[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what is a good language to learn? i do not care about difficulty

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

File: 93536385.jpg (598KB, 2159x1619px) Image search: [Google]
93536385.jpg
598KB, 2159x1619px
what is a good language to learn? i do not care about difficulty however i am not learning chinese, or korean fuck that.. also i am not learning french because fuck france.
so my question is basically what is a good second language that can be useful to learn, i was thinking spanish because of how many people speak it, or german.
>>
Japanese so you can watch anime without subs and impress everyone.
>>
arabic

it is your future
>>
>>67541051
>German
>Good
Pick one.
>>
>>67541076
not much else you can do with japanese though is there..
>>
>>67541137
lol does your country even have water? get your landlocked ass outta here
>>
>>67541051
It would depend on your current situation.
I'm learning English now because high-demand will be expected in Tokyo 2020 Olympics.
>>
>>67541191
chav """education"""
>>
>>67541137
t.Frog
>>
>>67541404
t. Yusuf
>>
I'm in a similar boat, I kind of want to learn Japanese but it's intimidating and I know that it takes 2-3x longer than just about anything else.
I already know some French but don't want to learn it. The only language I conceive being useful here is Chinese and there's no fucking way I'm learning that.
>>
>>67541345
good one mate, english it is then, im gonna learn english
>>
>>67541541
yeah chinese is like close to impossible if you weren't born there, i have many chinese friends who can barely speak it let alone read/write
>>
Pick a country you actually like. You can't study to fluency, after a certain point you need to use the language to improve. Spanish may sound useful but if you don't actually want to talk to anyone from Spain, or read Spanish books, or watch Spanish tv, you're not going to get anywhere. Intermediate hell is the casual filter of language learning, you can coast along until you reach the point where you've exhausted study resources and need to hike out on your own to use the language. This is where you get people who are eternally B1 level and talk about how they studied for 5 years but still suck at the language.
>>
study latin and read some old literature with it
>>
spanish or french
fuck the chinese
>>
Spanish.
>>
>Took 2 years of German in high school
>Took another 2 years in College
>German was required for chemistry degree
>Grandparents were from Germany

Nobody to practice with. Rusty, rusty, rusty....

Get a job working for a Swiss company.
Fly to HQ for meeting / orientation
Decide to try the old German
LAUGHTER , "We speak english, anon"
[Whimper]

KILL ME
Will never use German again, ever.
>>
>>67541140
Not him but Japanese is one of the most beautiful languages in the world tbqh
>>
>>67541140

I think you could gain a lot from interacting with Japanese folk in their native language 2bh. Anume aside.
>>
>>67541051
No language is useful if you already speak English. You'll never use a foreign language to broker business deals or whatever kike lie the media uses to subtly push multiculturalism and sell language CDs.

Learn a language because you enjoy it, not because of some vague "usefulness".
>>
>>67541051
toki pona
>>
Arabic is already pretty British you should start there mate.
>>
>>67546168
Like what? I can't see it being different from interacting with any other culture in terms of "gaining a lot"
>>
>>67546364
He means getting the sideways chink pussy.
>>
File: ghIlghameS.jpg (66KB, 422x662px) Image search: [Google]
ghIlghameS.jpg
66KB, 422x662px
>>67541051
Klingon
>>
Either learn a language that you have a personal interest in or don't learn anything at all. It's much easier to learn a language if you actually admire their culture or nation
>>
File: IMG_20161116_144903.jpg (2MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161116_144903.jpg
2MB, 2592x1944px
>>67541051
CYKA BLYAD U KNOW WHAT U MUST LEARN
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
I'm learning Portuguese, the language itself is fucking beautiful and the "Paulistana" accent from Sao Paulo is awesome to me. The Italian influence in accent and vibe heavy and it just sounds prettier as a language than Spanish.

To any Brazilians or Portuguese people, please fucking tell me what I have to do to be able to understand you speak? Do I have to sell my soul to satan? Do I have to perform occultist rituals? No matter how hard I try I can't understand Portuguese speech but I can read and write it with ease.
>>
File: hitler_media.webm (3MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hitler_media.webm
3MB, 640x360px
>>67545767
>Grandparents were from Germany
>>
German since you don't want learn French
>>
spanish or german
you are in yurop afterall
>>
>>67541051
You could learn English as I see you can't write it at all.
>>
tupi
>>
Tons of business is done in spanish here.
>>
>>67541051
Dutch. Smerige kankervarken
>>
>>67541051
Ancient latin or Ancient Greek
>>
>>67545816
McDonald - Magudonarudo
>>
>>67541051
German is not too hard and sounds great, it will also open a new world in the internet. Cases and grammar is far more varied than English though.
Spanish will also give you similar content and the language is far easier.
For special snowflake points learn Norwegian or Dutch, they are a fucking joke, its english but with different words
>>
>>67541051
B-but I like you :'(
>>
>Spanish
Do you want to talk to Spanish or Latin Americans?
>Chinese
Do you want to talk to commies on the opposite side of the world?
>All Germans speak English
So you can speak German with them
>>
>>67553562
Makudo Narudo
>>
>>67541404
I'm a frog and love german
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.