[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm an American who's grown bored of our stereotypes

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 7a5.gif (71KB, 600x996px) Image search: [Google]
7a5.gif
71KB, 600x996px
I'm an American who's grown bored of our stereotypes we've assigned to each country that people here talk about. I want to hear what other countries stereotypes of America are.
>inb4 fat
Tell me a list that one's not going to be on.
Also if you want to talk about stereotypes of other countries, have at it.
>>
Other than the obvious fat, dumb etc stereotypes

>Extroverted
Generally seen to be more gregarious, friendly and all around loud
>Curious
Even though Americans are normally thought of as dumb and ignorant there is the stereotype that they are eager and open to learn and try different things as opposed to say, the snobbish French
>Talkative
This kind of relates to the extroverted point but they're very open about themselves and share pretty personal information as well as demanding the same as you
>Shallow
Perhaps this is down to cultural differences but Americans just seem to not really care about in depth things. They'll ask you about stuff just to talk and never take anything away from the discussion or seem at all engaged
>>
>>68382975
Loud, violent, stupid and way too arrogant and personal.
Also get amazed over the simplest shit such as cookien and ryebread.
>>
SHART
>>
>>68383252
Yeah same
>>
Northwest
>calm
>snowy
>friendly
Northeast
>complete assholes
>spoiled children
>crime
South
>religious
>poor
>dumb but not in a bad way
>>
>>68382975
>wealthy
Because average and minimal wages are really high.

>soulless
You would not smile to a random person every time unless it`s fake smile in some satanic way. But at the same time
>extremely polite

>patriotic
Because of the whole flag thing.

>racist
Because it`s shown to us as a topic of discussion in your country.
>>
>>68383252
Rye sucks ass.
>>68383465
How can there be a non negative kind of dumb?
>>68383614
Can you go more into detail about the racist bit?
>>
>>68382975
No, your just wrong. Americans are fatass lazy racist people.
>>
>>68382975
Fat, rude and stupid.
>>
Dumb, loud, fat, ignorant, fake, aggressive
>>
>>68386491
this
>>
That other anon who said insincere had a good point. I've never met an American who didn't seem to feign interest in me just to be polite. Like Spanish people, when we meet for the first time, will try and make jokes and laugh with each other. Americans seem to immediately go down the small talk route and nod along interrupting you with banal quips like "OH GEE HOW INTERESTING" etc.

Also they talk about sex so much it's creepy. Here the only time you really talk about it in a non-self-deprecating way is if the rules of drinking games force you to. Americans seem to actively boast and shout about their sex lives.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.