[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/int/, what is your favorite period in history? (Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: historical periods.jpg (31KB, 638x359px) Image search: [Google]
historical periods.jpg
31KB, 638x359px
/int/, what is your favorite period in history? (Pic related but it is definitely oversimplified)

Mine is probably the period of time between the Fall of the Western Roman Empire (end of the antiquity era) and the rise of feudalism in Europe. So much wacky stuff happened in this time including Germans being literally everywhere.
>>
Prehistory and early antiquity, mostly because of the mystery that surrounds it
>>
>>68762054

That's also a cool time. I would love to go back in time and see some of the now-ruined ancient cities of then such as Babylon, Akkad, Thebes, etc..
>>
presen day desu
maybe 1700's- before the industrial revolution for an aesthetically view of the average lifestyle during the time but I'd get discriminated against pretty badly and I probably won't live where I want to, so present day
>>
>>68762210
discriminated how exactly?
>>
>>68762309
I'm female so I would be considered subhuman in both parts of the world east and west. My ethnicity is 100% Korean so I'd really only fit in east Asia and even then, I can't speak the language that well and the chances of me living a decent life is slim. I've watched enough k-dramas to know your only chance to live (what I would consider) a somewhat stress free life is to seduce the king or a high ranking noble and make babies. I prefer the present day in the US for general living purposes but it is fun to look at the past with rose colored glasses
>>
File: doggerland.jpg (615KB, 1962x2005px) Image search: [Google]
doggerland.jpg
615KB, 1962x2005px
>>68762054
Same.

I'm probably most fascinated by all the ice-age shit that was swallowed up by water after the polar caps melted.

I'm really curious about how far advanced they were (though I doubt very much), and if it was just a gradual rise in water level so they just slowly moved inland, or if something like what happened in north america happened where huge water reserves suddenly broke free causing major flooding and destruction, which would have pushed their cultur/knowledge/technology back, and how they recovered.. and how the stories of either/both of these were passed down.
Also how different groups migrated around and intermingled.

Just all that shit really. I regret not going to school for history.
>>
>>68762031
Classical Antiquity.
>>
1800s.

Empire building seems fun.
>>
>>68763189

>canadian

found the pro-british commonwealth imperialist
>>
Early antiquity, middle ages, and then the late modern era (1910-1969)
>>
I don't know. I only lived during the Modern Age, you know.

Seriously now, I love reading about the Middle Ages, even if it sucked in many ways.
>>
Prehistory and the Middle Ages

Prehistory: Fun to speculate about ancient kangz and shiat and domestication of animals and all that cool stuff

Middle ages: they're fucking weird
>>
>>68762693
Stop roleplaying a chinese girl dude
>>
The whole middle-eastern history before Islam tbqh.

I wonder how they would do if Islam mever happened.
>>
The 90's and the 00's
>>
>>68762031
antiquity
>>
>>68762031
prehistory
maybe finally I can meet the Giants
>>
>>68762031
>>>/his/
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.