[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>I played a game >I've played a game >I had played

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

File: 1478101930518.jpg (19KB, 403x392px) Image search: [Google]
1478101930518.jpg
19KB, 403x392px
>I played a game
>I've played a game
>I had played a game
>A game has been played by me

Why do Anglos need like 3 tenses to express things that happened in the past? There's virtually no difference between them, why can't you just use a single tense like everybody else?
>>
>>67903686
You forgot "I was playing a game".
>>
>>67903686
>>67905266
>I had been playing a game
>I used to play a game

I had played a game is conditional, no? (If I had played a game then X, or If X then I had played a game)
A game was played by me is just convoluted and doesn't really count.
>>
>>67903686
Pelasin pelin.
Olen pelannut pelin.
Olin pelannut pelin.
Peli on minun pelaamani.

all these things are different, how could a language function without ways to say them?
>>
>>67905864
I had played a game is pluperfect. It's a different time form all together.

I play a game
I played a game
I have played a game
I had played a game

Last thursday Judy asked me to go to the arcade but I HAD already played a game.
compared to
Judy would've asked me to go to the arcade HAD I played a game before.
>>67905266
Pelasin peliä.
>>
>我玩了一個遊戲
>我已經玩完一個遊戲
>我以前玩完一個遊戲
>一個我玩過的遊戲

really make me think
>>
>>67905913
No they're not. They are actions in the past, you can't change whatever happened to them, so why are there so many variables?

The only logical way to speak is to have one past tense. one present tense. And one for future. Everything else is unnecessary.

Also your language probably follows the same logic as ours, so there's no way you needed to change so many words.

Játszottam egy játékkal
Játszottam egy játékkal
Játszottam egy játékkal
>>
>>67906462
>Also your language probably follows the same logic as ours, so there's no way you needed to change so many words.
Those are the most common and regular ways to say the sentences you listed in OP.

I'm guessing you just don't understand English enough to translate them properly into Hungarian because I know our languages are related and I'm unwilling to believe you wouldn't have the same three different past tenses (that are shared by basically every single language on earth).

This is not an Anglo thing. Swedes do the same, we do the same, French do the same, Germans do the same, hell even Latin does the same.
>>
>>67903686
>I played a game
>I've played a game
>I had played a game
all the same thing ffs
>>
>>67906798
>I'm guessing you just don't understand English enough to translate them properly into Hungarian
That was fucking rude.
"Hungarian has only one past tense, the nominative past tense, which corresponds to all English forms. For example, the past tense word mentem corresponds to the tenses I went, I was going, I had gone, I have gone. "

If you tell me your language is different, then I'm going to have to tell you, either you're full of shit or we're not related.
>>
>>67907336
we have all three past tenses just like any other languge I've ever learnt the basics of :v
>>
>>67903686
>Tfw when your language doesn't have any tense at all
>>
>>67908794
tell me more
>>
>>67903686
The second and last examples are the same thing, but the subject and object are switched. All of them mean different things.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.