[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Are south European people (Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians, Greeks)

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 7

File: France and Southern Europe.png (48KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
France and Southern Europe.png
48KB, 500x500px
Are south European people (Spaniards, Portuguese, Italians, Greeks) happier in general?
I even hardly ever see you guys on depressing imageboards, it seems like you have real lives.

Is it just my impression or is it super nice to live in say Italy? The country seems mellow, you have high life expectancy and beautiful customs and friendliness and good family relations.

PS Not sure about France, but you seem better off than say Germans or Poles when it comes to enjoying life and not being thoughtless drones.
>>
>>67674658
>PS Not sure about France, but you seem better off than say Germans or Poles when it comes to enjoying life and not being thoughtless drones.

Southern french are like spaniards or italians, northern french are like germans or brits
>>
That is because their countries and societies are more adapted to leisure time.

No job in Italy? Who cares every is unemployed, go drink an espresso and spend the rest of the day at the beach.

No job in Germany? Noone wants to have anything to do with you, sit all day in your commieblock appartment and listen to your turkish neighbor beating up his wife.
>>
>>67674706
Good to know!

>>67674773
Hilarious. I really do hate the German work culture, altough it's not as extreme and depressing as that of Japan for example. I worked in Germany and native Germans were an hour earlier than their work started just to hang around, and they were super serious about their job - felt like it was their 2nd home.
>>
File: nordtugal.png (279KB, 1510x980px) Image search: [Google]
nordtugal.png
279KB, 1510x980px
>>67674658
We're the exception, but yeah, the rest of them are. We're considerably more stoic and reserved, stereotypically.

We top the charts of anti-depressants and alcohol and even our language is closed and sounds Russian or Polish.

We do not party as hard as the other guys and our national music is sad and nostalgic and a bit depressing.

We're the Finns of the southern countries, and about as autistic as the Brits, I'd say.
>>
>>67674898
I thought of not including you guys in the list but then I thought it wasn't that bad. My condolences.
I can also confirm - your language does sound Russian.
>>
>>67674658
>I even hardly ever see you guys on depressing imageboards, it seems like you have real lives.
Are you fucking kidding? Visit /esp/ to see real depression
>>
>>67675065
It's quite alright, mate. It's our way of being. Portugal is very insular in a lot of ways, and we've ended up mostly Atlantic and not that Mediterranean, which always seems to surprise foreigners.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bG40DApWEpg
>>
>>67675097
Well to be honest, the spaniards in 4chan are the real autists of the country.
>>
>>67675219
>>67675097
I'm sure it gets worse when you live in Chad country, so they come here in a worst state that people from autistic countries.
>>
File: 4L_M9BESBlu.jpg (332KB, 1080x1349px) Image search: [Google]
4L_M9BESBlu.jpg
332KB, 1080x1349px
It has to do a lot with the weather, too. Warmer climates make people happier (although also lazier).

For example when I feel depressed I just go outside and let the sun shine over me, it really helps me. Meanwhile I lived for a time in a place with cold wether and I felt depressed most of my time there (in exchange it made me more productive because instead of going outside I stayed inside and made homework or read some books, or helped cleaned my house).
>>
I only work in summer. Rest of the year I live in the summer house of my parents taking care of plants and dogs. They pay me for this. Every weekend I go to the center of the city to play role games and watch anime in a kind of otaku and comic club-shop. I have sex with teenage otaku girls there.

If I'm happy? Well I'm living in the paradise.
>>
>>67675203
What does it mean to be "Atlantic"? And are you sometimes jelly of your more outgoing neighbours' spirit?

>>67675284
Are South Americans also similar to European cousins? Would it be safe to say that being poorer/living in more dangerous countries makes you significantly less happy on the whole?
>>
>>67675373
>Are South Americans also similar to European cousins?
They're on another level.
>>
>>67674898
>our language is closed
what do you mean by that?
>>
>>67675373
>Would it be safe to say that being poorer/living in more dangerous countries makes you significantly less happy on the whole?

Seems like it's the exact opposite most of the time. If the people aren't starving to death poor that is.
>>
>>67674898
Our """depression""" is part of our culture
>>
>>67675424
I has a lot of closed vowels, I meant. It's also stress-timed, not syllable-timed.

>>67675373
>What does it mean to be "Atlantic"?
Fish and depression. The sea is a lot more violent. Our beaches are cold and windy for most of the year (compared to the Mediterranean), with the exception of the Algarve, and we get a lot more rain than Spain, mostly because of our mountains. We get to look at shit like this on our coast:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtVQJCq2cCM

By "we" I am also including Galicia, which shares our geography.

>And are you sometimes jelly of your more outgoing neighbours' spirit?
No, we despise it. We like quiet, and Spaniards can be loudmouthed as fuck. I guess autists never like that sort of thing.

>>67675484
That's what I meant, yes.
>>
>>67675243
>I'm sure it gets worse when you live in Chad country
I'd like to see all the faggots from /r9k/ living in southern europe. They would commit suicide in less than a week.
>>
>>67675656
Or the beta uprising would come faster...
>>
>>67674658
Greeks have a lot of underlying sadness, but it doesn't show that much.
But, yeah Greeks are more sociable and like to enjoy life more.

>tfw you suck at being Greek
>>
>>67675373
>Would it be safe to say that being poorer/living in more dangerous countries makes you significantly less happy on the whole

About being poor?? Not really, as long as people here have money to buy food they really not care that much about being poor. Of course, we wish we were richer.

Living in more dangerous countries does make you feel less happy, that's obvious, I mean not fearing for you life is awesome. Latino American people are very happy people in average, but yeah, some of them (the ones who are poor as shit) are always worried about violence and all that.
>>
>>67675558
>Our beaches are cold and windy for most of the year
Interesting, never thought about that. Is it more like California north of LA?
>>
>>67674658
hope this night I will never wake up 2bh, lads
>>
>north France is Southern Europe
>Croatia isn't
>>
>>67674864
>depressing as that of Japan

japan work 'culture' is 10/10 you silly slav
>>
>>67675823
Maybe? I wouldn't know. They are quite alright in the summer when it's sunny all the time.

In the winter they get a different colour. The Atlantic is very dark, compared to the Pacific. Think New Jersey, except not dirty, and not as cold (the coldest it gets near the Ocean is 5ÂșC on most of the country). The wind does get chilly as fuck.

Most of them have these stone pylons to make them nicer for a swim, and everyone still goes to the beach in the summer.
>>
>>67675922
This. When I was in erasmus I found croatians personality very similar to Italians, spaniards, portuguese and southern france.

Honestly I never noticed portuguese people being unhappy when we are in group with other people, I think we are more authentic, we follow certain rules of class but nothing is forced
>>
>>67676076
Ah nah you probably still have it much warmer there. Most of CA is pretty uncomfortable even in the summer. SF is just plain freezing cold. But the east coast is definitely warmer. You just mentioned windy and that sounds more like West coast/pacific when I think of the US.
>>
spain is hell
>>
>>67676183
>Honestly I never noticed portuguese people being unhappy when we are in group with other people
Oh, I agree. But we are a lot more pessimistic and sarcastic, generally. Which is why I compared us to the Brits in that regard.
>>
>>67676254
>spain is pain
u blew it
>>
File: 1479673268192.jpg (174KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479673268192.jpg
174KB, 1080x1080px
>>67675558
The rain in Spain falls mainly in Portugal.
>>
>>67676490
the pain in spain is mostly when it rains
>>
>>67675656
How would that difficulty manifest in a country like Spain?
>>
>>67674658
because we're richer,healthier and more intelligent than eastern europeans like poles.No wonder you guys kill yourselves so much,your history is all about getting cucked by other civilizations
>>
File: 475.jpg (1MB, 1079x1619px) Image search: [Google]
475.jpg
1MB, 1079x1619px
>>67674658
Every time I see an Albanian or Turkish flag I get depressed, knowing we still have work to do.
>>
File: 1452048065704.png (191KB, 438x420px) Image search: [Google]
1452048065704.png
191KB, 438x420px
>>67674658
>portuguese people
>happy
>>
File: DckRcmx.jpg (46KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
DckRcmx.jpg
46KB, 500x500px
>>67674658
>Portuguese people
>happy

Portugal is chronic depression: the country
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.