[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>kill all federalist shitheads >establish centralized gov't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 16

>kill all federalist shitheads
>establish centralized gov't in bogota
>establish strong 2 party system and build a national identity like colombia did in the 1800s
>get european migrants to come and settle the massive pampas that spans across venezuela and colombia
>bring costa rica, nicaragua, honduras, and el salvador into Gran Colombia
>make agreement with USA to let them do whatever the fuck they want in the rest of the carribbean and everything to the north of honduras if Colombia can do whatever the fuck they want south of the border
>diversify economy, agricultural at first (grains and cattle like argentina, coffee like colombia already produces)
>use early wealth to jumpstart industrialization just a little bit after western europe and north america
>develop strong powerful modern society and create a homogenous urban culture

>population would be around 150,000,000
>Would probably be 4th or 5th largest economy in the world
>would probably be a nuclear power
>would bring colombia into the light as a world superpower and innovator
>complete safety and security and the best infrastructure to explore the vast and breathtaking natural wonders
>would be a cool shape

>you will never live in this colombia
fucking end me
>>
File: 1482547594245.png (107KB, 841x797px) Image search: [Google]
1482547594245.png
107KB, 841x797px
>tfw you will never border Gran Colombia
>>
>>69461107
>you will never see Bogotá as the global city it deserves to be

it hurts to live
>>
>>69461107
any country can have wild dreams

only few make it reality

this country would have been sieged by drug war and dutch disease so badly it wouldnt be funny
>>
File: 2a.Col-Nevado1.jpg (241KB, 1280x852px) Image search: [Google]
2a.Col-Nevado1.jpg
241KB, 1280x852px
>>69461165
>you will never hike the colombian andes with your mexican bro without having in the back of your mind the fact that you could be kidnapped at any moment

fuck just end it already
>>
File: FB_IMG_1480976870600.jpg (15KB, 629x477px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1480976870600.jpg
15KB, 629x477px
Why isn't it Gran Ecuador?
>>
>>69461107
You've been playing too much vic2 m8
>>
>>69461279
>he thinks quito deserves sovereignty
>>
Redpill me on South American climate, /int/.

What's it like over there?
>>
>>69461454
cold except in beaches and jungles
>>
File: BOGOTA1980s.jpg (121KB, 1157x785px) Image search: [Google]
BOGOTA1980s.jpg
121KB, 1157x785px
>>69461454
>andean highlands
same temp all year mas o menos, never gets hotter than 75, never colder than 40 - god tier
>jungles
hot and sticky
>pampas
like the andean highlands but like 30 degrees warmer

probably dusty too?
>>
>>69461358
If the goverment tries to form gran colombia back again i will enlist to make it happen.
>>
>>69461107
That's literally what i do everytime i play with Mexico or Paraguay in Vicky 2.
>>
>>69461531
>>69461490

Cool. Pampas is my favorite geographic feature, next to the Mongolian steppe and the mountains of Central Asia.
>>
File: images.jpg (11KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
11KB, 224x225px
>>
File: 53.png (28KB, 543x257px) Image search: [Google]
53.png
28KB, 543x257px
>>69461454
Not so bad, i wish it was colder tbqhwyfamalam
>>
>>69461279
Why not a new name?

Se que los primeros nombre que dimos a esa region fue Reino de Tierra Firme o Castilla de Oro
>>
File: pampas-2.jpg (64KB, 640x414px) Image search: [Google]
pampas-2.jpg
64KB, 640x414px
>>69461591
why is that?
>>
File: 1388946425204.gif (499KB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1388946425204.gif
499KB, 500x278px
>>69461107
Woah...so this...is the power...of real autism..
>>
>>69461749
that's cool mental exercise
i mean just imagine a first world and white latin america
>>
Stopped reading at "establish centralized gov't".
>>
>>69461908
>he thinks an economy can grow along with development, social services, and well-being without a strong central government

>>69461869
there would be lots of mestizos and indigenous people still though, it would be insanely multi-cultural, just imagine if it broke down like this:

>55% white
>30% mestizo
>7% black
>7% asian
>1% indigenous

sounds like the US in 5 years lol
>>
>>69462050
>and well-being without a strong central government
Strong centralized governments are cancerous and my country is proof of that. It's rather odd how you support strong centralized government but at the same time is against federalism.
>>
File: Feelings.jpg (1MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Feelings.jpg
1MB, 1920x2560px
>>69461107
>>
Sorry Juan, but I'm afraid that canal is rightfully ours
>>
>>69462155
in 19th century colombia there were federalists and centralists, the former wanted a federal system with less central power and more state power, while the centralists wanted things more centralized
>>
>>69462423
argentina had the same problem, it didnt end well either
>>
>>69461182
>sieged by drug war
and the state would have sufficient resources to suppress it

>dutch disease
that would be stopped because 1. it would already have one of the most powerful currencies in the world 2. the state would have much more resources to deal with that too
>>
>>69462423
Latin America needs smaller governments and libertarianism. Strong centralized governments are one the reasons we're ruined, Chile being an exception for, guess what, being the freest nation in Latin America.
>>
>>69461165
>tfw no grand federal republic alliance of the US, Gran Colombia, and Mexico, btfoing monarchies and unitarians
>>
>>69462617
Considering how the British dominion (AU/NZ/CA) and its overseas territories are considerably more prosperous than the United States, I don't think federal republics are on the winning side. The European Union itself is also another example of a larger government manipulating pseudo-nations, guess how that's been working out for them.
>>
>>69462753
Canada and Australia are both federal republics
>>
>>69461107
CHICANOOOOOO AJSKAKJSKAJS
>>
>>69462804
Sorry, federal "monarchies" that are republics in all but name because the monarch lives in a different country and has 0 power. Either way, my point is that they're both federal.

Germany is also federal and does just fine.
>>
File: pablo.jpg (238KB, 1600x800px) Image search: [Google]
pablo.jpg
238KB, 1600x800px
>>69461107
>you will never be a sicario working for Pablo in 1970s
it hurts to live
>>
>>69462854
Federal monarchies in populations 1/10 the size of the USA. As they grow they'll eventually be forced to cut the government size if they wish to remain prosperous. The butthurt you see in the United States mainly from California and Texas is a side effect of a government that has grown too large and centralized to respect each state's culture and political leaning, plus the fact that the wealthier states will always have their wealth chopped through heavier federal taxation.

The same is happening in Brazil but with considerably less freedom and in a much larger scale.
>>
>>69462548
this
>>
>>69462854
>0 power.

lel no. Our military literally belongs to the Queen. Just because she doesn't USE her power, doesn't mean she doesn't have any. It's been this way for centuries.

The Monarch can dissolve Parliament at any time, which she did to Australia once.
>>
>>69463426
The reason the US does slightly worse than Australia and Canada has nothing to do with the size of our population and everything to do with the racial composition of our population. Remove the blacks from the equation, and the US obesity rate drops to the same level as Australia's, its violent crime rate drops, it's murder rate is literally cut in half, and it basically resembles a larger version of Canada in terms of safety and health.

>The butthurt you see in the United States mainly from California and Texas is a side effect of a government that has grown too large and centralized to respect each state's culture and political leaning

A unitary system would make that even worse, though. A federal system grants greater autonomy to the individual states.

>>69463512
You know what I mean, though. Just like in Britain, the Queen has a lot of theoretical power but would never exercise without full consent of the people because that's an express ticket to getting Glorious Revolution'd.

Australia's thing was all the way back in the 60s or 70s, wasn't it?
>>
>>69463662
*its murder rate is literally cut in half
>>
>>69461107
Wew lad, are you Colombian by any chance?

>>69461454
It's around 14C degrees year round where I live. Anything above 20C degrees is hell on earth, good thing my city rarely reaches those temperatures.
>>
>>69461107
>bring costa rica, nicaragua, honduras, and el salvador into Gran Colombia
I'm okay with this, we would be bordering a big country with good potential.
>>
>>69461908
THIS
>>
>>69461107
How are you going to industrialize without coal? There's tons of oil, of course, but you can't fully exploit that until the mid-20th century. So Gran Colombia has to survive up until the 1930s or so without the USA completely fucking it up. Seems kind of unlikely.

>>69461182
>any country can have wild dreams
>only few make it reality

This, look at major powers like the USA and the fact that we're even still a country is based on a ridiculous series of lucky events that borders on divine intervention.

"Hey look, France wants to sell half a continent to us."
"Lucky us, Britain was too lucky fighting France to crush us and take that land"
"Mexico's dumbass dictator just drove Texas right to us".....(50 years later)..."holy shit, oil!"
"We just bought this empty ice wasteland from Russia"....(50 years later)..."holy shit, oil!"
"Wow, look at that, we're sitting on 1/4 of the world's coal supply! How convenient!"
>>
File: 1cz7kl.jpg (49KB, 500x515px) Image search: [Google]
1cz7kl.jpg
49KB, 500x515px
>>69462548
Bravo. Listen to this man people.
>>
File: Chilean Invasion Agency.jpg (581KB, 1330x800px) Image search: [Google]
Chilean Invasion Agency.jpg
581KB, 1330x800px
>>69462548
CIA coups for everyone!
>>
>>69462854
>Germany is also federal and does just fine.
Let's have a bet for how long they'll last under Merkel and the likes of her.

Parliamentary Monarchy is the way to go, so long the monarch respects the constitution but at the same time has enough power to be able to manipulate both the Executive and Legislative powers at the will of the population. Pair that with libertarianism and you'll have a legitimately wealthy and prosperous nation. The monarch also has a cultural power over the nation and the maintenance of its tradition, something a president doesn't.

>>69463662
Matter of fact negroids are a problem in the USA, just like in every single nation they set their feet in, but that has nothing to do with separatism in California and Texas, for the most part. They simply want more political freedom to do whatever the hell they want within the boundaries of their territories without Mr. President and Mrs. Constitution calling them out.

Government too strong and centralized + too many people with diverging ideologies under the same roof = shit deemed to happen at one point.
>>
File: 1364060942555.png (527KB, 1146x612px) Image search: [Google]
1364060942555.png
527KB, 1146x612px
I'd rather have "La República Del Cono Sur Honorario"

>Argentina
>Chile
>Uruguay
>South Brazil
>Quebec
>maybe Costa Nica if Gran Congolombia hasn't claimed them already
it would be glorious
>>
>>69463995
>but that has nothing to do with separatism in California and Texas, for the most part

Separatism in California and Texas is a meme based on silly overreactions by a kooky minority after a presidential election. It's not a real thing.

>They simply want more political freedom to do whatever the hell they want within the boundaries of their territories without Mr. President and Mrs. Constitution calling them out.

That's exactly why we have a federal system. States are free to make their own laws, set their own educational standards, even set up their own income taxes. In a unitary system they would have none of that freedom. A federal system is more conducive to libertarianism than a unitary system by a longshot, because by definition it is less centralized and grants greater autonomy to different states.
>>
>>69463919
many countries in this continent have been served golden opportunities in golden plates. the luck is in not fucking up
>>
>>69463919
Not many countries take advanteges of those opportunities. Your biggest advantage was your constitution and being an anglo country.
>>
Tfw there's no Gran Colombia in your lifetime :'(
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.