[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are English teachers all losers? Couldn't find job or girlfriend

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: tumblr_nwulro4EIe1udwanoo1_1280.jpg (29KB, 590x578px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nwulro4EIe1udwanoo1_1280.jpg
29KB, 590x578px
Are English teachers all losers?
Couldn't find job or girlfriend at homeland so came to Asia?
>>
>>69089088
Are they fucking your women and is that pissing you off?
>>
Yeah, pretty much. My friend was a pretty awkward dude, he claims he taught English in Japan for no other reason than getting better at Street Fighter. He came home with a 7/10 waifu. I had a feeling he was full of shit, but that just solidified my suspicion. His girlfriend is even more awkward than he is, so I guess he had to go to Asia to find a girl that was compatible.
>>
>>69089088
no, only 90%
>>
Japan is kind of bottom-of-the-barrel as far as ESL opportunities go. I mean, not El Salvador tier, but the actual career potential there is near nonexistent.

So I suspect that most teachers there are in it for the culture and/or the poon tang. Or they're new teachers are there to get a year or two of experience before moving on to better horizons.
>>
Not sure about English teachers in foreign countries, but all the ones I've had (save for one) seem like bitter, jaded individuals with a stick up their ass, nothing you do will please them. Fuck English teachers.
>>
>>69089165
You wanna be an English teacher too?
>>
>>69089357

That's very true. Ever visit an ESL-teacher's forum? They're filled with weird-ass agenda-laden bitter dickholes lashing out at each other.

I'm heading to Dubai in the near future either as seminar leader/trainer or regular teacher (if the former doesn't work out) and I couldn't be any happier.

The profit potential is unreal and the city ain't half bad.
>>
File: 1480122218054.png (30KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1480122218054.png
30KB, 657x527px
>>69089088
>continuing the cultural colonisation of your people
Biggest fucking loosers man
>>
>>69089469
Noice anon, good luck over there.
>>
File: 20141120_1416495433_31684800_1.jpg (30KB, 520x290px) Image search: [Google]
20141120_1416495433_31684800_1.jpg
30KB, 520x290px
>>69089165
yes
>>
From what I've seen they come in two categories:
- Awkward, lanky guys with premature balding who might have caused a school shooting if not for their new life in Asia. Got laid in Asia for the first time, prob in their twenties. Probably owned several dakimakuras in their lifetimes. Seem to be running from something. End up getting their ass deported or leave after some very unpleasant or scary incident. Have trouble adjusting to real life once they're back in the West.

-Old, alcoholic, unhygienic and jaded grognards who have been there way longer than they should. May have a leech wife they only keep for residency papers. Probably wanted sex offenders running from whatever creepy shit they did in Indo, Thailane or the Philippines. Do a lot of passive-aggressive seriousposting on ESL forums and have very high opinions of themselves for being diseased and bloated old failures.
>>
My native English teacher was from Stanford uni.
>>
yes anecdotally from what I've been able to tell most of them haven't even studied the native language

the only skill they have is that they can speak english natively

being a native speaker is the only criteria and they are selected for that over multilingual foreigners who can speak the native language of the particular country in addition to english
>>
>>69090784
not that they are all bad, because it sounds like a fun time and must net a few good eggs as well
>>
>>69090784
They also need to "sell" well to clients (parents in cram schools, etc.) and that's mainly a matter of appearance. Many schools in China would sooner hire a non-native Russian than an American black because he fits local expectations about what a native English speaker looks like.

Companies also hire random Eastern Euros to pretend they're "foreign experts" in corporate presentations and sheit. It's pretty funny.
>>
>>69089342
This. I've met some English teachers in my town and some of them seem pretty chill.
>>
>>69090626
what does it mean?
>>
The majority of ESL teachers are disfunctional idiots that can live in the real world.

I used to be one until I realised I was becoming one of them.
>>
my english teacher made a very wide V with his feet when he stood still
he was like a smart penguin
also he took my naruto manga and never gave it back, fuck i bet he liked it
>>
>>69089088
Pretty much yeah
>>
English teachers here in Brazil are edgy as fuck, they're extremely ameriboos.
>>
we had an exchange teacher from england that could barely speak spanish and everyone liked him, simply because he was nice and its rare to see an outsider around here
also my mate's english teacher was a drummer in a local punk band from the area, based as fuck, actually went to one concert of him
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OxarL_r3qCU
>>
>>69098228
We had a qt Spanish assistant in our school, she always rubbed her thigh when I was working with her and she had hairy arms which is a kinky bonus
>>
Isn't the cost of living really cheap in SEA? I just want to be semi-lazy and able to afford a room.
Beer and internet would be nice, but aren't required.
Would becoming an English teacher meet any of that criteria?
Motivating youngsters seems like it would be therapeutic too.
>>
this is becuase your only requisite is lol be a native and they dont know shit about teaching

>>69089088
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.