[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to vacation in Nicaragua in January. Anything I should

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

File: mnicarag.gif (33KB, 508x515px) Image search: [Google]
mnicarag.gif
33KB, 508x515px
Going to vacation in Nicaragua in January. Anything I should be aware of?
>>
>>67906441
Wear a construction hat, no one wants to shoot someone who is trying to help the country
>>
You're not going back
>>
>>67906478
>>67906469
What do you mean. The turn im going to looks very nice and historic, San Juan del sur
>>
>>67906441
San Juan del Norte is situated in the South of San Juan del Sur.
>>
>>67907123
OK, have you been before?
>>
Contras
>>
>>67906441
Why not Costa Rica?
>>
>>67908522
Shitty American satellite
>>
>>67906441
Don't ride in the bus with the locals
Avoid the street food.
Politely decline beggars and swindlers
>>
>>67908522
>>67908735
I've been to Costa Rica twice already (Tamarindo)

Once you've seen Juan, you've seen 'em all.
>>
>>67908024
No
>>
Don't take public transport. Don't explore the cities by night, and if you're going to do it by day you do it with a local.

That's pretty much how tourists avoid getting in trouble here, so I imagine is the same for that country.
>>
>>67906441
Go to granada. It's like antigua but with less tourists so feels less crowded.
>>
File: meterr.png (820KB, 1118x712px) Image search: [Google]
meterr.png
820KB, 1118x712px
>>67908522
>Tico con detectado

GET OUT REEEEE
>>
>nicaragua
I stayed at a """hotel""" where the front door was made of steel and the doorman had a shotgun when i was sent to Managua on business.

This is the place you are going to avoid doing dumb shit like going out alone or taking your expensive camera and phone anywhere
>>
File: imgres.jpg (11KB, 230x219px) Image search: [Google]
imgres.jpg
11KB, 230x219px
>>67906530
>San Juan del Sur

Great placed to get robbed or raped these days. Watch yourself.

Avoid the fucking pot-smoking backpackers and lock your shit up solid in a hostel. Those fucking deadbeats will rip you off blind for their next bag of weed.

Be careful around Masaya. There have been reports of fake police roadblocks, just general armed robberies in the middle of nowhere.
>>
>>67906441
Don't get yourself in too rural zones, the people tend to be somewhat more violent
>>
>>67915950
We're renting a nice new house via AirBNB. I'm just curious what the town is like. I hear it's better than Tamarindo in terms of tourists etc. I'm not sure what to expect though
>>
>>67916437
Hey! I went to Tamarindo over the summer and winter break, how does San Juan Del Sur compare?
>>
>>67916569
I think is more "tourist friendly", because it is actually one of the more visited places there. Apart from that, I think the weather and the environment is very similar (that's from a friend that went there, I have never visited)
>>
>>67916951
Alright cool, thanks for the info
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.