[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How was it that in WW2 Norway was occupied while Finland could

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

How was it that in WW2 Norway was occupied while Finland could defend itself, mostly, and Sweden didn't give that much of a fuck about either?
odd for two 'we wuz vikings' countries how a land of poor farmers could manage more than them
>>
Finland was allied with Germany, I'm sure that helped a little bit when trying to not be invaded by Germany.
>>
>>68397636
why didn't you ally germany then? seems better than being invaded and shat over by them
>>
>>68397699
because the politicians at the time wanted to be neutral
>>
>>68397722
kek
>>
>>68397636
>Norwegian education
It was Germany who sold us out to the Soviets in the first place. The "alliance" came many years later.
>>
>>68397526
Finland borders Russia and had been independent for 20 years by this time and had a civil war right after independence.
Sweden had been independent for hundreds of years and Norway had been so for 35 achieving it peacefully and without a civil war occurring right after. Sweden and Norway and both also been neutral before the world wars and thought they would get to stay so this war as well.
Remember that a lot of other nations had as hard to learn from direct experience, Belgium ditching their alliance with France right before the war started in the belief they would get to stay independent.
>>
>>68397526
>>68397636

Sweden was also allied with nazi Germany
>>
>>68397636
>>68402863
>Norwegian education
>>
>>68403427
t. swede in denial
>>
>>68403603
We weren't allied though, we just sucked their dick for all it was worth which you probably would have done too in our situation.
>>
>>68403718
>we just sucked their dick for all it was worth which you probably would have done too in our situation.

No we wouldn't, that's why they invaded
>>
>>68404101
They invaded because they knew else the UK would invade you otherwise which would halt the ore transports going along you coast.
>>
>>68403718
>we just sucked their dick
why are you gay even at analogies?
>>
>>68404337
Because if you are secure with your sexuality you can make self depricating gay jokes
>>
>>68405033
wow, i didnt think the gay feeling was that strong in sweden
>>
both uk and germany wanted norway to be their bitch because muh north sea and ports

funny germany could get norway but absolutely got beaten up in navy
>>
>>68397526
This guy, known as "White Death"
>>
>>68397526
The Russian army was a mess after Stalin murdered half the officers, so the Fins were able to meme them, though they still lost in the end. Swedes just bent over backwards to suck German willy.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.