[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain how age of consent laws work throughout different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

Can someone explain how age of consent laws work throughout different countries? I even get confused with the laws in the U.S sometimes too. I know basically the general rule is 18 with a few places in the Midwest and South allowing 17 but there are technicalities where it can be 16 in most states hence this strange map in pic related. Are there these same technicalities in many countries in Asia, South America, Europe, etc that explain why the age of consent seems to be 13-16 respectively in these countries? Genuinely curious and a bit confused. Not that I will ever have to worry about that since I only hang out with people my age. Still it certainly makes the intrinsic idea of pedophilia or satuatory rape very blurred.
>>
Bump for interesting opinions.
>>
If you go overseas, have sex with somebody under the age of 16, and the government finds out, they can and will arrest you, thanks to the PROTECT Act
>>
>>68293333
I just relized I could leagully fuck a 16 year old
>>
File: 1476548750377.jpg (229KB, 627x720px) Image search: [Google]
1476548750377.jpg
229KB, 627x720px
>In 1880, the age of consent was set at 10 or 12 in most states, with the exception of Delaware where it was 7.[2]
>>
File: Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg.png (144KB, 1024x452px) Image search: [Google]
Age_of_Consent_-_Global.svg.png
144KB, 1024x452px
>>68294216
I don't plan on ever doing anything like that. I like people my age or older, especially since I'm
[spoiler]a grill[/spoiler]. I'm just curious how this whole thing really works. Moreso in other countries. Are the same technicalities at work with close in age laws where a 18 year old could go with a 16 in some states as long as they remain less than 2 years apart as long as there is parental permission? That would explain why the age of consent in Spain was13 for so long and still is in Japan or why most of Europe is either 16 or 15.
>>
>>68294262
I think it is , again, a technicality. I live in the North East and either everyone here is ignorant on what the age of consent is or that age of consent is still basically regarded as 18. In other words when we say "age of consent" what does that really mean? I'm just getting confused a bit and wondering if it is also this complicated in other countries?
>>
>>68294335
Not really since that was generally the age of marriage and even then, people never married that young except for ultra-backwards Appalachian hillbillies.
>>
>the age of consent is 16 in most states but you will still get treated like a pedo because of Hollywood California movies(18)
>>
>>68293333
Those aren't "technicalities". You can (to the best of my knowledge, I am not a lawyer and do NOT treat this as legal advice) in those states fuck a 16 year old even if you're 30, however taboo and creepy it is. HOWEVER, you can't transport a girl to a state with a lower age of consent to have sex with her for federal law.
>>
>>68295023
Then why do people, even in my state in the North East have this idea that they will go to jail if they so much as look at a 17 year old? Seems strange. Everyone in the U.S. thinks that it is generally 18 except for the few places in the south/midwest where it is 17. Weird...I guess it is as anon said.>>68294825
The power of socialization sure is real.
>>
>>68295117
Because it's highly taboo due to the half your age plus 7 rule (>>68294825), which if I am not mistaken has nothing to do with California. In any case the Age of Consent here (Illinois) is drilled into our heads during Sex Ed.
>>
>>68295166
No I'm talking 21- 22 year old guys I know freaking out when they saw a women hey thought was hot but then leader find out she's 17.
>>
>>68295338
Oh. It might be technically illegal to solicit sex to minors (i.e., 18 and under) via the internet and stuff, but (remember, I am NOT a lawyer, this is NOT advice, so don't construe it as such) if they're talking in person they'll probably (read above, not advice) be in the clear.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.