[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

1. Homo sapiens 2. Neanderthals 3. Early hominins

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 13

File: Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.png (77KB, 851x399px) Image search: [Google]
Spreading_homo_sapiens_la.png
77KB, 851x399px
1. Homo sapiens 2. Neanderthals 3. Early hominins
>>
File: Map-of-human-migrations.jpg (274KB, 889x635px) Image search: [Google]
Map-of-human-migrations.jpg
274KB, 889x635px
Map of the migration of modern humans out of Africa, based on mitochondrial DNA. Colored rings indicate thousand years before present.
>>
File: Ruta1.png (36KB, 312x101px) Image search: [Google]
Ruta1.png
36KB, 312x101px
Uhmmm try again sweetie
>>
File: Human_evolution_chart-en.png (45KB, 543x600px) Image search: [Google]
Human_evolution_chart-en.png
45KB, 543x600px
One current view of the temporal and geographical distribution of genus Homo populations. Other interpretations differ mainly in the taxonomy and geographical distribution of hominin species.
>>
File: Toba_zoom.jpg (144KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Toba_zoom.jpg
144KB, 800x600px
The Toba supereruption was a supervolcanic eruption that occurred about 75,000 years ago at the site of present-day Lake Toba (Sumatra, Indonesia). It is one of the Earth's largest known eruptions.

Genetic bottleneck theory
The Toba eruption has been linked to a genetic bottleneck in human evolution about 50,000 years ago, which may have resulted from a severe reduction in the size of the total human population due to the effects of the eruption on the global climate. According to the genetic bottleneck theory, between 50,000 and 100,000 years ago, human populations sharply decreased to 3,000–10,000 surviving individuals. It is supported by genetic evidence suggesting that today's humans are descended from a very small population of between 1,000 and 10,000 breeding pairs that existed about 70,000 years ago.

Migration after Toba
The exact geographic distribution of human populations at the time of the eruption is not known, and surviving populations may have lived in Africa and subsequently migrated to other parts of the world. Analyses of mitochondrial DNA have estimated that the major migration from Africa occurred 60,000–70,000 years ago, consistent with dating of the Toba eruption to around 75,000 years ago.
However, archeological finds in 2007 have suggested that a hominid population, probably modern Homo sapiens, survived in Jwalapuram, Southern India. Moreover, it has also been suggested that nearby hominid populations, such as Homo floresiensis on Flores, survived because they lived upwind of Toba.
>>
But Varg told me that was fake!
>>
File: Tree_of_life_SVG.png (574KB, 1355x1355px) Image search: [Google]
Tree_of_life_SVG.png
574KB, 1355x1355px
A phylogenetic tree of life, showing the relationship between species whose genomes had been sequenced as of 2006. The very center represents the last universal ancestor of all life on earth. The different colors represent the three domains of life: pink represents eukaryota (animals, plants and fungi); blue represents bacteria; and green represents archaea. Note the presence of Homo sapiens (humans) second from the rightmost edge of the pink segment. The light and dark bands along the edge correspond to clades: the rightmost light red band is Metazoa, with dark red Ascomycota to its left, and light blue Firmicutes to its right.
>>
>>69048258
>tfw O2b haplogroup
Do you know your haplogroup man?
>>
You do know /sci/ exists right/???
>>
>>69049051
no, I am VERY new to learning about this stuff...
>>
File: 120_-_benis.jpg (38KB, 600x510px) Image search: [Google]
120_-_benis.jpg
38KB, 600x510px
>>69048258
homo :DDDDD
>>
File: Gigantopithecus_v_human_v1.svg.png (89KB, 1024x636px) Image search: [Google]
Gigantopithecus_v_human_v1.svg.png
89KB, 1024x636px
>>69048622
At least this guys died before..
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigantopithecus
>>
>>69048622
I have studied pre civilization human migrations but never correlated it with the Toba supereruption.

Thanks for the info opie.
>>
>>69049157
would not want to upset one of those guys...a shame i'll never know what one looked like.
>>69049207
np
>>
>>69048314
I read recently they found some Abo admixture in Huezil

>>69048258
It's not as straightforward as that map would make it appear.

"The analyses show that Native Americans carry about one-third European genes and two-thirds East Asian."

http://sciencenordic.com/dna-links-native-americans-europeans
>>
File: giorgios.jpg (113KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
giorgios.jpg
113KB, 960x720px
>>69049269
Maybe they're related to all the bigfoot, yeti, etc myths, the descriptions are pretty similar around the world.
>>
>>69049275
this is interesting and I'm enjoying the read thanks anon
>>
>>
missing denisovan there
>>
File: 33469286.jpg (67KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
33469286.jpg
67KB, 500x500px
>>69050290
>>69049103
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.