[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know that Japan built a huge bridge in the Congo, across

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 6

File: Pont Marechal.jpg (684KB, 1100x825px) Image search: [Google]
Pont Marechal.jpg
684KB, 1100x825px
Did you know that Japan built a huge bridge in the Congo, across the Congo River in the port city of Matadi? It's one of the biggest suspension bridges in all of Africa. Why is Japan such a nice country that gives other countries free bridges?
>>
File: norelie-119[1].jpg (2MB, 3258x2191px) Image search: [Google]
norelie-119[1].jpg
2MB, 3258x2191px
>>
nothing is free they have to return the materials used
>>
File: 45929768[1].jpg (54KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
45929768[1].jpg
54KB, 1024x768px
The bridge required over 14,000 tonnes of high-quality steel designed to survive in Congo's humid tropical environment.
>>
File: 000000.jpg (40KB, 660x411px) Image search: [Google]
000000.jpg
40KB, 660x411px
They also want to help financially this bridge over the Canal.
Why are they, this generous?
>>
File: pont-marechal[1].jpg (279KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pont-marechal[1].jpg
279KB, 1024x768px
>>
File: RDC_Arrivee_Boma_20060412_21[1].jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
RDC_Arrivee_Boma_20060412_21[1].jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
The bridge has very tall clearance so that large ships can reach the port facility in Matadi. Matadi is the largest port in Congo.
>>
>>67805909
>Why is Japan such a nice country that gives other countries free bridges?

Because the Japanese economy survives only by printing ridiculous amount of money they on a big part hand over to construction industry.
Hence why Japan is covered with massive and overexpensive highways piercing through mountains and flying over valleys only to go to shitty deserted villages inhabited by 10 dying 95 years old senile geezers who can't drive.

Of course, you can only cover your country so much, and they most likely had too much printed money at some point with no Japan-based project in sight, so they just used it for this instead.
>>
It is because it is much effective than giving actual aid money to their corrupted government.
>>
>>67806913
This makes sense.
I actually wonder why we don't help more with infrastructure in impoverished countries, rather than just blindly throw money at them and hope their leaders put it to good use (which they won't).
>>
>>67805909
I'm pretty sure they'd have to pay that back and it became debt
>>
Japan actually trying to improve their countries instead of just letting them flood into their own country and displace the native people.

Wish our retarded leaders learned from their example.
>>
>>67806913
It's because >>67806619 actually.
>>
>>67807089

China is basically doing mass infrastructure projects inside and outside China.

Also the train is yet to be/ no longer in use.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.