[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I learned that in colonies of the Spanish and Portuguese empires,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 323932.png (314KB, 453x481px) Image search: [Google]
323932.png
314KB, 453x481px
So I learned that in colonies of the Spanish and Portuguese empires, whites who were born in the colonies were considered lower on the social ladder than those born in Europe and then immigrated there, because the assumption was that there is no chance you are mixed with native or black blood if you were born in Europe, but there is always a suspicion that you could be mixed if you were born in the colonies, even if you were supposedly "white."

We should make the same assumption on /int/. Non-white immigration into Europe on a large scale is still recent enough that it is unlikely that you could be mixed without knowing about it if you are a white European.

Every new worlder shall be assumed non-white unless proven otherwise with 23&me testing results showing at least 97% European ancestry.
>>
Not true, if you were of spanish ancestry you had the same social status on the overseas territories (they were not colonies) as the people from the peninsula.
>>
That's the most autistic thing I've ever read

Who give a shit if you're white or not this is a fucking international board
>>
>>68605075
Overseas territories were like us states and spain tge xapital were the feds.
>>
>>68605075
Not sure about span but Portuguese colonies were considered to be provinces. The government was very much pro-multiculturalism.
>>
>>68605619
Criollos were of lower standing than those born in Spain.
Their butthurt at this was part of Independence.
>>
>>68607597
In theory yes practice no even the multiculturalism was a pretty big stretch so say it as such.
>>
>>68605075
>>>/pol/
>>
>>68605619
not true
>>
>>68605075
what about anglo colonies?

if you came here as a free settler i can assure you that you were considered higher on the social ladder than convicts already here

not only that but they could actually be your slaves until they were set free
>>
>>68605619

No. If you were born outside of Iberia you were one step below in the ladder even if both your parents were 100% Spanish.

That's the definition of criollo.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.