[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anyone from Luxembourg on here? I have a few questions.. Wich

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 3

File: 1000px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png (4KB, 1000x600px) Image search: [Google]
1000px-Flag_of_Luxembourg.svg.png
4KB, 1000x600px
Anyone from Luxembourg on here?
I have a few questions..

Wich languages do you need to live in Luxembourg?
Wich language is spoken in political affairs?
Are you happy with your country? What are the flaws?
How is Luxembourg handling the refugee crisis? What is your gouvernments and the populations view on it?
Is it easy to find a job or to build an independent business? And how expensive is Luxembourg?

I am thinking about moving, and Luxembourg seems like a good choice.
>>
>>68043354
DON'T TRUST LUXEMBURG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LUXEMBURG IS EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
>>
Self bump.
I need some answers.
>>
They have they own language, it is close to german i believe. Anyways you should be fine speaking german or french, the two other languages used (for political affairs as well) in this country.

Luxembourg is expensive but then again their tax policy is attractive for some.
>>
>>68044608
>german
Dutch
>>
>>68043354
Luxembourg here. Ask away.
>>
Luxembourg is a Portuguese colony
>>
>>68043354
Learn to google m8ie

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Languages_of_Luxembourg

>Luxembourgish (Lëtzebuergesch), a Franconian language of the Moselle region similar to German and Dutch, was introduced in primary school in 1912. It is a Mosel-Frankish dialect like the dialects in Germany bordering Luxembourg. Unlike its German counterparts, it uses many French words and is officially deemed to be a national language rather than a German dialect. The formalization of regional German dialects into national languages arose from the desire to impress a distinct national identity, not associated with the German State. In Switzerland, written German was maintained, albeit with some differences in vocabulary, differing strongly from the spoken Swiss-German speech which the average German cannot understand. In Luxembourg, the dialect was phonetically transcribed into a new language, and while Luxembourgish and a mix of other different languages is spoken on the street, French is often the main language spoken next to German and sometimes Luxembourgish in shops or other commercial sites.
>>
>>68044608
Yeah, I even understand much of it without learning it. As far as I know it is even spoken in some parts of Germany.
My only concern was that I may would have to learn french (no offense, but I don't like your language cause I had to learn it at school, lel. Je ne parle pas bien et le temps a l'école a manifesté un aversion a la langue) to "survive" in everyday life.
I would learn their language of course.

I am thinking about opening a pharmacy.
>>
>>68044715
Did you read the full OP?
>>
>>68044959
it's a joke on this ---> >>68044750
>>
>>68044959
Right, right.

>>68043354
1-Portuguese. Some French is allowed, but frowned upon.
2-Yeah, but it's a bit far away from my family in proper Western Europe.
3-Not a lot of them. It's a pretty small country with a rather high price of admission, so they can't afford an adaptation period. You have to know someone or be able to desenrascate your way out of your situation.
4a-Yes, if you're qualified. It's expensive as fuck, but liveable with a local salary. Bit hard to enter, though.
4b-Easier if you know someone where you can crash, but the houses are a bit small.
>>
>>68044901
>Je ne parle pas bien et le temps a l'école a manifesté un aversion a la langue
Pourtant, ta phrase est correcte à part pour le dernier "à" et "une aversion".
But yeah, that's a feeling I have encountered quite a few time, people were frustrated with French because it was taught very poorly to them. A shame really.
>>
File: sprache.jpg (38KB, 1631x237px) Image search: [Google]
sprache.jpg
38KB, 1631x237px
Also, why the fuck is this?
>>
File: 1467166224172.png (14KB, 564x652px) Image search: [Google]
1467166224172.png
14KB, 564x652px
>>68045245
>>
>>68045198
Si je veux écrire un ou deux phrases, c'est possible, mais je ne peut jamais parler avec un francais(e?) dans un conversation.
The longer I had french in school, the more i hated it. Dans les annees finales j'ai faut apprends francais je ne même pas conjugez des verbes ou utilise des temps...
You probably see, the more I write, the worse it gets. But fuck it, maybe I am gonna learn it in 30 years or so, but for now, I won't touch French for a long time.
>>
>>68045621
Yeah, I understand the feeling. I got frustrated with German myself after a hard break up with a Swiss German girl. A shame because I like your poetry. Maybe I'll get back to it some day as well, who knows?
Unironically, Switzerland might be your best bet if you want to make a lot of money and stay in a germanophone region.
>>
>>68045946
I was thinking about Switzerland too, but Schweizerdeutsch (swiss German) sometimes is pretty hard to understand and to learn. Some people even say it is harder to learn than Lëtzebuergesch.
But the laguage isn't even a big criteria. I was also thinking about the Czech Republic.
>>
>>68046227
>I was thinking about Switzerland too, but Schweizerdeutsch (swiss German) sometimes is pretty hard to understand and to learn.
Yeah, they say its the perfect spy language because nobody outside of Swiss people can ever understand it

>But the laguage isn't even a big criteria. I was also thinking about the Czech Republic.
Czechia is pretty comfy except for Prag which is too touristic. But the wages are really different.
>>
>>68046570
Yeah, Prag(ue) is touristic as hell. Although there are also parts were absolutely no tourists were, behind the big park on the mountain and somewhere in the north I believe.
>But the wages are really different.
The prices too :^) I mean forreal, if you are a tourist you can buy anything you want for nothing.
>>
>>68046765
>behind the big park on the mountain and somewhere in the north I believe.
Should check it out next time
>The prices too :^) I mean forreal, if you are a tourist you can buy anything you want for nothing.
The situation is a bit different if you have a local salary :^)
>>
>>68047223
>Should check it out next time
You don't have to. It is pretty boring there since there are just houses of the population.
Well, there are two museums right behind the park, they might be worth a visit.

>The situation is a bit different if you have a local salary :^)
Yeah, that's true, but it compensates it.
>>
>>68047382
Anyway, why do you want to leave Germany so bad?
>>
>>68047549
Politics, the evolution of the German society, adventure...
There are various reasons.
But the main reasons probably are the first two.
>>
>>68047746
If you leave, the sjw will get stronger
>>
>>68047746
>Politics, the evolution of the German society
"Refugees welcome" and all that Jazz ?
>>
>>68047746
once you grow up you might feel quite differently
>>
>>68047799
There is not much rationality left in Germany.

>>68047825
Yes. Or that you get called a nazi for not beeing mainstream leftist and stuff like that.
The recent events and the way the politicians reacted turned me more conservative.

>>68047830
Once I grow up, I may live in a state were islamic violence is normal, our history gets shat on, western society is comepletly changed and turned backwards, I may not have the chance to retire or raise children in a good and safe enviroment.
I don't want to take that risk.

It's not hate, it is concern and fear.
It is a rational protecting choice from what you can learn by muslim countries and societies.
>>
Isn't there a single person from Luxembourg on here?
>>
>>68043354
It's so much of a non-country that their only form of relevance is becoming EU officials and telling real countries to be non-countries like them. Just move there and do whatever the fuck you want, pretty sure they all know German anyway.
>>
Last bump for tonight.
>>
>>68043354
There was a Luxemburg bro in the /deutsch/ thread about a year ago.

>Wich languages do you need to live in Luxembourg?
German / Luxemburgish, French or Dutch

>How is Luxembourg handling the refugee crisis?
There are lots of refugees there. Infact they have the highest refugee ratio.

>What is your gouvernments and the populations view on it?
going full open borders

>And how expensive is Luxembourg?
It is expensive there, not as much as Switzerland though
>>
>>68048138
Why not move to Canada? I heard they give green card to people who finish master's degree at their uni or so.

Of course, Trudeau is a loon but it is at least far from Arabs unlike Europe
>>
I have some family in Luxemburg, only got there to buy cigarettes tho
>>
Luxes always say they all speak German there.
>>
>>68053642
Why do you go there to buy cigarettes? Isn't it expensive?
>>
>>68053642
>New Caledonia
Are you really from there? That's quite a ways from Lux. 0-0
>>
>>68043354
>Wich languages do you need to live in Luxembourg?

Portuguese

>Wich language is spoken in political affairs?

Portuguese

>Are you happy with your country? What are the flaws?

Portugal is doing fine thus they're happy
>>
>>68048138
sounds like you're having bit of an overreaction

are you an ossi by any chance?
>>
im luxembourg
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.