they're older than us
>>
>>69523523
>although the Privy Council in London still heard appeals from Canada well into the 1950s.

LEL that's so adorable
>>
americans got tired of being england's bitch so they teamed up with france to fuck britain up

canada was too pussy to do anything so they never got their independence and are pretty much still england's bitch but also america's bitch
>>
>>69523386
>Nova Scotia was known as the 14th American colony, but refused to join the Revolution because American privateers kept attacking it.
because Halifax was the largest British naval base in the New World, and Nova Scotians didn't have the means or desire to revolt because of that
>>
>>69523825
true
>>
>their queen is isabel II
>independent country

NOT SO FAST CANADA
>>
>>69522671
YOU. SIMPLY. DON'T. THROW. TEA. OVERBOARD!!
>>
>>69524371
Notice how my flag's not a fucking leaf, nor does it have a cuckstamp?
>>
>>69522671
>not wanting to be in the same commonwealth as Nigeria
I think I understand Americans
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.