[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

being rich in a third world country or being poor in first world

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_6716.png (192KB, 711x633px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6716.png
192KB, 711x633px
being rich in a third world country or being poor in first world country.Which one would you choose?
>>
being rich in a third world country is better than being rich in the first world
>>
Rich in a third world country

> you would even be richer
>>
>>67809109
Middle class in second world
>>
>>67809109
middle class in a second world country
>>
>>67809141
Not so much. I think there'd be more kidnapping attempts because there're fewer rich people as first world countries.
>>
Would you rather be a Greek in Turkey, or a Turk in Greece?
>>
>>67809591
Rich be control things in the 3rd world even more than they do in the first world.

You'd basically be a walking god.
>>
>>67809591
there is plenty of crime here for the rich, just a different kind

if crime is a form of taxation it's still a better price in poorer countries
>>
>>67809109
I aspire to be the first one. I would build useful shit and create more jobs. I would build myself a trump tower but with my name.
>>
Rich in a third world country.

But really rich, not "middle class thinking they're rich" rich.
>>
>>67809611
Yes, you can control politics even more.
Here a rich guy (Luksic) stated he was powerful to influence a lot of things.

>>67809630
Yeah, and you can buy a lot of places only for yourself (like the jewish are doing with the south here, I heard).
>>
>>67809141
lol no. You're forgetting all the things that come with a first world country that you can't buy. Shit to do, low crime, good roads, clean water, starbucks coffee, fast internet, shit to spend your money on.
In a third world country there's no working FDA or EPA so for all you know the food you eat will make you sick for a month. Even if you cook your own food in your own kitchen where are you going to get fish that you know isn't riddled with mercury?
>>
>>67809772
>Shit to do, low crime, good roads, clean water, starbucks coffee, fast internet, shit to spend your money on
rich rich as in if i were rich in first world country i wouldn't be driving in the first place rich
so these infrastructure problems is of no concern

you can get a flat by central park with maybe 1 butler and 1 chauffeur

or you can get a mansion with a kitchen crew plus maids, there are things even first worlders cannot do
>>
>>67809822
And where would you go? There's no six flags in Pakistan. No Vegas, no 5-star restaurants, no major museums, no major acts come through, no sports except soccer and cricket. Nothing to see except "local color".
If you just want to sit in a large house all day and never leave and slow internet doesn't bother you than you might like it just fine, otherwise you'd hate it. But if that really was all you wanted why wouldn't you just get a modest sized house in a country with better amenities?

t. person who's been to third world countries.
>>
>>67809939
rich people don't go do these places you know
and their internet is not provided by regular isp

i have also been to 3rd world countries but amenities there is a reason why all the rich people don't want to live in society like the rest of us, either on top or far away
>>
>>67809984
bro...
>>
>>67809984
>>67810062

i meant to say amenities is of no concern
they can just buy a helicopter and fly to the international airport and go to some rich country and enjoy their amenities

the business class flights on those international liners have individual showers

travel isn't an inconvenience for them

you just don't have the rich people mindset
>>
>>67809939
You can get those things in third world countries, like here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sZRN1wMFEwA
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m01_8WLCYa0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ot0i7Fay8tk
>>
>>67810080
You want to take a helicopter ride every time you want to go do something?
There is no "rich people mindset". The 1% doesn't just go to fancy balls and drink tea with their pinkies out. Take all the stuff you like doing now and that's the same stuff you'd like doing if you had more money.
Disney world doesn't stop being fun once you're in the 1% and no one is rich enough to build their own Disney World. And you also will never be able to afford running your own private fiber cable to your house.
>>
>>67810112
I'm not impressed tbphwyf
>>
>>67810238
they don't go to those places all the time either
rich people are different from other people because they enjoy working, the stuff they have in life is built around work not just taking advantage of infrastructure

there are rich layabouts that do drink tea, attend social events all their life and generally need to be seen but that is not the norm, when was the last time anyone say a rothchilds
>>
>>67810292
say = saw*
>>
>>67809109
the first
>>
>>67810268
I mean...you dont have to be, but you can have the same amount of entertainment that you have in a non thrid world country.
>>
>>67810238
kek, oh you sweet summer child.

Rich people fucking hate the lower classes. They don't want to go to Disneyland because they would absolute despise being with the plebs.

I have family friends who've done caretaker work for legit super rich types.

Heres a story, one time this guys daughters too a flight from SoCal to paris just to go shopping. They bought $25,000 worth of stuff and it was no big deal to them, it was like it was a common activity.

They don't think like you and me
>>
>>67810292
Like I said. Think of what you like to do and think about if doing those things would be convenient if you lived in Durqadurqastan.
The most expensive real estate in the world is in first would country city centers for a reason.
>>
>>67810378
>The most expensive real estate in the world is in first would country city centers for a reason.

You have to be a millionaire to live in the literal city centers of big cities though.
>>
>>67809772
You are full of shit
>>
>>67810365
Have you ever taken a 12 hour flight before? It fucking sucks no matter what class you're in. planes suck. Airports suck. going to airports sucks. There is no amount of money you can spend that will make LAX not smell like shit.
>>
>>67810378
for the plebs upstarts
rich people don't even operate in the same world

their most important possession isn't their house, that's why they own so many, they can do their job anywhere in the world, they don't do what we do
they work 14 hours a day and listen to personal maestro at the piano for a few hours and go to bed

you can do that anywhere, at least any place they have personal musicians for hire

they don't "party everyday and they certain don't do to clubs
>>
>>67810447
go to*
>>
>>67810447
hol up. so you're saying that if you were in the 1% all you would want to do is listen to someone play piano for a bit? Warren Buffett is just a regular guy, he's not Scrooge McDuck.
At this point you're not even talking about how you'd like to live, you're imagining how a made-up Gatsby style archetype would like to live.
>>
>>67810441
They fly on private jets you pleb kek. They don't have to deal with waiting or sitting with strangers in cramped cabins.
>>
>>67810589
i certainly wouldn't go to disney
and warren buffet travels all the time, he looks like a normal guy but he is a workaholic
>>
Rich people do not live "in some country". The whole world is open for them.
>>
Being rich in the poorest country isn't that bad. Most of those people just end up going to private schools and then going abroad for university. Return home and continue to get dat generational privilege. You are basically passed down the wealth and live an elite lifestyle from birth.

Being poor in a rich country sucks except maybe in the strongest welfare states/ you still need to feel comfortable being a poorfag to idealize poverty tier NEET lifestyles.
>>
>>67810636
Maybe you wouldn't but lots of 1%ers do. Look up Club 33.
>>
>>67810663
for the new urban rich
>>
>>67809109
poor in first world cunt

living poor in a rich country is still 100x better than living rich in a poor country
>>
be lebanese instead
>>
>>67810687
I assumed we were talking about nouveau riche. Old money doesn't fly to Paris for shopping sprees or any of that other gaudy shit you're imagining.
>>
>>67810693
but if you're a rich saudi you can just go to europe for fun and stuff while you enjoy the cheap prices at home
>>
Depends on your definition of rich.
If you mean ''can afford a big house and private schools for the kids'', then poor in the first world
If you mean ''multi-millionaire who owns the country'', then rixh in the third world
>>
>>67810738
>If you mean ''can afford a big house and private schools for the kids'', then poor in the first world

That's not poor in first world. You have to be at least upper-middle class to have that.
>>
>>67810715
new rich go where their jobs are, they don't have to freedom to live anywhere
so being rich in the third world isn't an option
>>
>>67810735
yeah, no.
>>
>>67810735
Don't those fuckin Saudis get like $40,000 grand a year by the gov for free?

Fucking oilnigger cunts
>>
Rich in a thirld world country.
>Law enforcement is even more lenient on you than in first world countries
>Government officials, politicians and law enforcement are even easier to bribe
>Rest of the world doesn't seem to care what you do
>>
>>67810901
Lifestlye isn't any different no matter where you are when your rich.

Rich people only ever complain about laws preventing them from doing stuff they want to do. That's why it's better to be in the third world where they'll let you do whatever you want practically.
>>
>>67810929
Exactly. Even dodgier politicians and enough wealth to create a buffer from most of the bad shit they do.
>>
>>67810767
Being nouveau riche or old money has nothing to do with how much money you have.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.