[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>1. your cunt >2. your opinion on this I have this theory

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: 1482246091216.jpg (66KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1482246091216.jpg
66KB, 500x379px
>1. your cunt
>2. your opinion on this
I have this theory which I can't really back up with real science but I think it's pretty legit.

I think that we, as humans evolved to develop our own language and we can take other languages but we can never master them like natives can. An African dude born and raised in the West will never speak as English as well as a top-tier English speaker like me can the same way I'll never speak Japanese as well as a native Jap literary genius.

Thoughts?
>>
>>69010063
>I have this theory
>which I can't really back up with real science
>>
>>69010261
This is just a baseless theory. I'm looking into all the sciences about it for hardlining proof.
>>
>>69010063
I don't understand your point. How does it connect with the pyramids?

My guess is that people everywhere have similar nature and for example that's why every early civilization had a need for a religion. Also if you wanted to build a building that would touch the sky (without proper tech) you needed to build it in a pyramid shape for it to be able to bear all the stress.
>>
File: Creeks_in_Oklahoma.png (58KB, 300x248px) Image search: [Google]
Creeks_in_Oklahoma.png
58KB, 300x248px
>>69010063
Human physiology effects people's voices, but language is entirely memeitic.

You're right that your theory is baseless, because it's completely untrue.

Perhaps blacks will have deeper voices, or east-asians will have more high-pitched voices, because blacks tend to be taller and stockier and east-asians tend to be shorter and leaner, but if you raised them among a Cherokee tribe, they would both learn Cherokee and be fluent in it.

Pic related are the Cherokee elders of Oklahoma. This isn't really about the above point, it's just an interesting picture.
>>
>>69010063
Similar cultural progression of human civilization.

>Pyramids
An easy way to stack stones to make stable early buildings

>3 doors
Large one for the head of the household (father), and two other for the child and the mother.
Or it could just be aesthetically pleasing, who knows.
>>
File: 1482345206090.jpg (27KB, 370x229px) Image search: [Google]
1482345206090.jpg
27KB, 370x229px
>>69010063
This may be the stupidest thing I have ever read.
>>
>>69010063

Pretty shitty theory m8. I'm African by ethnicity and I reckon I speak english pretty fine desu.
>>
So, you're saying, we can't understand what they did write? Is that your theory or there's something I'm missing?

>>69010832
>My guess is that people everywhere have similar nature and for example that's why every early civilization had a need for a religion
You took the words from my fingers.
>>
File: Vladimir_Nabokov_1969b.jpg (443KB, 678x966px) Image search: [Google]
Vladimir_Nabokov_1969b.jpg
443KB, 678x966px
>two of the very best english prose writers were Russian and Polish
>>
>>69010063
What the hell are you talking about?
Do you honestly believe that ethnicity has anything to do with language acquisition?
>>
I don't think this is true. If you break down learning a language you can look at it as adding additional words to your vocabulary consisting of all words you know from all languages and adding additional rules to all of the grammatical rules you know. After that its just a matter of memorization. Grammar relies on logic and is fairly intuitive across all languages. Theres no mystic quality to language.
>>
>>69012045
I remember I saw a comment along the lines of "The foreigners are already taking over our language. Can't they just leave our language alone." on a video about historically accurate pronunciation in Shakespeare, because the actor was black (with no foreign accent).

You don't want darkies studying your great, great, great, great (...) grandfather's Germanic yeoman-speak. It's not like darkies can speak English correctly anyway. It would be like me speaking ching-chong nip-nong. /s
>>
>>69012159
this post is so thick with irony I cant tell what the /s changes the meaning to
>>
>>69011998
There both European. I mean non-IndoEuropean languages and people.
>>
>>69010063
Not really.

A chinese born and raised in the USA will be speaking English just like your average American. Same for blacks raised in Germany or France. etc., etc.
>>
>>69012291
>Thinks he can speak English better than anyone who isn't native
>Uses wrong "there"
>>
>>69010063
>as English as
( ͡° ل͜ ͡°)
>>
>>69012547
Kek.
We also have plenty of african writers, so his theorybis invalid. Language is not related to genetics -or not as much as he says- because It's a slipping, very changing huma practice that evolves independantly from evolution.
Btw all sort of theories implying generics to justify a cultural habit is retarded, our modern culture is not related to instinct of genetics.
>>
>>69010063
Modern racial anthropology claims, that all races and populations on the planet have the same mental capacity in general, there is only individual variability. So even a Tasmanian aboriginal should be able to learn the same that other people if put in appropriate environment from birth. I think africans speak english other way than whities because they live in ghettos, communities etc
>>
File: 7500_years_old_ukr_civilization.jpg (32KB, 334x395px) Image search: [Google]
7500_years_old_ukr_civilization.jpg
32KB, 334x395px
ancient ukranians build that
>>
>>69010063
you're entirely capable of learning absolutely perfect Japanese

its just a lot of work
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.