[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw other countries put inventors, scientists, artists, etc

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

File: united-states-dollar.png (711KB, 690x600px) Image search: [Google]
united-states-dollar.png
711KB, 690x600px
>tfw other countries put inventors, scientists, artists, etc etc on their money
>tfw we just put politicians on our money
>>
>Benjamin Franklin
>not an inventor

dumb nigger
>>
Weren't you going to take out based andrew jackson to put a sheboon?
Disgraceful
>>
>>68498043
Forgot to switch your proxy?
>>
>>68498007
He's known for being a politician over being an inventor. If he wasn't an inventor, but was still a a founding father, he'd still be on the currency. If he was an inventor but not a founding father, barely anybody would know who he is and he wouldn't be on the currency.
>>
>>68498043
We still are unless Trump sinks that as well.
>>
>>68498158
We should give /pol the idea they should campaign to have Trump put himself on the money, it's a win-win, we'd all be laughing so hard
>>
>>68498158
I never actually thought about it.
Trump might actually ditch that plan and not let it go through. If anyone would be the one to do it, it would be him.

I fucking love Trump so much. I hope me makes himself emperor and reigns forever.
>>
>>68498274
Let's have it so that it almost happens but doesn't, to piss them off even more.
>>
>>68497957
But they're extremely important politicians, no?

It's not like they're putting just any random President on the bills. It's people who had a great impact on the country. Though to be quite honest I have no idea who the people on the 50 and 2 dollar notes are.

>>68498043
Nice flag, retard.
>>
>>68498316
Man, I hate both Trump and /pol, but the idea of putting a living meme in US currency, it's almost as good as putting pepe on it.
>>
>>68498341
Yeah, pretty much.
The $2 bill person is Thomas Jefferson.
The $50 bill person is Ulysses Grant, commander of the Union forces during the Civil War and later a (less successful) President.
>>
>>68497957
The $10 bill is the most aesthetic, and Alexander Hamilton is based as fuck.

The $2 bill is fucking hideous and I hate getting them. Good thing they're basically non-existent when it comes to actual circulation of money.
>>
>>68498413
The $2 bill has had the same design since 1929, the same year bills in their current size were introduced.

The $1 bill still has a similar design. The two haven't been changed because no one's going to counterfeit them.
>>
>>68498377
Oh wow, I wouldn't have recognized that as Jefferson.

Well, there you have it. Two extremely important figures in the shaping of the United States. A founding father, and a commander for the winning side of the Civil War.
>>
>>68498434
Why did the $2 bill never catch on? I haven't gotten one in literal years.
In Europe the 2 Euro coin is extremely common. I got them constantly.
>>
>>68498468
Hmmmmm. I would say that it fulfills a similar function to the $1 bill, but Wikipedia says
>$2 bills are seldom seen in circulation as a result of banking policies with businesses which has resulted in low production numbers due to lack of demand.
>>
>>68497957

>George Washington
He's the father of our fucking country, he belongs on the money

>Thomas Jefferson
Jefferson burns in hell for his crimes and nobody uses 2's anyway

>Abe Lincoln
He's the reason we still have a god damn country. He stays

>Alexander Hamilton
If you dont think the guy that created the fucking treasury and the central bank belongs on our money I dont know what to tell you

>Andrew Jackson
While he personally would be disgusted with being on paper currency issued by a central bank, it triggers the fuck out of SJW's and Indians. He stays.

>Grant
Based. He stays

>Ben Franklin
Inventor, author, diplomat, puss hound. He stays.
>>
>>68498507
>Jefferson burns in hell for his crimes
please redpill me on what you mean by this
t. slept through u.s. history
>>
>>68498507
What about Aunt Jemima? What did she do to warrant replacing Jackson on the 20?
>>
>>68498549
She led the slaves to freedom on the Underground Railroad. While indeed an admirable part of American history, I'm still not sure whether it'd be currency-worthy. If we must have a woman on the $20 bill, I'd say Susan B Anthony or Abigail Adams would be far better choices.
>>
I thought it was a common thing to put politicians on money for most countries.

Although back where I used to live, they put national treasures and heroes on bills.
>>
>>68498518
Jefferson was an opportunistic, power hingry sack of shit who fellated himself over the french revolution so much he was blind to it's ideological failings. He was jealous of Washington's support of and relationship with Hamilton to the point that during the end of Wash's second term, Jefferson started telling newspapers to print that Wash was "senile" and "losing his sensibilities", which was the only only reason he would ever support hamilton's federalism over jacksonian democracy. Washington fucking DIED not on speaking terms with Jefferson.

>>68498549
She doesnt, dont get me wrong. But Jackson would fucking hate being on money, so theres some slight comfort there. If we were really going to replace him, a suitable replacement would be either FDR, Eisenhower, or fuck it, even Adams.
>>
>>68498666
Eisenhower would be a perfect choice for replacing Jackson.

In fact, I really wish it would happen. Ike was fucking based.
>>
>>68497957
>tfw we just put politicians on our money
>we used to be like that

We're going full retard now.
>>
File: Billete gitana.jpg (103KB, 880x398px) Image search: [Google]
Billete gitana.jpg
103KB, 880x398px
>>68498642
It was, Americans I think have tended to be more conservative than most other countries with their currency in that there's tons of it circulating around the world so consistency was a practical issue in allowing it to keep it's role as THE global currency in the second half of the 20th century. It may not be as important now that electronic mediums are the way any significant reserve of currency is held, but even if back then there was such a thing as treasury bonds and cheques, cold hard cash was indispensable for a lot of things.

Our currency on the other hand has been very diverse, we currently have women, artists, an Aztec tlatoani and only a single guy who was a sitting president amongst them. In all fairness they are all uncontroversially currency worthy although we are probably missing a revolucionario in there.

Then again our first run of paper currency used just abstract characters, pictured was commonly called the "gipsy girl", it circulated until 1970.
>>
File: In-God-we-trust-motto.jpg (54KB, 600x300px) Image search: [Google]
In-God-we-trust-motto.jpg
54KB, 600x300px
>>68497957
When will this meme end?
>>
>>68499231
It was put on there to distance ourselves from the atheism of the Soviets, and has stayed on there because of ceremonial deism.
>>
Someday they'll put Obama's face on a roll of toilet paper. :^)
>>
Well, we have national fauna on our bills.

But it's ok, they're less beastly than our politicians anyway
>>
File: banknoty[1].jpg (48KB, 800x325px) Image search: [Google]
banknoty[1].jpg
48KB, 800x325px
>>68497957
>Poland
>we wuz kangs
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.