[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>be french >germans attack through belgium in ww1 >get

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1411404875010.jpg (60KB, 498x668px) Image search: [Google]
1411404875010.jpg
60KB, 498x668px
>be french
>germans attack through belgium in ww1
>get BTFO, british have to rescue you at the marne
>america arrives, saves the day, war is over
>spend billions to build the maginot line on the franco-german border
>forget to extend it to the channel
>germans attack through belgium in ww2
>get BTFO again

lmao
>>
File: Screenshot_20170104-090811.png (685KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170104-090811.png
685KB, 1440x2560px
>be Italian
>die of frostbite during the summer
looooool
>>
>>69468284
>3000 meters high mountains
well no shit, pierre
>>
>>69468139
>america saves the day

lmao

also the frenchies wanted to extend the maginot to the channel, but they isn't have the money (Great Depression anyone?) and the Belgians weren't too happy about such a proposal
>>
>>69468308
>isn't
didn't
>>
>>69468308
>the Belgians weren't too happy about such a proposal

>getting cuckolded by a literal noncountry you helped to create

lmao

that's next level cuckoldry

the french gov't should have forced the belgians to accept it or have permission by the french government to extent it INSIDE belgian borders.
>>
>>69468298
Still, you must have some pretty shit logistics for it to happen.
>>
>>69468331
The Belgians already had impressive fortifications on the German frontier. They just didn't plan for German paratroopers capturing the fortresses around Liege in the opening hours of war
>>
>>69468357
Eh, it was intentional really

Mussolini said it himself

>>69468377
>The Belgians already had impressive fortifications on the German frontier.
You mean Eben Emael that was captured in one night by German paratroopers WITHOUT A SINGLE CASUALTY?

lmao great forts you got there lelgium
>>
>>69468396
>implying maginot line extension to the Belgian-German frontier would have been any better
the Belgians wanted to stay neutral, and rejected French proposals of preemptive reinforcement along the Belgian-German frontier
>>
>>69468423
it would have
the maginot was virtually undefeated in 1940
the saar offensive was still the best option for france to defeat germany in ww2
>>
>>69468461
Did you even read my post? The Belgians would do anything to avoid provoking Germany and remain neutral at all costs, refusing all French proposals regarding placing troops on the Belgian-German border. With Belgian troops hardly prepared to put up resistance even Maginot fortifications wouldn't have been defended properly
>>
>>69468506
The Netherlands cleared a path for German tanks in our south, where German troops could quickly get to Belgium while leaving us alone.

But for some reason the didn't pick up on the offer.
>>
>>69468506
>Did you even read my post?
did you?
I know what the belgians wanted but france should not have cared about a tiny noncountry
>>
File: Limburg_in_the_Netherlands.svg.png (28KB, 264x298px) Image search: [Google]
Limburg_in_the_Netherlands.svg.png
28KB, 264x298px
>>69468555
We told them it was okay to drive there. Just leave us alone. :^)
>>
>>69468139
>america arrives, saves the day, war is over

triggered
>>
>>69468558
France wasn't in the mood to bend noncountries to their will. They preferred to work with them, hence all the Little Entente projects and the Czech alliance. And anyway, the French didn't have the money to afford more fortifications, and had enough of their internal problems to deal with (Popular Front etc)
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.