[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here actually learned enough Japanese to watch movies,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 1478891874396.png (325KB, 480x716px) Image search: [Google]
1478891874396.png
325KB, 480x716px
Has anyone here actually learned enough Japanese to watch movies, tv shows, read their literature?

What's it like?
>>
>>67509659
>What's it like?
embarassing, because there's no other use in real life for it
>>
the biggest mistake learners make, without or without anime media is the pronoun usage and the use of their titles
japanese is a language with a lot of forms so you have to use the right one or else you will sound like a child, anime goes out of their way to mix up the forms and at times a japanese teacher would use her/his form without telling the student that they would based on their relation to the speaker use another form
there is quite a bit of distinction between modern live action japanese talk jidaigeki talk and anime talk so as a serious leaner you need to know the difference and apply them
>>
Is Japanese worth learning unless you are an huge anime/mangaboo?
>>
>>67509962
>tfw you've met one hairy and 6 foot tall foreigner guy with beard who says like a teenager girl using あたし as a 1st person

2bh using improper pronouns and/or archaic form of verb or pronouns is a normal stereotype of "foreign otaku's" japanese
>>
I can understand some things they say without subtitles, more than I would like
>>
>>67509855
enjoying culture is a good enough reason
>>
>>67510015
of course

Japan has the greatest amount of culture untouched by western degeneracy and it's not an authoritarian shithole like Russia or China.
>>
>>67510035
うるさい おかま
>>
>>67510149

あらっ かわいい
>>
>>67509659
I only know enough where I can grasp the general concept of what's being discussed.
For example I'd translate as, "She's asking him about the thing, he said sorry, she teased him, the thing is actually about studying, by the way, yadda yadda thanks" etc.
>>
File: 1472105971727.jpg (45KB, 363x364px) Image search: [Google]
1472105971727.jpg
45KB, 363x364px
>>67510035
>Uses atashi as 1st person
I did this for a while. "It's just extremely polite" they said, "It's gender neutral even if women can only use it" they said.
I'm gonna ore the fuck outta those motherfuckers.
>>
File: 1469779925914.jpg (98KB, 500x336px) Image search: [Google]
1469779925914.jpg
98KB, 500x336px
>>67510115
This is the single most bullshit reason everyone is going to give you about Japan.
Fact is, everything that is "cultural" by Japanese standards is either a touristic trap or some kind of niche scam to get your touristic money.
The actual culture is much more bland and relates to the everyday life.
If you come here for the culture get ready for a disappointment.
>>
File: 1461663305950.png (569KB, 588x412px) Image search: [Google]
1461663305950.png
569KB, 588x412px
>>67509659
As a teenager I learnt enough to understand commercials, I could read quite well and speak sub-par. But I stopped after the third year and went to shit

Also, why do you want to learn it?
>>
>>67514269
Bento boxes taste good tho
>>
>>67514269
There is nothing wrong with learning a language for the sole purpose of consuming entertainment
>>
Depends on the plot.
t. needs nothing of those media except anime
>>
I want to learn Nihongo so I can watch Super GT races and Best Motoring with their native narration as well as to impress some Japanese cuties. Still, the written language puts me off. Why couldn't you guys have made it simpler?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.