[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question for Europeans. Because of the European Union

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

File: Beautiful girl.jpg (803KB, 1536x2031px) Image search: [Google]
Beautiful girl.jpg
803KB, 1536x2031px
I have a question for Europeans.

Because of the European Union and of Schengen, how does it work for visa free travel? Usually you get like 3 months within 180 days in visa-free countries. I was wondering if the EU counts as a country for this purpose? Or can I stay 3 months in France then move to Germany for 3 months?

Planning a trip and I'm gonna hop from country to country, if it's 90 days within 180 days for the WHOLE EU I'll have to plan my trip accordingly and go in countries like Norway.
>>
>>67974091
Norway, Switzerland and Iceland are also in Schengen Zone. You can go for Balkans intead.
>>
>>67974154

That sucks major fucking balls tbqh, makes travelling so painful. I'm gonna try to get a work holiday visa in one country but if I can't I'm gonna have to figure out how to stay 1 year in Europe. I guess I could stay a while in the UK and Ireland, but I'd learn nothing of interest there.
>>
>>67974442
> I'm gonna try to get a work holiday visa in one country but if I can't I'm gonna have to figure out how to stay 1 year in Europe.

Getting a working holiday visa in Europe shouldn't be difficult for a Canadian. Some countries have a six month limit for you to work, but you can stay in the country for 1-2 years.

I'm in the same position. I'm interested in traveling to Europe on a working holiday visa, and I've been to Australia on one so I have some understanding of the process.
>>
>>67974520

Do I need to know the language? I assume for a regular visa you do but maybe it's different for a work holiday one. I was considering the Netherlands or Spain, I know some Spanish but my Dutch is very shit, I understand a decent amount of it but I can't use it myself.
>>
>>67974552

I'm considering Denmark or Poland, personally.

You don't need to know the language to apply for the visa. If you intend to work in the country, that's another matter. There is no language test to apply for a working holiday visa, but you may be required to know the language to actually apply for jobs. If you don't have an education (I don't) your best bet is to contact temporary work placement agencies beforehand to determine if they can give you a job without a language requirement.
>>
>>67974597

My plan was to get a job in a hostel or something, a country where young people all speak English probably make it easier. I mean we have people here in Montreal working in cafes and such without speaking one lick of French and while the situation is a bit different it still proves to me it's definitely possible.
>>
>>67974644

Yeah. As you assume, you don't need to know the national language to apply for and be accepted for a working holiday visa. You can apply in English, in most countries. It's up to the employer in regards to your language proficiency. If an employer only requires English, and is willing to hire a temporary worker, you're all set!

It doesn't hurt to learn the national language, though.
>>
>>67974695

Well, the whole project is to learn languages through immersion, so while I won't speak the language at first (not really well anyway) it should steadily get better.
>>
>>67974644
>I mean we have people here in Montreal working in cafes and such without speaking one lick of French and while the situation is a bit different it still proves to me it's definitely possible.
Well, yeah, in anglo areas

But unless you're just a busboy, it'd be almost impossible to do that in other areas
>>
Are you even sure that they'd give a shit?

I bet you could fly home from Poland or Croatia or something and they wouldn't even check.
>>
>>67974727

A worker with a work-and-travel visa isn't going to be given a visa by the employer - the entire point of work and travel is to hire temporary workers for seasonal work.

You can work under the intention of language immersion, but that's all you'll accomplish. You'll work, travel, and be exposed to the language.
>>
>>67974787

Well yeah that's what I want really, I ain't picky. I can't stay more than a year really, although if I get the visa and like the place I might find myself applying to unis and then get a real visa if I'm accepted. We'll see really.

Worse comes to worst I'll stay 3 months in Europe and still have fun.
>>
/trv/ should know more about this stuff. If they don't, you have just cause to ridicule them.

I don't think you need to know the language to apply for a job, but if you don't, you won't be beating most other applicants for most any job.

Still, not knowing the language or the culture is never a 100% impassable hurdle. I worked about a year hopping between various kindergartens and one had a Somalian woman that I couldn't communicate with at all. Used to wonder how she got the job, though somehow there were never any problems with her.
>>
as far as i know, a eu citizen has the right to move around the eu countries freely, but one can only spend a maximum of 6 month is the same country before regisering there for residence right.
>>
>>67974836

I'm in the same position. I want to work, travel, and possibly go to university in Europe. Even I don't know about the process of switching from a working holiday visa to a student visa. Most working holiday visas give you up to 6 months of study time, which is just about two semesters.

Wish us luck, bro.
>>
>>67974880
>/trv/ should know more about this stuff.

I thought slant-eyed moot was going to merge /trv/ and /int/, anyway.
>>
>>67975025
posting on /trv/ is a waste
Lucky to get a reply in two weeks to a thread
>>
>>67974769
We're not the US and he's not Mexican, retard.
>>
>>67976406
No need to drag us into this Paraguay
>>
>>67976457
Uruguay!
>>
>>67974091
If you are brown or black you can just walk into any country you like and stay there.You will get free housing, food and spending money.
>>
>>67974091
http://www.schengenvisainfo.com/tourist-schengen-visa/

>If you desire to stay longer than the allowed period of time, you will have to apply again in your embassy to prologue your visa.
>>
>>67974442
>I guess I could stay a while in the UK and Ireland, but I'd learn nothing of interest there.
Go fuck yourself, leaf.
>>
>>67977581

I love Ireland bro, I've stayed there 2 months. I want to learn languages and my English is already good enough. I don't think I could learn Irish really, unless I went to the very rare places where it,s still the commonly used language.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.