[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like living in Chicago? As in actually living

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 8

File: chichagoff.jpg (462KB, 1800x1200px) Image search: [Google]
chichagoff.jpg
462KB, 1800x1200px
What's it like living in Chicago? As in actually living in the city? Obviously you avoid the nigger areas like the plauge, but what about the good areas?
Would it be a good place to move to for work? I got to get out of small towns and move to someplace bigger and experience life.
>>
Friend of mines moved there to practice medicine and the only thing he lives about the city is the public transportation minus the bums.
>>
File: chicago close houses.jpg (116KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
chicago close houses.jpg
116KB, 640x360px
>>69123662
>but what about the good areas?
They're nice
>>
File: feelz.jpg (28KB, 357x431px) Image search: [Google]
feelz.jpg
28KB, 357x431px
>you'll never gonna live in Chiraq
>>
if you can afford to live in a nice area it's nice, if you can't, it sucks ass, and most people that work in the city live in the suburbs. so it just entirely depends on what you do for work.
>>
File: image.jpg (11KB, 193x261px)
image.jpg
11KB, 193x261px
>>69124336
>tfw will never blast niggas on the block then git to the crib and drink some lean with the niggas
>>
File: Chicago Gang Map.jpg (154KB, 502x748px) Image search: [Google]
Chicago Gang Map.jpg
154KB, 502x748px
>>69123662
gang territories
>>
File: police camera.jpg (59KB, 1024x700px) Image search: [Google]
police camera.jpg
59KB, 1024x700px
>>69126035
These cameras used to be reserved for the worst of the worst blocks/neighborhoods. It was almost a badge of honor.
>>
File: police camera PODs_locations.jpg (114KB, 500x250px) Image search: [Google]
police camera PODs_locations.jpg
114KB, 500x250px
>>69126106
Now they are everywhere. It's more shocking for a neighborhood not to have one now. Even yuppieville Cubs Wrigleyville has one right outside the stadium. They can see up to 4 city blocks all ways.
>>
>>69126035
Too bad we can't wipe American cities free of niggers so they can become decent places to live in again.
>>
>>69126153
a lot of those are Hispanic. Also, there are some middle eastern, asian, and white gangs too.
>>
>>69126139
>>69126106
Chicago is turning into London
>>
like being in latin america unless you're ultra rich
>>
>>69126180
Are theirs bulletproof too?
>>
>>69126222
I doubt they even know what a gun looks like
>>
File: speed_camera_map2-450x450.jpg (103KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
speed_camera_map2-450x450.jpg
103KB, 450x450px
>>69126139
check this out though, worst gang of em all

this isn't overdoing it on red light/speed light cameras is it?
>>
>>69126035
i wonder what hyde park is like.

one of the richest neighborhoods and best universities, where obama use to live, surrounded by a sea of feral blacks.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-UjVvGE0oE&t=2s
Detroit 2
>>
>>69123662
>nigger areas
Is this really a thing? Like I could be beaten just for being white and entering the "wrong territory"?
>>
>>69126398
Can't forget about our 10% sales tax, highest in the nation, the heavy taxes on alcohol and tobacco and of course the water tax.

>>69126422
Hyde Park is not rich. Gold Coast however is very much so and is right across from Cabrini Green. Lots of upscale places become hell the next corner over.
>>
>>69126546
okay. i was talking to some probably rich white folks from chicago and they said crime is usually kept to neighborhoods.

how do you guys prevent the poorer black people from just invading and looting rich people when they are so close by?
>>
>>69126546
>Can't forget about our 10% sales tax, highest in the nation, the heavy taxes on alcohol and tobacco and of course the water tax.
And of course the #1 ranked most corrupt city in the nation for decades. Politicians and cops determining it. (those youtubers trying to "pwn" cops with better knowledge of codes and shit lolol try that here)

>>69126546
I should add, it's above average but that is not saying much in Chicago.

>>69126658
I'd say murder is usually kept to neighborhoods but crime spills over. Gang bangers travel.
>>
>>69126700
>I'd say murder is usually kept to neighborhoods but crime spills over. Gang bangers travel.
Even then there were a bunch of random murders on our highways this year, and a few around millenium park. You never know but I don't think it is a legitimate worry. It'd be like hitting a mini lotto or some shit probably.
>>
>>69126700
word. is it safe to walk around at like 2 am in neutral areas?

i can walk end to end in toronto and never really encounter anything and use to walk around the major street full of homeless people and hookers every night coming home from school and never feel unsafe.
>>
>>69126796
In high school I used to get checked by gang bangers all the time, especially at night but now that I'm older kind of just stopped.

I'd say it's mostly safe but you can never know unless you are familiar with the area. I'm not worried about it but I'm used to it. I can walk through the hood because I'm a big guy and I don't look like I don't belong there. The easiest way to get fucked with is to look scared or lost.
>>
>>69126899
For the record, "check" means when a gang banger thinks you might be affiliated with a gang and throws up their sign/represents to see how you respond. It can be as little as a sign flashed or as much as threatening to kill you. The only way to handle this is to keep it moving and completely ignore them.
>>
>>69126899
get checked?

do you carry phones/money around?
>>
>>69127033
lol that's some tribal ass shit going on.
>>
>>69127065
Never heard the phrase "whatchu iz?"
https://youtu.be/FhKxzVWHyrI
At the end of the song around 3:30 it has actual bangers repping their gang/set.

Chicago used to have amazing gang music.
https://youtu.be/H1XO2jdektw
This is like the song version of >>69126035

I talk a lot of shit about gangs but it has its allure (especially in hs) and it's just in Chicago's DNA ever since Capone. People here secretly like that murder is high and gangs are rampant. It's like real life rap.
>>
also our weather is absolute shit

good night
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.