[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's it like to not be Western? Do you look longingly

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: souk-5.jpg (143KB, 634x421px) Image search: [Google]
souk-5.jpg
143KB, 634x421px
What's it like to not be Western?

Do you look longingly at the West with all its accomplishments and acheivements, technology and wealth, and seethe in anger, or do you believe whatever non-western place you come from will "rise up" and be just as prosperous soon, or is it something else entirely?
>>
>>69054478
>, and seethe in anger, or do you believe whatever non-western place you come from will "rise up" and be just as prosperous soon

secretly the first one, but they pretend like it is the second one

see: ISIS

>fight west
>literally would be fighting with sticks and stones if it wasn't for western technology
>>
>>69054567
That makes sense
>>
its ok
>>
>>69054478

Spain is western but not as successful at all, so maybe i can help.

People is used to the fact that most innovation comes from the US and dont even think about it. I think it never hits them when watching in the news that people in the US, Germany or UK accomplished something, that we never do. They don't realize that people in those countries are normal people just like us and that we can and should do the same things, because most of them don't speak conversational english and don't know anyone from there. Sad tb h.
>>
>>69058340
>people in the US, Germany or UK
>are normal people just like us
>just like us
you wish my moorish friend
>>
>>69058400
His country was a caliphate in the past, and ours look to be one in the future so maybe lay off it, eh?
>>
>>69058400
nice meme

actually the spanish kicked off the moors
>>
>>69054478
All I care is my well-being as a person and getting successful to establish my business and family.

As you live in USA, your ancestors came there looking for a better life, making a new start. It has always been this way through the history, and in 2 generations all your worries related nationalism and other stuff you praise so much will be irrelevant in your new homeland, so it doesn't worth thinking of the "Old World".

And I think no-one would claim their old shit country to be and risen, without a change in this economical system. It is impossible for weaker links to catch up with the rest. The ones doing a success in catching up are giving up their daily lives and do nothing but working&studying, so people are keep fleeing those countries regardless from its getting richer.
>>
>>69054478
i don't really look up or envy western countries, i'm happy with the little I have.

and i don't think my country will ever 'rise up' or be prosperous but who cares
>>
>>69054478
they admire the west, then they are jealous and bitter. hatred starts and they blame the west for keeping them down.
>>
We actually see west as inferiour , I don't know why though it's probably a Turkish thing.
>>
>>69059185
>>69058713

wtf you are part of the western world
>>
>>69059632
argentina is latino and finland is slav so no
>>
It's ok, we don't really think much about it
There's our own problems that we have to solve before trying to become western
>>
File: 1480031448022.jpg (278KB, 1205x827px) Image search: [Google]
1480031448022.jpg
278KB, 1205x827px
>Finland is slav
>>
Sometimes I imagine like "if I was born in different country" but usually people dont care
>>
>>69059632
I am from Turkey.
>>
im-fucking-plying any burger here has even sat in the same room with an actually wealthy or achieved person, let alone done anything of worth in their lives.
>>
>>69058340
>Spain is western but not as successful at all
it's one of the most successful countries in the world
>>
>>69059610
Still sore about my ancestors kicking your kebab ass from Europe?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ottoman%E2%80%93Habsburg_wars
>>
>>69063297
cool out, juan. its just a question
>>
>>69059632
arg. is latino and heavily influenced and based on the amerindian way of life and beliefs.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.