[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

traditional >我是老师 simplified >我是一名教师

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 1459454706007s.jpg (8KB, 250x201px) Image search: [Google]
1459454706007s.jpg
8KB, 250x201px
traditional
>我是老师

simplified
>我是一名教师

why ?
>>
>>69154446
Why would you even want to learn speaking chinese? Hungry for that gommunism baguettee?
>>
>>69154570
Why not ?

I mean it's a pretty interesting language and there is a lot of literary works that are not (properly) translated that interest me.

Plus speaking English, French, German and Spanish as well as Mandarin makes me a valuable asset.
>>
>>69154446
"teacher" in traditional form should be 老師

it's also written as 教師 in Japanese kanji
>>
>>69154799
Sorry, I don't have traditional keyboard installed
>>
>>69154799
>>69154872
>traditional keyboard
Speaking of which, did anyone ever actually use one of these things?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHJhah1c-K0
>>
File: durrr.jpg (23KB, 600x484px) Image search: [Google]
durrr.jpg
23KB, 600x484px
>>69154617
tfw you will never be as smart as this french anon
>>
there are some difference in meaning even if there is no typographical difference

i am teacher = i do teaching

i am a (named) teacher = i am a known teacher

because they are actually different things
>>
>>69154446
>文言
Latin tier goat writing
>白話文
absolute disgusting pleb language
>>
>>69156355
the terrible thing is that I never know if you mean Japanese or Chinese when you use Kanji.
>>
>>69156800
我發帖漢語的帖子.
>>
>>69154446
hi
I'm not a Chinese, but a member of Chinese-letters sphere.

Traditional Chinese is not a spoken language, but a written language.

Its grammar is designed to enhance its brevity and logicality

Modern written Chinese is quite similar with Modern spoken Chinese, and its sentences include many additional information to make them easily understood in conversations
>>
>>69154446
That's what happens when they choose different translators. You'll often find the same in any kind of product packaging, where the simplified Chinese version is not just a conversion of the traditional Chinese version but rather a complete rewording.

>我是老师
>我是一名教师
Not much a difference there. Je suis professeur. Je suis un professeur.
>>
>>69158208
I know the meaning, just wondering why the simplified one is so much longer to say the same thing.

>>69158085
谢谢好老师
>>
>>69154446
"Simplified" isn't really simplified.

It's a new standardization built to promote the PRC government's hold on Chinese culture.

It makes people functionally illiterate to "traditional" hanzi, and thus less likely to be influenced by old or foreign text.
>>
>>69158364
I don't know about that, I feel many Chinese people are interested in it and those who have that interest are at least moderately proficient.

My girlfriend is Chinese and her father, who sadly passed away, was passionate about traditional Chinese literature, she doesn't care much for it but I'm sure if she were a boy she would have been able to read it fluently in her teenage years.
>>
>>69158284
Frog anon, the thing is, you could perfectly write each version in the other script it doesn't matter. You can perfectly write 我是一名教師 in traditional, and 我是老师 in simplified. The simplified Chinese version isn't necessarily longer--it's just the wording the translator chose.
>>
>>69158459
Then I should find and kill that translator.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.