[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

wtf happens here? why is most of USA composed of fuckhuge states,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

wtf happens here?
why is most of USA composed of fuckhuge states, bigger than most Euro countries combined, but this area has 92348234823 small states?
>>
That area is more densely populated than the rest of the US because it was settled (by Europeans) first. It's also the most relevant part of the US.
>>
>>67614391
Original colonies.
They liked it smol, and it's densely populated.
The fuckhuge states are sparsely populated.
Think about how Russia is, everyone is on the west side, but Siberia is a lot of land with little people (although the US is not to that extent).
>>
File: kansas-county-map.jpg (158KB, 800x459px) Image search: [Google]
kansas-county-map.jpg
158KB, 800x459px
That's where the settlers arrived. By the time they got beyond the Mississippi they stopped caring about administrative divisions and started drawing huge rectangles.
>>
>>67614477
>>67614506
i thought places like Texas, California and Washington are full of people
>>
>>67614506
>>67614477
California and Florida have a high population density
>>
>>67614391
We got a bunch of useless land out west so the government just started drawing lines.
>>
File: 1.jpg (16KB, 228x239px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
16KB, 228x239px
>>67614576
holy shit
>>
>>67614606
That's true, I forgot to add them as exceptions.
Their main population comes from a few very dense cities, still.
Most US states would be considered not very dense at all by yuro standards.
>>
The further west you go the more the states were drawn up in a map room somewhere without regard to actual facts. Same as the ridiculous borders in other ex-colonies. See especially: Iraq.
>>
>>67614606
>>67614616
They didn't have a high population density when the borders were drawn.
>>
>>67614576
Those county borders are triggering to someone from the east coast. Over here we have historical reasons for our borders. Out west is just a fucking mess.
>>
>>67614740
Why don't you just redraw them acording to river, mountains, Amerindian territoires ...
>>
>>67614879
>>67614740
whats the point of those borders anyway?
>>
>>67614975
Administration, mostly.
>>
>>67615030
i mean the inner state borders, i understand that american states have different laws and shit
>>
>>67614879
>river, mountains
A lot of that land is just one big field. The parts that aren't are completely mountains due to the rocky mountains.
>Amerindian territories
That would require actually giving a fuck about the natives. The US government was more concerned about sectioning it off into farmland.
>>
>>67615099
And I mean administration. Those are counties.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.