[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why was the Ottman Empire unable to produce something like the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: Turkey_Political.jpg (388KB, 1600x1122px)
Turkey_Political.jpg
388KB, 1600x1122px
Why was the Ottman Empire unable to produce something like the renaissance? Even though it had the Greeks?
>>
>>69026987
All the greeks with brains went to Italy.
>>
>>69026987
They didn't feel the need to. The age of exploration began specifically because the ottomans cut off access to India anyways. In the 16th century and ottoman engineer created a steam turbine which could've been used to create an engine followed by a train but instead
they just used it to grill lamb evenly.
>>
>>69026987
Because turks are a lesser race compared to any of the white peoples.

They know how to maintain societies once they're thaught how to and are semi competent in military matters. That's about it.
>>
>>69027208
laughingelfman.jpg
>>
File: 1482591944642.gif (4MB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
1482591944642.gif
4MB, 800x800px
>>69027404
I gotcha covered
>>
File: IMG_20161219_172931.jpg (17KB, 293x416px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161219_172931.jpg
17KB, 293x416px
>>69027353
>semi-competent

I don't like roaches but they ruled over eastern europe for atleast 300 years despite a lot of european military coalitions.
>>
>>69026987
>Even though it had the Greeks
why isnt the EU flourishing even though we have greece?
>>
>>69027208
i swear this is the story of turks. they cant see the oputunities.
>>
>be mighty ottoman empire
>expand until you control the balkans
>turn to shit and collapse

>be mighty european union
>expand until you control the balkans
>turn to shit and collapse

I blame the balkans.
>>
>>69028516
this
>>
>>69028397
But it is.
>>
>>69026987
>Why was the Ottman Empire unable to produce something like the renaissance?
It had Greeks.
>>
>>69026987

I think Islam is against drawing real things (only abstract geometric stuff is fine), and against music too.
>>
>>69030068
Thats wahhabism not Islam. Do you want me to post all the mineatures about military campaings,sultan portraits and ottoman music?
>>
>>69031104
yes. post them all
>>
>>69026987
Good question. I guess it was because the asian half of the empire was sparsely populated and its inhabitants considered everything fun or profitable haram, and the european side was way too politically unstable. I dunno about Anatolia, maybe the upper class didn't have enough capital to comission anything?
>>
>>69031263
thanks for your answer, 14 memes and one answer, not bad
>>
>>69032021
This anon was telling the truth too
>>69027208
>>
>>69026987
We had Tanzimat but is wasn't as effective.And multi-culturalism didn't help either.We should've assimilated balkans and arabs.We didn't , so they've just worked for themselves rather than the empire.
>>
Reminder that the only reason Europe overtook the Ottoman empire is because they stole gold from the Americas.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.