[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/lang/ Language Learning

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 24_2.png (243KB, 701x735px) Image search: [Google]
24_2.png
243KB, 701x735px
>What language are you learning?
>Share language learning experiences!
>Help people who want to learn a new language!
>Find people to train your language with!

>Language learning resources:
http://4chanint.wikia.com/wiki/The_Official_/int/_How_to_Learn_A_Foreign_Language_Guide_Wiki

http://www.duolingo.com/
>Duolingo is a free language-learning platform that includes a language-learning website and app, as well as a digital language proficiency assessment exam. Duolingo offers all its language courses free of charge.

>>>/t/746368
>Torrents with more resources than you'll ever need for 30+ languages.

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B9QDHej9UGAdcDhWVEllMzJBSEk#
>Google Drive folder with books for all kinds of languages.

https://fsi-languages.yojik.eu/languages/oldfsi/index.html
>Drill based courses with text and audio.The Foreign Service Institute (FSI) is the United States federal government's primary training institution for employees of the U.S. foreign affairs community.These courses are all in public domain and free to download.Site may go down sometimes but you can search for fsi on google and easily find a mirror.

https://www.memrise.com/
>Free resource to learn vocabulary, nice flash cards

Last Thread >>68278229
>>
>>68298635
Learning dutch using memrise Duolingo and hello talk
Message hello talk "FI3M" To get 3 months vip free. No credit card
>>
what''s the best language learning method
>>
>>68305293
shitposting on generals on /int/
>>
>>68298635
J'aime le langage des grenouilles.
>>
>>68305449
mais pourquoi
>>
>>68305540
c'est attrayant.
>>
>>68298635
>learn german
>go to germany and everybody speaks you in english

that's why german is dying
>>
French and Portuguese are being replaced by English in Africa. English and Spanish are the biggest bang for your buck, prove me wrong.
>>
File: 1472596940606.jpg (164KB, 2176x1628px) Image search: [Google]
1472596940606.jpg
164KB, 2176x1628px
>>68306621
>French being replaced by English in Africa.
>>
>>68305293

living where the language is spoken

nothing else even comes close.
>>
I think i have finally figured a way out of my rut. I'm going to restart italian and have it as my main language, making sure i do some every day and then i'll have a dabbling language of either Russian/Arabic/Chinese (still not decided which) which i'll try and do everyday but wont beat myself up over missing every so often.

At least this way ill be making progress in one language without dithering every day and doing nothing.
>>
What resources are you guys using for your language(s)?
>>
>>68308221
books and movies
>>
>>68302110
kanker zemmel <3
>>
>>68308221
Duolingo and Memrise. When I'm comfortable with my vocabulary, I guess I'll start watching movies and read a lot.
>>
>>68306621
I heard French is getting replaced by English in Moroccan schools but I dunno if that's legit.

>>68305293
Going to a language school in the country where they speak it. Making friends who speak that language

>>68308085
I tried both Russian and Arabic. Both were difficult but Arabic was infinitely more fun than Russian I found, probably because it's so different to any european language. I recommend Maha's video lessons for arabic, qt 3.14 who explains well
>>
File: tumblr_o6dl7916A01rb68nao2_1280.jpg (51KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o6dl7916A01rb68nao2_1280.jpg
51KB, 640x640px
Anyone here learning or know resources for learning Tigrinya?
>>
>>68306621
IT'S TREASON THEN
>>
>>68307140
Rwanda actually switched from French to English a few years back. I'm sure that's because most of their neighbouring countries also use English though.
>>
>>68310305
Why in the world do you wanna learn tigrinya tho
>>
File: tumblr_ofk45ztFbI1uoojzbo2_400.gif (2MB, 332x332px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_ofk45ztFbI1uoojzbo2_400.gif
2MB, 332x332px
>>68310465
My best buddy pal is a native speaker, and I wanna surprise him one day by saying a sentence or two :^)
>>
>>68310461
>still angry about that genocide

lmao they can't handle it
>>
>>68310504
well in that case I'm sure there are a bunch of phrases on say omniglot. And you could learn the letters on Wikipedia
>>
>>68310519
They're actually handling it quite well.

>>68310305
I have a 225 pages document on everything you need to know about Tigrinya. You interested in buying it?
>>
>>68309947
>I tried both Russian and Arabic. Both were difficult but Arabic was infinitely more fun than Russian I found, probably because it's so different to any european language. I recommend Maha's video lessons for arabic, qt 3.14 who explains well

This is basically the difficulty i have. Russian is more useful but i find Arabic more interesting/intriguing.
>>
>>68298635
Bump
>>
>>68298635
>mongolia
>russian
they use Cyrillic but do they speak Russian?
>>
>>68309947
>I tried both Russian and Arabic. Both were difficult but Arabic was infinitely more fun than Russian I found, probably because it's so different to any european language. I recommend Maha's video lessons for arabic, qt 3.14 who explains well
Russian is similar to lingua latina indeed. Makes you think. Also is there any books to can read in arabic?
>>
Any russians here know/dabble in Caucasian or Turkic languages?

Part of the reason i'm interested in russian is it opens those areas, which outside of really basic materials are inaccessible in english,.
>>
>>68307411
does not work for nordic countries, everyone just switches to english
>>
>>68298635
I started learning Portuguese. I feel like I might want to move there soon.
Only started so I only know basics but it would be useful to have some help.
>>
Hoy huelo a mierda.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.