[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw you'll never go to an American high-school in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 9.png (314KB, 500x392px) Image search: [Google]
9.png
314KB, 500x392px
>tfw you'll never go to an American high-school in the golden age of the U.S., the 1950's
>you won't live in a totally swell, suburbian house with a white picket fence and loving parents
>you'll never know what it feels like to have an actual future ahead of you
>with endless job opportunities and possibilities waiting just for you, as soon as you graduate
>but not before taking your crush to prom, and losing your virginity in the backseat of your car

Why even live?
>>
>>67838648
Best time and country to live, we still had rationing in the 50's.
>>
>Baby boomers
>>
>>67838648
This gives me a boner?
>>
>>67838648
This is a nice thought actually. But in the 1950's US people could get sick and have real problems too, I bet not everyone was living the dream.

And who knows man I know this wont be politically correct but maybe with a third world war there will come a golden age like that in some places too, maybe in europe.
>>
The 50s weren't all that great, given its massive amount of conformism (not to mention stuff like Jim Crow and the FBI's shenanigans). The 90s were the best time to be an American IMO, and >2016 ain't that bad.
>>
>>67838806
You missed it too though
>>
>>67838895
>Jim Crow was bad

Hello tyrone
>>
>>67838895
>2016 ain't that bad.

Hm, let's see. The world economy is still fucked, with another financial crisis already on the way. Global warming is ruining pretty much the entire planet, and is partially responsible for people migrating to Europe by the millions.
Corporations hold more power than ever, they are able to influence - buy out more like - any politician, change existing laws, introduce new ones, and basically do anything in order to find themselves in a favorable position. Pollution is at an all time high, our oceans are literally filled with trash and plastic, which is now getting into the ecosystem itself, which will very soon affect us continentals as well.

Monsanto and its buddies are pouring Roundup into the ground like there's no tomorrow, autism, gluten allergy, Crohn's disease are sharply on the rise (even though most of these things were very rare in the previous decades) and there's a very real connection between them and the use of Roundup, chemicals, preservatives, and the destruction of beneficial bacteria in the gut.
Also, everyone is being spied upon by either the NSA, Google, or both, and maybe your local flavor of government, such as in Russia. I'm not even going to say more, because I could write a whole book about everything that is wrong with the world today.

Yeah, 2016 ain't that bad.
>>
>>67840084
>Hm, let's see. The world economy is still fucked, with another financial crisis already on the way.

In the 1950s, the entire world outside of the US was so fucking poor that the US unironically accounted for 50% of the world's GDP despite having like 5% of its population. Not to mention that with the US taxes in the 1950s were through the roof, welfare didn't really exist (good luck if you were poor lol), your entire life could be ruined if somebody accused you of being a communist, and the first few years of that decade were spent fighting the Korean War (which had more than 10 times as many US casualties as Iraq and Afghanistan put together).
>>
>>67840084
>with the world today.

it's not about the world,it's about america. the world in the 50's was ABSOLUTE SHIT
>>
>>67840256
>In the 1950s, the entire world outside of the US was so fucking poor that the US unironically accounted for 50% of the world's GDP despite having like 5% of its population.

What if I told you, that 90% of wealth today is owned by 10% of the population?

https://www.mintpressnews.com/the-richest-10-percent-now-control-89-percent-of-the-worlds-wealth/222459/
>>
>>67840537
these 10% are simply cheaters... kek
but in capitalism cheating is legal so..
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.