[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are there people of your family who fight in a war ? My grandfather

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 32

File: guerre d'algeried.jpg (106KB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
guerre d'algeried.jpg
106KB, 800x450px
Are there people of your family who fight in a war ?
My grandfather did Algerian war
>>
I fought in the great 4chan war
>>
My great great grandfather died in ww1 - apart from that, no.
>>
>>68696668
No, at least nobody that's still alive.
>>
>>68696668
Several ancestors fought in the Great Emu War
>>
>>68696757
t.Smug Emu
>>
>>68696728
My great grandfather also did ww1 from 1914 to 1916, then he was imprisoned by the germans, and spend the rest of the war working in a german farm.
>>
testing
>>
>>68696668
my great grandfather died in a concentration camp. some dirty jew gave him a disease when he was on guard duty.
>>
Granpa was in the Waffen SS,he lost his arm when a artillery shell exploded nearby and was sent home.Did some signal intelligence work later when soviets attacked with full force in 1944 for finnish army.
>>
neither of my granddads did.
one joined voluntarily to the army before the conscription started so that he wasn't sent to the battlefield.
another was simply an elite student so he was placed on a mainland.
>>
My grandfather's half brother/cousin (not sure which) was infantry in the Korean War.

My grandfather himself was in the army during the Vietnam War, but he wasn't deployed - he was an instructor in an armor (tank) outfit.
>>
>>68696792
My grandfather did the same during WWII.
He had a polish gf, there
>>
Grandfather was a nazi
Great Grandfather shot nazis
>>
>>68696957
I hope your great grandfather was at least a based nationalist and not some dirty tolerant commie.
>>
File: SDC10212.jpg (3MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
SDC10212.jpg
3MB, 4000x3000px
Great grandfather fought in ww1 - don't know much about him

Grandfather fought in WW2 against Rommel in North Africa and then Italy - he actually got invited to have dinner with the queen with other veterans a few years back at Buckingham Palace, but refused to go. RIP
>>
>>68696668
What a coincidence, mine too.

He dropped french pigs like flies, and bombed their roads.
>>
>>68696668
My father's elder brother was kanikaze pilot and am proud of it,
>>
Grandfather fought in WW2. He was 16 when he was drafted and the war was almost over so he didn't do much.
>>
>>68696728
>>68696811
>>68696824
Deserved it 2bh
>>
>>68697017
>french pigs
>french flag

Uav2gbkmuspig
>>
my father was a peacekeeper in cyprus for 2 years,69-71 it was peaceful,they mainly kept the local farmers driving their livestock to the minefields,it was common,because un cucks would pay for compensation for those sheeps/pigs/goats 50x their actual value
>>
my grandfathers from both sides were in ww2 and my mothers brother has been a peacekeeper. Now he is an edgy cliche veteran who yells at everyone
>>
>Great Granda was in the Royal Artillery during the battle of France
>great granduncle died during the battle of the Barents Sea
>Another great granduncle died evacuating Crete
>another great grand uncle was in the army during the war but I don't know anything about him
>great great granda was at the Somme alongside a number of my great great granduncles
>>
File: algerian war casualties.png (11KB, 324x241px) Image search: [Google]
algerian war casualties.png
11KB, 324x241px
>>68697017
Whatever you said mohamed
>>
>>68697170
Algerian subhumans killing civilians

Fucking de gaulle
>>
>>68697208
They don't know how to fight against soldiers so they just kill civilians or their compatriots.
>>
>>68697279
Hell, harkis didn't deserve that.
>>
>>68696668
My grandma's cousin bombed the shit out of the servile pseudo-race in his Wellington bomber during WW2
>>
My grandfather had two brothers. Ony guy was in the reserve police force and sat in prison during WW2 because he refused to take orders from the germans. The other guy worked for the resistance and I know very little about it, he had to escape to Sweden to not get captured. Since my grandfather was too young to join the military, he didn't join until the war was over and was part of a peacekeeping force in Berlin after the war.
>>
Great-grandfather fought in 1920 war against commies. Got wounded near Grodno
>>
my great great great grandfather died for Britain in ww1
>>
>>68697312
>he unironically called harkis "their compatriots"
heh, stay classy

Harki death toll was higher because french, cowards as they are, hide in the big cities and sent harkis in dangerous remote villages

Should've been la fausse commune ou le cercueil
>>
File: 1417808308244.jpg (29KB, 348x383px) Image search: [Google]
1417808308244.jpg
29KB, 348x383px
>>68698351
>>
My grandpa was in Hlinka Guard and fought against Partisans
>>
>>68696668
did he raped some algerian qts?
i've heard that rapes were really common
>>
>>68696668
My great grandfather raided USA along with Pancho villa when he was 13
>>
My great great grandfather in the WWI, he was one of the 18 years old used in the battle of the Piave river and at Vittorio Veneto
>>
Grandfather was in a resistance movement during WW2.
>>
>>68698580
He never talk about the war, so I don't know
>>
>>68696668
Father was in the Air Force during the Vietnam war, but remained stateside.
>>
>>68698516
1/Go back to Algayria
2/"fausse" => are you even trying?
>>
>>68696984
He was a
>brazillian soldier
>>
Did you people actually talk to your grandparents or something? All of mine were dead by the time I turned 10.
>>
Grandpa fought in the civil war.
>>
1st WW, 2nd WW, Afghanistan, 1st Chechnya and Syrian civil war
>>
>>68696668
ww1
ww2
Falklands thats all that I know about could be more
>>
File: flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg (137KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
flat,800x800,075,f.u1.jpg
137KB, 800x800px
fun fact all my male ancestors from 1800 to 1950 died in wars
>>
>>68704299
so i'm next
>>
File: o58ht75occkx.png (65KB, 728x2518px) Image search: [Google]
o58ht75occkx.png
65KB, 728x2518px
My grandfather fought in the Football War against Honduras. He died in 2013 and I didn't find out he was in the army until earlier this year. I wish I had the chance to ask him for some stories before he died. I also had some uncles who fought in the Salvadoran civil war, on both sides.
>>
>>68704299
The most Russian post ever
>>
great grandpa fought in the rif war
>>
One of my great-granduncles was deployed to Cuba in 1898.
>>
>>68696668
great grand dad did ww2, grandpappy did korea, all my uncles did nam and a few did iraq. apparently it goes back all the way to the revolution according to my family. but this is doubtful since we immigrated here in the 20's. i'm not even sure i buy us fighting in wwii, at least not on the US side.
>>
>born early enough to fight in WW1
>but not early enough to be too old to fight in WW2
My great grandfather fought in both wars. Poor guy.
>>
>>68696668
>Maternal Grandfather
WW2 tank driver and then commander under Patton from N.Africa until the end with three bronze stars. Trained tank crews during the Korean War.
>Paternal Grandfather
Bomber pilot in WW2 but airwar in Europe died down by the time he was done with training. Worked on some experimental radar stuff and ran a aircorp machinist school.
>Father
Vietnam Era Navy. Stationed on an aircraft carrier but never was anywhere near Vietnam.
>Cousin's Husband
Officer and Black Hawk pilot in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>Different Cousin
Marine who served in combat in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>
>>68696668

>Mom's side

Great grandfather was in the Army. Fought in WW2 on both fronts and Korea. Spent time stationed in both Germany and Korea, as well as all over the U.S. There's a family rivalry over some of his war trophies.

Grandpa got drafted for Vietnam, but he didn't have a brother do they stuck him in the National Guard. The National Guard's tradition of not doing shit continued throughout his life as a bum.

>Dad's side

Great Uncle fought in Vietnam and was airborne in the Army. Had flashbacks for years, especially while skydiving, which was a bit of a problem because he ran a small skydiving business. Also gave a training rifle to my Dad to use as a toy. He still has it.

Great Great Uncle fought for Italy in WW2, not sure if it was when they were allies with Germany or not though.

>Me
In the Army as a MP. Mom hates it because her Grandpa (the one that fought in WW2 and Korea) tried to make sure nobody in the family ever joined the military again.
>>
granpa dindu nouffin
>>
Grandpa on mother's side: fought in the pacific during ww2. Was on an aircraft carrier as an airplane mechanic. Only saw minimal combat as such. Hung around the Philippines for almost the whole war.

Grandpa on father's side: was too young for ww2 but joined up after the war and was part of the American occupation of Germany for a bit.

All I know. None too exciting.
>>
>>68696706
the meme war of 2012 or 2016?
>>
>>68697064
t. butthurt radek
>>
>>68704885
surely he refers to the boxxy wars of 2008
>>
>>68697208
>>68697279
Thats why everybody likes french (not)
>>
I fought the law
>>
My Polish great-grandfather was killed by Cosacks at some time during the interwar, I believe. Grandfather got shot whilst fighting somewhere in Europe. He died from pneumonia in 1999.
>>
>>68704855
made me chuckle. god bless you soul anon
>>
>>68705047
pic related
>>
>>68705036
and the law won
>>
>>68696668
Great-great grandfather fought in Belgium during WWI and both my dad and uncle were conscripted for Vietnam. That's about it, maybe further back there was some others
>>
My family had a rather extensive history serving as science officers in the Air Force and Navy. I plan on going into the Air Force for my Masters when I'm like 32 or something to become a Lieutenant.

Nobody's been a soldier though, as terrible as this sounds just giving our bodies for this country is rather foolish. You can do quite a bit more developing technology.
>>
File: 1468037239200.png (910KB, 972x1226px) Image search: [Google]
1468037239200.png
910KB, 972x1226px
>>68696668
Grandfather fought in the Colonial War, never really talked about it
>>
>>68697051
Fuck you
>>
File: division250-azul.jpg (144KB, 791x792px) Image search: [Google]
division250-azul.jpg
144KB, 791x792px
>>68696668
One in the Rif war
Another was part of the Blue Division
>>
>>68696668
2 of my grandmother's borthers died in the early days of WW2
it's not really WW2, but my grandfathers was affected to a military occupation camp in Germany in WW2 aftermath
>>
File: 1474807617220.png (13KB, 633x695px) Image search: [Google]
1474807617220.png
13KB, 633x695px
>>68696668
my grandfathers' father fought in wwII in Russia, he was sent to a gulag, and at the end of the war, together with an hungarian and austrian soldier he was captured with, walked all the way back home.
He was in the Alpini Julia division
>>
File: 1454688376800.jpg (729KB, 1701x2005px) Image search: [Google]
1454688376800.jpg
729KB, 1701x2005px
My father's family has a strong military tradition, and it's an old noble family, with autistically precise records of family history up to the 11th century. They pretty much participated in every single conflict since France is a thing. The family castle was first built by a guy from a minor branch of a local noble family with wealth brought back from the crusades. Our name is even on the Arc de Triomphe.

Closer to me, my grandpa was in the army in the Second World War, then joined the Free French Forces. His father was a cuirassier during WW1, before they realised charging on horse at machine guns isn't a great idea. He was lucky though, his horse was shot under him and destroyed one of his legs, but acted as shield. He stayed under it a full day, but somehow made a full recovery and went back to the front a few months later. He died during WW2, though, volunteered to be taken as hostage, died in a camp of typhus.

On the other side of the family, I know a lot of less. My grandpa might have fought during the Spanish Civil War, but we know for sure that once he arrived in France he was in the Resistance. My grandma's brother died during WW2. Her father of course fought in WW1, and did well, got field promoted and awarded some medals.

We used to have consciption anyway, so I'd imagine most of my ancestors participated in the big wars of their day.
>>
>>68696668
One of my grandpas fought in the Portuguese colonial wars in Africa.
>>
one of my ancestors fought for the confederates but he lived in ny and i don't think he saw any action. im not sure exactly how it worked but apparently we belonged to some weird confederate enclave in upstate ny. i know we used to try to catch slaves and bring them up through canada to return them but i don't think we were ever actually successful.

i know a lot of us were pro nazi too.
>>
>>68705309
Do you know roughly where he was posted? I heard you guys did pretty well in the war up until the Carnation Revolution.
>>68705944
Know anything about where he was posted? Reason I ask is because I have a bit of an interest in the various African Bush wars, some fascinating shit.
>>68696668
Great-Grandfather and all his brothers save one (who would later serve in Korea) served in WW2, three in the air force one in the army. Great-Grandfather was a bombardier and kept rather detailed records of the targets he hit in mainland Europe. Never got to speak to him much about the war since he died 11 years ago. Apparently was regarded as very lucky since he flew an assload of sorties but aside from some flak his bomber was never intercepted by fighters. One of his brothers wasn't as lucky and got shot down twice.
>>
Grandpa was in ww2

Uncle was in Vietnam
>>
>>68706267
i thought the air force didn't exist as a seperate branch until aftter wwii? was it founded during?
>>
File: utahbeach.jpg (930KB, 3567x2402px) Image search: [Google]
utahbeach.jpg
930KB, 3567x2402px
Grandpa on dad's side fought in the 9th ID for thE US in WWII. Saw action in N. Africa, landed at Utah Beach, and his unit got nearly wiped out at the Battle of the Bulge in the Huertgen Forest. He said he was the only senior NCO that made it from his company out of Huertgen. Grandpa on mom's side was a logistics/truck/ambulance driver in the rear and wasn't in combat. He was a career military man, though. Retired as a CSM with tours in Europe, Korea, Vietnam, and Germany.
>>
>>68706226
true patriots.
>>
Two great uncles in world war 2.
>>
great grandfather died on D-Day
>>
>>68706313
I'm guessing he meant they were in its predecessor, which was called the United States Army Air Forces.
It's acceptable to just shorten it down to Air Force when talking about WW2 I guess considering that was the only war it existed for.
Before ww2 it was the Air Corps and afterwards the Air Force obviously became a separate branch.
>>
>>68706313
Was simplifying it a bit, great-grandfather and two brothers were in the Army Air Force. Great Grandfather was in the 8th for the duration of his service, can't remember about his brothers. One served in the Pacific at first and got the silver star for a bombing raid on Rabaul, the other was the one who was shot down twice. First time he managed to escape with the help of Yugoslav partisans and the British OSS, second time he got sent to Stalag Luft III, a few months after the whole Great Escape happened. According to him they were going to try again when the Germans started moving them around to other camps as the allies started advancing. Eventually advance elements of Patton's army got to them. Final brother who was in WW2 who wasn't in the air force participated in the Battle of the Bulge (described it largely as being constantly moving backwards, then forwards) until he got wounded in the arm by arty taking one of the bridges on the Rhine.
>>68706317
>Huertgen
People often forget about that one, but that was some pretty heavy shit. Your grandpa must've been one tough bastard.
>>
My grandfather was a fighter pilot in WW 2 and Korea. His brother died at Monte Cassino. My brother fought in Iraq and Afghanistan.
>>
>>68705917
>>68706226
Well if we count shit as far back as the Civil War and the Crusades I >>68704765 had two family members who fought for the Confederates as cavalry raiders (they were brothers who later turned to crime). One of them was involved in the raid on Lawrence.

Also had a family member who was a general in the American Revolution, for America of course. But this also means he fought for the British for quite a while before the revolution.

All on my mom's side. But obviously all so long ago it doesn't really matter.
>>
>all of these Americans in war

Warlike people it seems. Spineless Euros.
>>
File: huertgen.jpg (123KB, 736x527px) Image search: [Google]
huertgen.jpg
123KB, 736x527px
>>68706488

yeah he was. he said huertgen messed him up more than any other of his campaigns. he lost nearly all of his friends and told my dad and his siblings that they had to literally hug the trees to stay alive. the germans set their artillery shells to explode over the canopy so the units died from tree shrapnel and shit. he also said it was the coldest he's ever been (and he's from michigan mind you, he knows cold) and that his piss froze before it hit the ground. the battle of the bulge gets all the attention, but the americans got absolutely slaughtered in huertgen. his company had only 15-20 guys make it out alive after that.

my grandpa was a larger than life kind of guy. his war experience was really something else and he never talked about it, so you know it was legit. after huertgen, his unit freed a concentration camp which also really messed him up. and he even got to shake hands with the russians on the river elbe in dessau at the end of the war.
>>
>>68705001
*says hello in Turkish*
>>
>>68706267
He was a paratrooper in Mozambique, don't know more than this
>>
My Aragonese grandfather killed Communists during the Spanish Civil War. My Andalusian great-grandfather died at the hands of the Falagists, he was an anarchist syndicalist.
>>
>>68705917
>volunteered to be taken as hostage
He surrendered?
>>
>>68706624
Well we have had within the past 1-200 years several engagements where we either had mass call-ups or mass volunteers, therefore it stands to reason that if/when these soldiers had families there's going to be a lot of descendants who can say that their uncle/grandfather/father/etc. served in some capacity.
>>68706633
Shit, glad he was still around to relay his experiences to someone. I always feel the urge (even if I realize its probably rude) to ask older vets from WW2/Korea (and Nam too since they're getting older) about their experiences for the simple fact that there's less of them around. Only family member I had who went through heavy ground combat was a distantly related grand-uncle who served in Korea and saw some heavy shit there. Met him at a family reunion, where he spoke more about the hijinks and other somewhat upbeat stuff that he experienced. Then I met his son who told me that in private he sometimes talks about the fact that his dad was one of the older guys in his company (he was about 23-24 in Korea, most guys were a few years younger) and how a lot of his buddies didn't make it out. Also told me that he served alongside a unit of Turks and described them as "absolutely crazy bastards" who preferred to engage the reds with bayonets and long knives.
>>
>>68706722
>Paratrooper
Shit, the guy probably operated pretty hard. I haven't read much on the subject but from what I can recall Portuguese paratroopers were usually regarded as among the most professional of the forces stationed in the colonies. How is the war remembered in Portugal today?
>>
File: Trophy2.jpg (436KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Trophy2.jpg
436KB, 1440x2560px
My Grandfather and great uncle both fought in WW2. Grandfather in Europe and uncle in Pacific
>>
>>68706226
and now you are reaping what your ancestors sow
>>
>>68705458
>Rif
mine did as well but he was of the rif
>>
>>68706885
>we should blame people for what their ancestors did

if we did this the whole species would be split down the middle over that time ogg killed groog for eating his quail egg
>>
>>68706819

yeah. my grandad isn't around anymore but ive heard all of the stories from my dad and his siblings. we've traced his entire route through N Africa and Europe with the 9th. his unit liberated one of the nordhausen satellite camps and we found some pictures he took there. he worked in credit unions and banks after the war and wasn't particularly fond of sons of abraham, but always said that there's no fucking reason to ever treat someone like that (in the camps). ironically, he punched a german lieutenant and took his luger, which is willed to me from my dad. and he also had his own cool story- at utah beach, he kept his ring finger on his right hand because his St. John's Military Academy high school ring ricocheted a bullet off it.
>>
File: 1481005641137.jpg (288KB, 1536x983px) Image search: [Google]
1481005641137.jpg
288KB, 1536x983px
>>68706871
I'd say it's not remembered at all. Theres monuments making a tribute to soldiers but that's about it. It's not because it's seen as a dark moment in our history or anything, we just moved on
>>
>>68706970
groog do nothing wrong. if quail egg sit on ground it is family egg.
>>
Grandfather was in a Japanse warcamp. Fucked him up and his family. He told me the koreans were the worst though. Fucking sub humans the lot of em.
>>
>>68706970
Individual people would be split in half over the fact that their Viking Ancestor killed all the men that one of their ancestors lived in (therefore killing at least one of their ancestors) and then proceeded to rape all the women (therefore raping another one of their ancestors)
People would have to kill themselves
>>
>>68707001
Great stuff. Unfortunately I don't have the time to respond as I'd like since I'm supposed to be working on shit right now but thanks for sharing your grandfather's story with me. May he rest in peace.
>>68707030
That's a damn shame.
>>
>>68707038
Ogg did nothing wrong, the egg was clearly his property! It sat about a stone throw and a half from the cave painting that his ape father painted, which he slept under.
It was nearer his sleeping space than Groog's
>>
>>68707163

ogg lives matter
>>
Great grandfather fled Europe just before ww2 then joined the US army to fight the nazis
>>
>>68707163
your people paint untrue histories. the egg sat outside cave. outside cave is family property. would you kill brother for warming next to family fire? what if he cover with family skin?
>>
>>68707284
>the egg sat outside cave
No outside. At entrance to cave. At entrance to keep cold because winter. Cave warmed by fire, egg go bad in cave.

>would you kill brother for warming next to family fire?
Not family egg. Ogg egg. Smoke signaled that it his breakfast

>Family skin
No thing as family skin. Skin is to man that put beast into next life.

You Groogs no brother to Oggs. We put you to next life and make concubines of daughters.
>>
on my maternal side, my great-grandfather was a pilot for the brazilian expeditionary force in italy during WWII,
on my paternal side, my great-grandfather was a civilian conscript in okinawa, where he died before he could see my grandfather birth
>>
>>68706958
>he was of the rif
>Dutch flag
Checks out.
>>
>>68707235
all lives matter. except the ones on the other side of the mountain. how they cross mountain? they are magic and we need to eat their brains or else we will not be magic.
>>
>>68696668
My great grandfather fought in the civil war and later in the 2nd world war, in the eastern front.
>>
File: 1462288655446.png (21KB, 200x194px) Image search: [Google]
1462288655446.png
21KB, 200x194px
Both great grandfathers died in Gallipoli.
>>
>>68696668
two uncles fought in Vietnam

Dads dad fought in WW2

Moms dad was stationed in a tank unit in Berlin during the Korean war

Two great grandpa's and a bunch of great uncles fought in ww1

Dad says he fought in the "crack wars", which is a joke I guess
>>
File: 1481602612154.png (29KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
1481602612154.png
29KB, 657x527px
>tfw family didnt participate in wars
>>
great grandpa fought in ww1, battle of la lys

grandpa fought in the colonial war in angola
>>
Related to this Confederate marine engineer:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horace_Lawson_Hunley

as well as General Lee, but also had family on both sides of the Civil War and family members fighting in most American wars from the Revolution onward.
>>
grandfather was in indochina

when he came back he couldn't even see rice without entering full rage mode

he never talked much about the war, all i know is that he killed many people, enemies were hiding in holes in the ground with leafs over it and they (grandfather & co) usually throwed grenade in it then run away
>>
>>68710436
this makes me think about something
what are American ww2 vets opinions around weeaboos? they must be disappointed
>>
no

my grandad was an inhibited high iq college prof.

fighting wars is for low iq patriotcucks
>>
>>68704240
Which side coño?
>>
my grandapa fought in the korea war as a worst korea soldier
>>
My distant cousin died in the Iran-Iraq war on the Iranian side. He got literraly BTFO when he was in a human wave and stepped on a landmine. Fun fact: landmimes suck
>>
>>68696668
>My grandfather did Algerian war
and lost, business as usual
>>
>>68696668
As far as I know.

Grandpa No1: Tank commander in Russia
Grandpa No2: Pioneer in Greece
Grand-Grandpa No1: Sarajevo
Grand-Grandpa No2: No idea
>>
>>68697011
>but refused to go. RIP
why?
>>
>>68696668
My grandfather also did the Algerian war, and my great grand father WW1 and WW2
>>
>>68697017

My grand father tortured and raped your people subhuman shitskins he also redpuilled everyone of our family about you shtiskin filth
>>
>>68709867
t. Swedish-American
>>
>>68697017
Kek
>>
great-grandpa №1: served at navy during ww2, made it alive, but injured(his ship was blown up).
great-grandma, his wife: medic at ww2(don't know if ot counts).
his brother: died during ww2. Hasn't been found where and how yet.
great-grandpa.
great-grandpa №2: just like the brother of great-grandpa №1.
That's all I know.
>>
>>68712148
Forget to say. All of them made it back alive
>>
>>68704299
Russia.
>>
>>68696668
my grandpa was forced to fight in the ww2 against the Germans and than in the 50s he participated in the short independence war against the French
>>
>>68711805
Republicans.
>>
Granddad fought in indonesian war of independence
>>
>>68696668

only ones i know are my grandma's cousin, died in continuation war at age of 20, my dad's uncle, also 20 when he died in continuation war and my grandma's uncle, he fought in German army during ww1, in finnish civil war and in winter war.
>>
>>68696792
Same
>>
>>68696668
My Câpan/great-grandfather on Moms side fought in the Netherlands and France in Caen 1944-1945.
Passed away in 2004
>pic related

My uncle on my Dads side did two tours in Iraq as a transport machinegunner in the USMC. He's pretty fucked up now
>>
File: 1479640829707.png (41KB, 906x573px) Image search: [Google]
1479640829707.png
41KB, 906x573px
Great-grandfather fought in Caucasia and Iraq. Died in Yemen.

Grandfathers father was artillery officer in Korean War. Saw combat but was not on frontline.

Grandfather was communication officer in Cyprus. Never saw combat,was at backfront busy with telegraphs.

Father served in army as Genderme Cpt. in diyarbakir. Been on alot of operations just in 1.5 years. Actually fell of a hill once and had temporary injury :D He tells me stories time to time.
>>
File: IMG_7144.jpg (79KB, 640x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7144.jpg
79KB, 640x633px
>>68713712
God dammit
Forgot pic
>>
My dad fought in the war against the Croats and was mobilized during the 1999 bombing.
>>
My father fought in the colonial war.
>>
My dad fought in the Vietnam war as a South Vietnamese soldier. Because he served time in the "reeducation" camps, my family was able to come here.
>>
>>68696668
my grandfather fought in the mexican revolution at that time he was only a kid
>>
Both my grandfathers were in the old IRA (not the shitty terrorist one)
>>
>>68696668
Uncle fought in Vietnam
>>
I don't know who, but one of my ancerstors fought anally assaulted Paraguay and some guy from my hometown had an Officer's Sword so that's cool
>>
>>68696668
Both grandfathers served in the war. One in France and the other in PNG.
>>
>>68696668
>Are there people of your family who fight in a war ?

Most of them fought in a war. My great-great-grandfather in WW1, great-grandfather in WW2, grandfather in Afghan war, dad in Chechen war.
>>
my great grandfather got half his hand blown off by a german bomb in ww2
>>
>>68696668
I fought in the Meme War as a volunteer.

And still am.
>>
>>68716500
Did any of them die?
>>
File: IMG_0237.gif (348KB, 350x233px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0237.gif
348KB, 350x233px
>>68706958
>>
>>68697051
My uncle was also Kamikaze
>>
File: meme war.png (10KB, 456x156px) Image search: [Google]
meme war.png
10KB, 456x156px
>>68716623
>Fought in the meme war
how old are you lmao
>>
File: 9999999999999.png (787KB, 880x1152px) Image search: [Google]
9999999999999.png
787KB, 880x1152px
Never forget
>>
>>68716796

Yes, dad has died in 1995, several months after I was born.
>>
File: 1415050991672.jpg (8KB, 189x250px) Image search: [Google]
1415050991672.jpg
8KB, 189x250px
>>68719409
Sorry for your loss Rusbro
>>
>>68713297
Disgusting.
>>
>>68719528
Ceci
La république tombe
Vive le roi ou l'empereur dw france pêh
>>
>>68696668
Ancestor on mummy's side got a phat land grant in VA for his service in the Revolution

Ancestor on Da's side spied on Union trains from his mountaintop farm in WV, tipped off CSA guerillas who would raid them for supplies. Caught and hanged 1863 RIP

Some other guy on mom's side (not sure if direct ancestor) fought for the Union, apparently didn't accomplish much

Grandpa on father's side was a forward observer for artillery in WWII. Won Bronze Star and a couple Krauts surrendered to him personally late in the war

Also my godfather was in 'Nam if that counts. He doesn't talk about it much, so no clue if he did anything interesting
>>
File: 1480755513622.jpg (59KB, 480x456px) Image search: [Google]
1480755513622.jpg
59KB, 480x456px
>>68696668
i have lots:
>grandad on my mums side enlisted in RAF during ww2, fought in egypt
>grandad on my dads side tried to enlist in east african rifles , was refused because he was running a saw mill.
>my grandmother on my mothers side worked ion a munitions factory
>great uncle on my dads side was a nazi collaberator in norway because commies threatned to hang his father
>uncle fought in Rhodesia
>great uncle on my mothers side fought in vietnam and korea
> greaty great grandad on my mothers side fought in the IRA
>great uncle on my mothers side fought for the british , was a black and tan
>directly decended from harold bluetooth and william the conqurer

sometimes i have dreams about my ancestors screaming at me to rebuild the british empire and re-establish the colonies, i feel like a failure compared to my ancestors , ancestoral obligations suck
>>
>>68719860
i also have stories if anyone is interested
>>
My granny's uncle fought in World War I. Don't know much about it though apart from the patch she had off his jacket. It was three vertical V's which Wikipedia tells me means he was a sergeant.
>>
>>68719893
that feel when nobody cares
>>
>>68720124
If you want to post them, then post them

Don't wait for some dork on a Laotian kite-flying chatroom to order you around
>>
>>68719514

Nevermind, I didn't know him at all.
He was a helicopter pilot and shot down by the mujaheeds somewhere in Argun canyon.
>>
The father of my grand mother from my fathers side joinned the French navy in 1904 for 10 years initially, but WW1 broke out so he was only able to stop in 1919.
The father of my grand father on my mothers side was made a prisoner in 1939 when the war began, and worked in German fields until 1944.
>>
>>68696668
My great grandfather fought in the Korean war.
I'd sign up to fight if it came to Korean war round two.
>>
>german flag about ww2
>my kin didn't do nothing
>every time
>>
>>68696668
My grandpa fought in the Pacific in WWII, then fought in the Korean War, then was a military adviser sent in the Vietnam War.
>>
File: image.jpg (398KB, 818x931px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
398KB, 818x931px
>>68698351
DELET THIS
>>
>WWII
>great uncles
>italian immigrants
>"you can't fight in europe but you can fight in the pacific"
>fights the japs in the pacific
>>
my great grand father was a pilot.
he flew missions in africa
once his plane was shot down and he crash landed in the sahara desert
then a little boy appeared out of nowhere
and asked my grampa to draw him a sheep
but my grampa told him to fuck off
>>
File: 1452777235693.jpg (10KB, 179x170px) Image search: [Google]
1452777235693.jpg
10KB, 179x170px
>>68696668
>losing to sandniggers
>>
grandad in ww2 and the korean war, nan was a war nurse
uncle in vietnam

couple of american cousins in afghanistan/iraq
>>
>>68720783
lmao
>>
>>68704943
Thank you for your cervix.

Truly a veteran ;_;
>>
>>68704299
Lieutenant Dan?
>>
File: 1479620699787.jpg (162KB, 1462x1462px) Image search: [Google]
1479620699787.jpg
162KB, 1462x1462px
>>68704299
>>
>>68704332
kek, so did you guys ever face each other on the pitch since then?
>>
>>68696668
My grand-grandpa was pilot-paratrooper instructor in OSOAVIAHIM (soviet paramilitary organisation), trained soviet civils in pre-war time and served in airborn military communications during 1941-1945.
>>
Mine escaped from Yugoslavia after the collapse and got money after buying land here in the North of Mex.
>>
No.68696668

The only family member I know of that actually fought was like a 3rd cousin or something that moved from Ireland to Canada and became a citizen right in time for him to get conscripted into the Canadian army during WW1.
From what I've read about him is he fought in a lot of the big battles during the war and in the last couple months of it he got shot in the arm by a German machine gun and had to get it amputated
>>
>>68696668
Great grandfather fought in WW1 (British), got gassed at the Somme
Grandfather fought in WW2 (Canadian), he was an anti-aircraft gunner in France
>>
File: 1360896560260.jpg (94KB, 450x399px) Image search: [Google]
1360896560260.jpg
94KB, 450x399px
>>68722643
>No.68696668
>>
>>68722748

Yeah I realized I done goofed lol
>>
One grandfather shot American soldiers.
The other grandfather was an American soldier.

lol
>>
>>68722787
Horrible. Your yellow grandfather know how filthy gaijins cucked his poor aryan family blood?
>>
>>68696668
>A great grandfather who fought many battles in ww1, with highest military decorations
>Some great grand-uncles who fought in the Interbrigades, survived Spain, but perished in ww2
>A great grandfather who fought in ww2 and survived
>Two great grandfathers who took part in the Christmas Uprising and went into exile with King Nicholas I

I guess pic related is the only war we lost. Too bad (though in retrospect, communism was a bad idea).
>>
my grand father fought in the Pacific. in WWⅡ.
In my childfoot, he told me "they were very strong,respectable soldiers."
>>
>>68696668
My great uncle was a helicopter pilot who died in the Iran Iraq war
>>
>>68723694
On which side?
>>
>>68723798
Iran
>>
>>68723839
Somehow I thought so. I met a few Iranians here but I've never met any Iraqis in the U.S.
>>
>>68723933
It makes sense because there are more Iranians that Iraqis. Not to mention the fact that Iranians have more opportunity to emigrate here.
>>
You are probably better of asking here whose male family member did not fight in Winter War, Continuation War or Lapland War.

My fathers uncle had an unfortunate passing. It was 13th of March, last day of the Winter War.
Around 9am he got badly wounded, around 10am he was treated but he did not make it and died, peace was declared and battles ceased around 11am.
>>
My grandpa was strafed by nazi's in WWII. Thats all I know. The other was a mechanic who never saw battle, and my great grandad immigrated to america before WW1 broke out

Dad was too young for Nam
>>
My granddad on my dads side was at tobruk. Real shit
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Tobruk

My granddad on mums side wasnt in any wars i think but i think he was a cop before they came to Australia from Nairobi and at the time there was rebels doing bad shit which is why they left and my dad the other day told me the rebels were muslims lol
>>
>>68696668
My maternal grandfather's father died in the Independence war and his grandfather died in WW1. His older brother fought in the Korean war.

My father's maternal grandfather was an officer in the army. I think he fought in both Balkan wars and possibly in the last Russian war, but i am not sure.
>>
>>68704299
why don't you join them in Syria?
>>
WW2, Korea, Vietnam, Gulf War, Afghanistan
>>
>>68696668
Grandfather on mums side saw a lot of combat all through the islands and pacific in WW2 from 1940-45, other granddad was a mechanic and stationed in Darwin, he dodged a few bombs but was otherwise ok.
None of my parents generation on either side served- dad missed being conscripted by about 3 days into Vietnam.
I did a couple of tours of Timor, 3 tours of Afghanistan and 2 tours of Iraq so I'm kind of the black sheep of the family
>>
Great Grandad flew a seaplane in the Pacific theater during WW2, flying in supplies and such
>>
My grandfather was in the Polish army and fought in Italy during the war.
>>
My both granddads fought in both of the Finnish-Russian conflicts. Other one as a supply-driver and other one as a pioneer. Before that my grand-something dad fought in the crimean war and apparently died there. He's now buried somewhere there. Literally thousands of kilometers away. Makes you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gztGzNljqW4
>>
great grandfather died in the eastern front
>>
File: image.jpg (98KB, 650x542px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
98KB, 650x542px
>Napoleonic wars, though this isn't very unique to any ethnic french
>apparently ancestor that fought as a veteran for the French army, and earned some medals owned by my great uncle to this day

>WWI
>great-great-grandfather conscripted as early as onwards as 1914, and survived through the war, witnessing Verdun and assisting in founding the French army's camouflage unit along the way
>his painting of the war as a picture that is related

WWII
>great-grandfather too "cool for school" to be in the army
>eventually leaked some information to the French resistance though as he had been commissioned by the German army to build them V1 sites, which assisted in them being destroyed by allied planes

Indochinese war
>great-uncle's service though he won't share his experience about it

Algerian war
>grandfather though he's also reluctant to disclose what it was exactly he had to commit there
>>
>>68696668
My grandfathers fought in WW2. Also my grandmother's brother-in-law, who is the last one of those 3 still alive. Was in Russian war imprisonment,
>>
>>68696668
Had an ancestor that fought for the US army during the civil war
>>
None at all
>>
I'm Vietnamese. Great grandfather was in the French military or something. Need to ask my dad about it.
>>
Bumb.
>>
>>68696668
9 out of last 10 generations of my family have fought Russians. Excluding my father who mainly fought the Serbs and some Russians in '90s Bosnia, the other fought them in what is today Bulgaria, Ukraine, Caucuses.
>>
Paternal great-grandfather and grandfather were in WWI and WWII respectively. Both survived.
>>
вимp
>>
I never knew anything about my Finnish great grandfather but he did fight in the winter war pretty sure.

My English great grandfather was a POW for the last week or so of WW2
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.