[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What can Brazilians tell me about their indigenous tribes who

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 6

File: 41.jpg (70KB, 600x381px) Image search: [Google]
41.jpg
70KB, 600x381px
What can Brazilians tell me about their indigenous tribes who have yet to contact civilization?
>>
>>67829143
https://youtu.be/ETVNl4_IzHY?t=5m11s
>>
>>67829186
Why do they look and sound asian?
>>
>>67829330
They are closer genetically to like Indonesians or some shit
>>
File: tumblr_mqiaamQpCB1qf1xcgo1_500.jpg (83KB, 500x575px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mqiaamQpCB1qf1xcgo1_500.jpg
83KB, 500x575px
>>67829330
because they were originally from asia kek
>>
>>67829143
Why are they so small? Someone might step on them
>>
File: Dené-Yeniseian.svg.png (318KB, 1920x1116px) Image search: [Google]
Dené-Yeniseian.svg.png
318KB, 1920x1116px
>>67829330
Native Americans came from Siberia. Pic related, even some of their languages are still related to Asian languages.

>>67829383
Not Indonesians, Siberians.
>>
>>67829143
AFAIK they're not "uncontacted" but "isolated". they got word about the white man somehow and refuse to establish any form of contact with the southamerican governments

>>67829423
asian genes, as mentioned above
>>
>>67829461
thats your natives not ours
>>
>>67829186
Fascinating video, does anybody understand a word they're saying?

I heard some latin language at the beginning then it's just complete gibberish.

also why are they constantly scratching their balls lol
>>
they have many of them, an estimated 10% of brazilians speak native languages, such as tupi and guarini. Not all of those 10% are full native, but most are
>>
>>67829498
Your natives are basically the same as our natives genetically. They came over in the same migration from Siberia. Only the Inuit came over in a different migration.
>>
>>67829143
They're cannibals.
>>
>>67829555
nuh huh
http://www.smithsonianmag.com/science-nature/dna-search-first-americans-links-amazon-indigenous-australians-180955976/
>>
File: images.jpg (39KB, 600x315px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
39KB, 600x315px
>>67829532
>scratching
reaccomodating. it's what happens when you don't wear proper boxers

>>67829556
AFAIK they only eat the dead
something to do with absorbing his powers and all that animistic crap
>>
File: perovazdecaminha.jpg (35KB, 240x320px) Image search: [Google]
perovazdecaminha.jpg
35KB, 240x320px
>>67829532
they are speaking cayapó which is literally a general 1700s language spoken in Brazil, I can't understand shit, but when they say "Are you guys from Peru? This Brazil" and keep on repeating "PERU PERU PERU", and they look surprised and say "PERÓ?", which means "Portuguese" in Tupi, and this name came because one of the first portuguese explorers in Brazil was Pero Vaz de Caminha
>>
>>67829658
>The DNA that links these groups had to come from somewhere. Because the groups have about as much in common with Australians as they do with New Guineans, the researchers think that they all share a common ancestor that lived tens of thousands of years ago in Asia but that doesn’t otherwise persist today. One branch of this family tree moved north to Siberia, while the other spread south to New Guinea and Australia. The northern branch likely migrated across the land bridge in a separate surge from the Eurasian founders.
Ok so they mixed with the ancestors of native Americans before coming to the Americas. It's not like Austronesians sailed across the Pacific and landed in South America.
>>
>>67829679
I think I read somewhere that a tribe in Papua New Guinea or something practiced cannibalism and they had this mysterious disease called kuru or something, people would start convulsing and later they died ,and basically this happened because they ate their dead. I wonder if this happens to Latin American indians as well?

>>67829681
Even more fascinating. Are you implying their native language kept the name of the first white devil that set foot upon their lands and was handed down each generation for hundreds of years?
>>
>>67830035
>Are you implying their native language kept the name of the first white devil that set foot upon their lands and was handed down each generation for hundreds of years?
yeap, Tupi was widely spoken by the colonists and the jesuits until the XVIII century, almost all the documents until the XVIII were written in Tupi. The Portuguese allied themselves with the Tupi tribe which was the coast natives and as a result they and the portuguese expanded their culture Brazil Wide, and the jesuits taught them civilization and catholicism, also the reason why racemixing was so common too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ant%C3%B3nio_Filipe_Camar%C3%A3o
>>
>>67830035
if one of the dead were to have the kuru virus or another one, then yeah everyone would be infected
when it comes to a dead relative, all the tribe eats him, when it comes to a enemy felled in battle i think only the warrior who killed him gets to eat him
either way, i think i read kuru was related to a specific germ that caused encephalitis and turned the person's brain to mush,like "mad cow disease"

>Are you implying their native language kept the name of the first white devil that set foot upon their lands and was handed down each generation for hundreds of years?
well they don't have TV or anything to distract themselves with, why not? just imagine all those bards in the Medieval Ages and translate it to jungle people
>>
>>67830276
I never would've thought primitive tribes without writing would have such a long collective memory. Impressive. I really ought to learn more about Latin America, and its history.

>>67830308
Totally gross. Although. According to some scientists, at the dawn of civilization, almost all humans had practiced cannibalism, and it had a positive effect on our evolution. I can't remember why anymore though.
Still. It's extremely gross.

Also unrelated: I watched the video completely, how come there were white people there? Also won't the tribe get sick like indians first did when European arrived?
>>
>>67830276
But those indians aren't related to the colonists.
>>
>>67830834
>But those indians aren't related to the colonists.
Yeah but somehow they still have some of the words that the colonists spoke. Also the natives languages in the XVII century due to intense portuguese and tupi presence developed a General Language (Língua Geral Brasílica) which was spoken by all tribes and had some variances among regions. Hence why they know some tupi words like kururu, peró, cayapó and some other while speaking a different stuff
>>
>>67830823
"the tribe in your pic isn't the same as the tribe in the video" is the only explanation i can think of
>>
>>67830823
>I watched the video completely, how come there were white people there? Also won't the tribe get sick like indians first did when European arrived?
It's in Acre, a really poor state in North Brazil, also these guys are probably from the Brazilian government or some NGO to protect the natives and restore native culture (teach them the language and stuff). You can hear some children speaking another native language and also portuguese, also the short native fat guy with shorts trying to speak with the guys. Also there are white people everywhere in Brazil kek. Just some places with less and some other with more
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.