[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do South Koreans get mad about being called GOOKS? >watching

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: kj_gjy_07_[1].jpg (171KB, 450x605px) Image search: [Google]
kj_gjy_07_[1].jpg
171KB, 450x605px
Why do South Koreans get mad about being called GOOKS?

>watching Korean movie
>one of the characters is literally called Yun GOOK
>their LANGUAGE is called HANGOOK

Like...it's just part of your own language.
Why be upset over it?

pic related, her name is Ji Yun Gook
>>
>>69479872
It isn't obviously a compliment. It is actually a dumb way to call us since gook in chinese character means a nation. I would rather take chink.
>>
>>69479872
I Don care
But i don t know reaction of other gooks
>>
>>69479949
>It isn't obviously a compliment

meh, seems just like banter to me, like calling a Brit ''bong''.

The reason why they call you gook is because of Hangook too.

Calling you Chink would make no sense...
>>
>>69480066
It is categorised informal and offensive in the dictionary.
>>
>>69480225
>it's categorised offensive in the dictionary

you can't be fucking serious
>>
>>69480239
You are acting like most people using that word have no intention of inappropriateness or depreciation.. funny.
>>
File: 1478708771106.png (24KB, 419x419px) Image search: [Google]
1478708771106.png
24KB, 419x419px
>>69480239
yes it is you monkey
>>
>>69479872
Every race or nationality has their meme names. Koreans are probably just too insecure to take the joke.
>>
>>69480322
I'm acting like it's not big deal, just like I don't give a fuck about being called a monkey

see -> >>69480335
>>
>>69480402
and we have korean posters who call themselves gook. Whats your point?
>>
>>69480402
Oh okay, nice to know how you think about the word.
>>
>>69480464
Never before have I seen this.
Post proof.

>>69480550
Koreans are nice people :)
>>
File: 1457648055380.png (105KB, 400x492px) Image search: [Google]
1457648055380.png
105KB, 400x492px
>>69479872
>Pakistan
>Land of the Pakis
>Pak means pure/clean
>still not allowed to call them Pakis,

OP, you lost the minute you tried to apply reason to political correctness.
>>
>>69481256
>OP, you lost the minute you tried to apply reason to political correctness.

I'm sorry Eire.
Why can't we all be more like you?

On an unrelated note - Do you use the term Pikey (or is it pike?) to refer to gypsies?

is it also considered offensive there?
>>
>>69481256
>still not allowed to call them Pakis,
Wait what
>>
>>69481256
>not calling them pakpaks
>>
>>69481335
>Do you use the term Pikey (or is it pike?) to refer to gypsies?
Sort of. There are two sorts of gypsies, the ones that come from Eastern Europe, whom we call gypsies or Romani, and the indigenous Irish ones, whom we call travellers or pikeys.

Travellers are uncouth and rough alcoholics who have family feuds that always end violently and sometimes end fatally. That said, they mostly make their money from dog-racing and dodgy building, whereas Romani are often involved in much more dangerous shit.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.