[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What are the tipping practices in your country? I heard if you

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_1405.jpg (29KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1405.jpg
29KB, 400x300px
What are the tipping practices in your country?

I heard if you don't do it in America, the servers will abduct your family and murder your favorite pet.
>>
A new thing in small cafes and restaurants now is that when you swipe your card, they show you a screen that gives you tipping buttons. For cheap cafes it's $1, $2, and $3, but for pricier places it's percentage increments of 15, 17, and 20

Unironically you don't want to tip below 15 if you ever plan on coming back to a place
>>
>>67677287
Here we mostly give them the rest of the change, they are required by law to get at least minimum wage so anything else is a bonus.
>>
I work in a restaurant. I make all my money from tips. I get paid 2 dollars an hour, half of which is taken away in taxes.
Tipping is how I pay my bills. I can usually get several hundred a week. 100$ a day on a good day is normal.
>>
not required & tax is in the price.

however some stores do have a tip jar which you are not required to put anything in
>>
>>67678965
That is a fucking disgusting and stupid system.
>>
>>67678965
Fucking hell
>>
>>67681332

Most tip jars are more "I cant be fucked carrying silvers from change around" from my experience.
>>
>>67681737
When you do the math it comes out to usually making 10-14 dollars an hour. If I work all day or double shifts I usually leave with 100+ cash in my pocket.

It's just the way it is. It's American culture, we make our money from the generosity of others. I don't have a set income and make more or less every day.
>>
>>67681877
How did the interview go ? You said "I don't want to be paid a fair wage, I'd rather you keep the money and tip me $2 an hour for working for you" ?
>>
>>67677370
thats retarded. americans are mentally ill

do you tip at mcdonalds?
>>
>>67682200
You don't tip at fast food restaurants.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 400x400px
It's common for Americans to tip their bullet delivery man 7.62%

Do other countries tip their delivery folks?
>>
>>67681877
So employer doesn't have to pay you real salary when you get tips from customers :DDD ebin
>>
>>67682200
It really has gotten out of control in this country in the last few years.

It just used to be a custom for great service in a traditional restaurant, now it has expanded to anything involving food or drink--to the point of businesses rudely demanding it in one way or another.

>t. buy a soda for 1.50, business expects me to leave a fucking tip for them pressing a cup against the soda fountain.
>>
File: Tipping the waiter.jpg (46KB, 325x249px) Image search: [Google]
Tipping the waiter.jpg
46KB, 325x249px
>>67682365
Tell them their business is not on the federal list of accredited stores and trades allowed to receive tips and that it's against the law to tip unauthorized businesses.
Then tell them that they should send a letter to the tipping division of the federal court if they want to know the requirements to be added on the list.
>>
>>67677287
In Bulgaria we usually tip a small amount (5-10%), but it is in no way trated as some compulsory bullshit like in the USA.

Most often I'd just round up the bill and leave some because I'd like to just go after I'm done eating as opposed to wait for the change. For example, if the bill amounts to 18.75, I'd leave a 20 and be done with it.

In more expensive restaurants, a decent tip is more or less expected, but the only dude who gives a damn if you leave anything is the waiter, I've never been to a place where you're obliged to tip.

Generally, we only tip if the service was good. Sour cunts hating their job waiting tables should fuck off if they think they're better than that. It's not any of my business to pay someone else's employees. In this regard Americans are especially retarded.
>>
How do Americans know who they're supposed to tip? I feel like if I went to the states I'd constantly be trying to figure out if I'm supposed to tip literally every worker I come across.

Why tip the waiter but not the cashier etc
>>
>>67682680
Same here.
>>
>>67682678
geez, someone's getting laid in college
>>
I just tip my fedora.
>>
File: spurdowalkin.gif (1MB, 633x344px) Image search: [Google]
spurdowalkin.gif
1MB, 633x344px
>>67681877
And do you pay taxes for those tips?
>>
>>67678965
>American economy
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.