[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's talk the current state of the world: USA: Most powerful,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 11

Let's talk the current state of the world:

USA: Most powerful, technologically advanced, globally dominant, has robust economy, demographically stable

EU: Relevant, technologically above average(but behind USA), regionally relevant, has fragile economy, demographically unstable

Russia: Barely regionally rrelevant (apart from nukes), technologically backward, exceptionally fragile economy (energy exports), demographically on a way to disaster

China: Temporarily relevant, technologically backward, exceptionally fragile economy(depends on import, massive bubbles), demographically on a way to disaster (single child policy leagacy)

Japan: Relevant, technologically advanced, regionally relevant, has weak economy and is demographically unstable but has enough wealth to buffer these two effects

thoughts?
>>
How is Russia demographically worse off than EU?
>>
File: Fertility_Rate_Europe.png (146KB, 1371x1828px) Image search: [Google]
Fertility_Rate_Europe.png
146KB, 1371x1828px
>>68510099
We can just downsize the EU to success.
>>
>>68510099
good point. They are about the same regarding this.
>>
File: 20131116_inc776.png (58KB, 1190x736px)
20131116_inc776.png
58KB, 1190x736px
>>68510218
Why didn't Germany and Spain save monies?

Disaster incoming.
>>
>>68509813
>demographically on a way to disaster
Exaggeration.
>>
Russia could still kill three of those with old tech desu. Can disregard that.
>>
>>68509813
How is China technologically backward?
And the EU and China have extremely close ties, I would say.
>>
ITT: permavirgins from 4chan think they are geopolitical experts
>>
>>68510810
enlighten us, padawan
>>
>>68510810
The German mentality: Don't let the commoners discuss politics, leave it to Merkel and gang.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px)
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>68509813
>Japan
>Major power

>EU
>a country

Japan is a highly developed country, objectively the second most developed after the US, but they're also highly irrelevant. It's not a major power by a long shot.
>>
>>68510810
>reelects Merkel
>>
>>68509813
Woah, lad, what are you even on about.
Why would you put Japan together with the rest? They're not comparable with the rest at all.
also
>China: Temporarily relevant,
what
>technologically backward,
But improving insanely fast.
They're colonizing Africa and Russia as we speak.
Unless Russia gets really desperate and spergs out with nukes, the endgame is USA vs China Tbh
>>
>>68510684
>And the EU and China have extremely close ties, I would say.

I think he's talking in relative terms. The US and EU both have close economic ties to China, but they're far closer to one another. China is backward in the sense that a huge percentage of the population lives in really shitty conditions, their GDP per capita isn't far off from Mexico's.

>>68510918
Japan is one of the world's highest military spenders and has the 3rd largest economy, they just don't make a big deal out of it.
>>
>>68510810
>t. Merkel worshiper
>>
>>68510973
>the endgame is USA vs China Tbh

The ideological differences between our countries aren't strong enough to lead to another Cold War, both of our governments are way too concerned about business for that. I'm not sure that it's going to be anyone vs anyone, outside of some tensions over trade and the South China Sea we're pretty much on the same page.
>>
>>68510973
>China: Temporarily relevant
Inflated growth, MASSIVE bubbles, lots of "dead weight" among state corporations, mounting ecology problems ... yeah I see country falling apart economically in 20 years time.
>technologically backward
Compared to USA, Japan, EU ... Even Russia. Yes.
>But improving insanely fast.
True.
>>
>>68511009
The japs do what you tell them to do, when it comes to foreign policy. I don't remember a single conflict where Japan was somehow relevant.
>>
>>68511171
>The japs do what you tell them to do, when it comes to foreign policy

Only because it suits them and nearly always benefits them. Yoshida Doctrine and all that.

>I don't remember a single conflict where Japan was somehow relevant.

They're rarely directly involved, but they manufactured a lot of the goods used by American forces in Korea and Vietnam, and sent a lot of money and supplies to the US for the Persian Gulf War and the Iraq War. Why risk Japanese lives when they can pay the Americans to do it for them?
>>
>>68510973
>Why would you put Japan together with the rest? They're not comparable with the rest at all.
>formerly 2nd largest economy in world, only recently dropped to 3rd largest
>not relevant
>>
File: img-abe.jpg (134KB, 582x765px)
img-abe.jpg
134KB, 582x765px
>>68509813
Your knowledge is the Japan of 10 years ago.

Japanese economy is going better, birth rate is rising.
Abe works very well.
>>
>>68511451
Yeah, how did japan handle the disaster of 90'?
>>
>>68509813

-US: in the first real crisis of the sole Empire. Analogous to the where the British were when they fought during the American Independence.
-EU: on the bring of irreversible collapse. Germany is in a weak position as an exporting economy while all their European buyers are broke.
-Russia: Fragile, but building up for getting their buffer areas. The stakes are high. Will take risks to get back in shape.
-China: The regional power of Asia. Is a Japan on steroids in the process of becoming a dictatorship and doubling down on nationalism again. Internal economic differences between the rich and Bolivia-like poor interior force them too.
>>
>>68509813
>Russia: Barely regionally rrelevant
Russia can into power projection (look at Syria) and the second most relevant global geopolitical player.
>technologically backward
Ok.
>exceptionally fragile economy (energy exports
The last crisis wasn't as bad as in 2008
The population is growing.
>>
The whole Eurasian landmass is becoming unstable. A similar pattern like the one in the years/decades before WWII is evolving.
>>
>>68511884
>US: in the first real crisis of the sole Empire

The 70s were worse in pretty much every way tbqh

>>68512040
I'm not really seeing the similarities. Anything specific you can think of?
>>
China isn't just temporarily relevant, it will be the next superpower.

China runs the gamut from impoverished villages to extremely technologically advaced city-states, when the rest of China catches up to its best parts it's game over for the demographically smaller West heh
>>
File: russia-population-pyramid-2014.gif (59KB, 610x425px) Image search: [Google]
russia-population-pyramid-2014.gif
59KB, 610x425px
>>68512009
No it can not. Trying to create a few buffer zones (Ukraine) and stirring the shit in Syria is not exactly power projection. Even if Russia is trying to shore up its defences actively and is rather sucesful at that.

>The population is growing.
And it will fully recover in like 2 or 3 generations. Until then ... cataclysm.
>>
>>68512357
>it will be the next superpower.
Not as long as it's filled with Chinese people it won't.
>>
>>68512009
>second most relevant global geopolitical player

even if we agreed to that, you'll be at best third soon. even Russians are understimating the coming, inevitable rise of China lol
>>
>>68512105
>The 70s were worse in pretty much every way tbqh

You were not alone back then. This is the time when the sole US empire must mature and realise that it is not all-powerful and a strategy is needed beyond ideology.

>>68512105

Systematic crisis with old order and regional powers weakening or collapsing. Post-colonial states collapsing, conflict and competition in Asia. These crisis are not only isolated, they are interacting with each other.

The US still have still options, but there could be a time when that's no longer a choice.
>>
>>68512451
China is smarter than the smartest parts of the West and has a larger population. East (and South) Asians are taking over the Ivies in the USA too, meanwhile the white population is dwindling

seriously, it's over. might as well accept reality
>>
>>68512477
>inevitable
- massive corruption
- dicrtatorship, ever more challenged by rising middle class
- unable to control regional or a single global ocean
- humongous bubbles in realestate and many other parts of economy
- ecology brutally hampering development on all levels
- the very rigidity of the system, probably unable to face problems, brought on by browth falling to say, 3%
>inevitable
>>
>>68512539
You have clearly never met a Chinaman. Smart is not a word anyone with any experience with them would ever use.

There's a reasonably believable argument to be made that they aren't even human.
>>
File: RS_Web_EU_8M_v3.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
RS_Web_EU_8M_v3.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
Soon.
>>
>>68512585
yeah yeah, we've been hearing about the Chinese bubble for a good while. meanwhile it's the only BRIC country that's been doing as well as expected

>>68512636
the Chinese are on average a bit alien culturally to the average Westerner but they're smarter than everyone else in 2016. as for not being human that's fine, west eurasians are almost as neanderthal too
>>
File: Yamal_2009.jpg (4MB, 3008x2000px)
Yamal_2009.jpg
4MB, 3008x2000px
This investment will pay off in a decade or two.
>>
>>68512743
Again, you've clearly never met a Chinaman. The average chink has the literacy of a 16th century serf and the creative thinking ability of a Texas Instruments calculator from 1982.
>>
>>68512880
TI are pretty good but arrogant Westerners underestimate China at their own peril. I'll stop here

it's weird, because /int/ is usually not as ideological as /pol/ but it's still very stuck in underestimating China
>>
>>68512880
Where are you meeting these guys? Chinese people are incredibly smart where I am.
>>
>>68512960
I've actually noticed the opposite, /int/ seems to overwhelmingly over-estimate China, I've seen a lot of posts saying that China will not only be a superpower, but the sole superpower, within the next two decades. Some of it seems like it's straight from a PRC state tv report.
>>
>>68512880
This is just /pol/-tier goofiness. China has smart people and dumb people just like every other country in the world.

>>68513022
In general, Chinese and Indians in the US tend to be smarter than their brethren back home. "Brain Drain" and all that.
>>
>>68512656
If by "soon" you mean hundreds of years. Also, at that timescale, Finland And Sweden will have recovered multiple meters due to post-glacial rebound.
Land is rising 3-5 mm/year in southern Finland and 9 mm/year in northern Finland. That's 30-90 cm per century.
>>
>>68513022
>>68513178
I know chinks from work as I'm in procurement for a large consumer electronics company.

No, Chinese are not smart. Any capacity for creative, intelligent, thinking is beaten out of them by the state and their culture long before they reach adulthood.
>>
>>68513115
it won't replace the USA in the foreseeable future but you have a country of 1.2 billion people, that's smarter on average than any other non East Asian country, that's making rapid technological progress and that's seriously researching genetic engineering while having fewer of the ethical considerations of the west in that sort of area

nuff said, i think
>>
>>68512656
Implying the Netherlands wouldn't be it's own island. The Dutch are masters of fighting off the ocean.
>>
>>68511136
Have you been asleep for the past year?
>>
>>68513288
>>68513178
I guess it must be location, the company I work for is basically now owned by Chinese and every week some Chinese people in sweaters come in and take a look around.
>>
>>68510099
Well that tendency is reversing itself but Russia's got the worst of everything in that it lacks a large robust younger generation, just like the EU, and on top of that there's a high rate of mortality at all ages. And if that wasn't enough, it's poor af with a fragile economy.
>>
>>68509813

First lesson: never, NEVER think Russia is dead.

Second lesson: the EU does not exist as a federation. Major european countries are technologically advanced.
>>
>>68512960

China is having this strong and fast development because the United States of America chose to start relations with them in the 70s and destroy the USSR's influence in Asia.

The chinese by themselves would still be considered the yellow Africa if it wasn't for the USA.
>>
File: 1345521938948.png (81KB, 327x260px) Image search: [Google]
1345521938948.png
81KB, 327x260px
ITT: Slovenia sucking up to the West so fucking hard

Notice me USempai
>>
File: image (1)..jpg (5KB, 300x57px)
image (1)..jpg
5KB, 300x57px
>>68514024
>First lesson: never, NEVER think Russia is dead.
This is pretty much relevant to anyone in this list. You forget about its existence while it is weak, then it grows stronger and lays more eggs. Who gave a fucks about USA in 18-th century? Who cared about Chinks in 19-th century? But now we do.
>>
>>68514277
>Who gave a fucks about USA in 18-th century?
Probably because we didn't exist for most of it.
>>
http://warontherocks.com/2015/12/the-seven-deadly-sins-of-russia-analysis/
>>
File: lecter.png (4MB, 1680x1050px)
lecter.png
4MB, 1680x1050px
>>68514724
I was kinda incorrect with this one, but you got the idea anyway.
>>
>>68512656
3 Mopeтa
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.