[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>He fell for the "we're full" meme >He thinks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1447560684195.jpg (36KB, 460x307px) Image search: [Google]
1447560684195.jpg
36KB, 460x307px
>He fell for the "we're full" meme
>He thinks Australia is uninhabitable arid desert
>He thinks Australians are a separate people than Brits

We literally just ran out of them to import and didn't want a Chinese takeover

God save the Queen, Anglo pride world wide
>>
>>68013549
>He thinks Australians are a separate people than Brits
We are though.

We are better. I don't know why people insist on the cultural cringe. Brits generally think they're superior to us, but their country is a socially immobile Orwellian shithole. The only thing keeping them from collapsing is their inane "pride" in the traditions that keep them down.
>>
alri zhang
>>
>>68013549
>>68013621
So wait... We cool?

If we chuck out Parliament and actually start trying to fix our mess, are we still cool?

I don't want to think we've alienated the commonwealth... Or would, in the case of revolution.
>>
ehh don't worry we will keep send you all some culturally things

what do you want?
>rohingyans
>arabs
>somali
>bengali
>>
I'm some nigga from South America and my rich cousin apparently bought herself Australian citizenship through investing several hundred thousand dollars in Australia.

It seems like you're full only for broke niggas like myself.

Really makes you think huh
>>
>>68013701
Are there actually somalis in Indonesia?
>>
>>68013696
>If we chuck out Parliament and actually start trying to fix our mess, are we still cool?
I'd only accept that if it was just a temporary purge of parliament. Getting rid of the peoples' representative body is not a good way to have the people more strongly represented.

>I don't want to think we've alienated the commonwealth... Or would, in the case of revolution.
You'll always have a subset of people here who are MUH HERITAGE for the queen and britain etc. The rest of us don't really want to leave the commonwealth, but many of us look at britain and think "wow it's becoming quite a shithole". Not because of immigrants or anything, but because your country is literally turning into 1984 and nobody seems to care.
>>
>>68013809
>Getting rid of the peoples' representative body is not a good way to have the people more strongly represented
On the one hand, I agree. The voice of the people MUST be heard and MUST be acted upon...

However at the same time, the average voter, especially in large numbers, is an unmitigated TOSSPOT. I honestly believe a feudal, meritocratic system would work better - but one with both upward and downward social mobility and one that is answerable to the people.

As for the surveillance state bollocks and everything... Yeah, it's over the top. But what do you expect? People are scared and grumbling and the government wants to try and keep control and generally it seems the real problem is that everyone in power is either well-intentioned, but clueless about what to actually DO; or is missing their goddamn testicles! Either that, or they're actively trying to fucking sabotage Britain for their own gain!

Realtalk again though... If the Empire was to return by, say, taking back countries with a real need and wish for social change from their independent governments; such as Zimbabwe and Hong Kong... If they were given the same voice as any county in England, with rights to self-rule, but still beholden to British laws... Would that still be something Aus would be cool with? I'm not going to say the Commonwealth countries would HAVE to re-join as part of the Empire , but... You know... If you wanted, it's not like we'd say no.
>>
>>68013746
You have to come back.
>>
>>68014048
Vou não
>>
>>68014005
Feudal systems are awful, even supposedly meritocratic ones, and the only way you'd be able to enforce it on a populace accustomed to freedom would be through brutality.

And I don't think most of us would support a new wave of colonialism, even if you dress it up as regime change for good. I don't think our cultural ties are strong enough to compel us yo rejoin the empire. We're very multicultural and my grandparents are british, but I feel no particular allegience or love towards britain, other than historic interest and shared values (which orwellianism is destroying). I consider myself australian, not a member of the empire. If we were equal members in the empire, I think many of us would consider it. But I would never bend the knee, all men are equal.
>>
>>68014169
The sad fact is that people ARE NOT EQUAL. Someone will always be better than you and someone will always be worse, at whatever you try. The idea of equality of station, that everyone's voice and opinion is of equal worth is HORSESHIT.

I'm not saying people cannot change and cannot improve. But if your talent is only in getting elected and not actually running the country, you should not run the country! Democracy is a glorified popularity contest that only elects people who are good at promising the earth.

All men (and women) deserve equal rights and opportunities, protected and upheld by a rule of law. On this, we agree and I will fight to the death to defend those rights of free speech, free religion, free assembly, free expression, freedom from fear and from hostility and so on. Any system that denies people this is doomed to failure and DESERVES to fail. All men and women have a right to rise to whatever station they can attain. Likewise, if they are incapable of performing the duties said station requires of them, due either to lack of effort or ability, then that is just a fact of life and they should accept a different position. A ruler is not 'more important' than the ruled, but his/her job IS more demanding in different ways and has greater impact on the nation and the world and should be recognised as such.

Likewise, the uninformed should know when to shut the fuck up and let the professionals handle things. You wouldn't trust a fast food cook to fix an electrical substation, so why would you trust a borderline-illiterate highschool drop-out to vote on national policy? Both are dangerous for the individual and those around him!
>>
>>68014520
That said, if you don't want back in the empire, that's fine. Any regime that forces its rule on others, even for the common good, is going to eventually fall apart due to calls for independence. A new empire must be INVITED in and must EARN AND DESERVE the loyalty of its subjects, rather than demanding it.

If Aus and its people generally don't want the Empire back, then that's their lookout and best of luck to them.
>>
>>68013746
No shit. Why would we want our country full of poorfucks? If Australia is in a position where it is desirable to emigrate too, then we have the power to only pick the best people to let in. As if any other country would do any different. (Disregard Germany and Sweden please)
>>
>>68013767
transit one
>>
>>68013746
I remember in 2008 we changed our immigration rules so you can move here if you invest about £1,000,000 and it means you don't even need to take the English language test
>>
>>68014520
>>68014559
I understand this disenfranchisement that a lot of people are having with democracy, but I also think it's quite short sighted. Short sighted when you look back at the past at how bad pretty much every non-democratic governmental system goes 90% of the time, and short sighted for the future thinking that dictators or autocrats or some sort of feudal system would work or be uncorrupted.

Democracy has proven to be stable and difficult to corrupt when compared to other systems, because the people in charge are actually accountable to the people. I'm not saying it's a perfect system and it does need change in various degrees around the world, but I really do not believe moving away from a communal, inclusive style of government is the right way to go.

>why would you trust a borderline-illiterate highschool drop-out to vote on national policy? Both are dangerous for the individual and those around him!
it is very easy to go from "this man doesn't know what's best for him" to "we know what's best for this man". And then it's a short trip to authoritarianism in one of its many forms.
>>
File: stalin on voting.png (27KB, 700x788px) Image search: [Google]
stalin on voting.png
27KB, 700x788px
>>68014758
>>
>>68014758
Democracies are almost hilariously open to corruption; just not in the same way that, say, a despotism is. Plus, they tend towards two-party systems and from there, to ideological extremism.

I understand the need for checks and balances however. For example; an advisory committee of elected officials who serve up to a maximum of three, two-year terms and who have the power to delay or veto bills, or impeach members of the elite, but nothing beyond that. After all, as Confucius taught, it is the duty of the people to rebel against and reform a bad government. Far better that there is a measure for such built into a country's constitution, I say!

I'm not saying we need to go full collectivism, or full individualism; we have seen the follies of both. But democracy is not coping with the challenges of the modern world. Democracy in the west is corrupt; it is factional; it is unresponsive; it is weak; and it is designed from the ground up to be vulnerable to power-hungry demagogues who know how to use the mob to their advantage.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.