[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Did you know that there is a Brazilian state where the large

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 5

File: cambirela.jpg (175KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
cambirela.jpg
175KB, 1024x683px
Did you know that there is a Brazilian state where the largest ethnic group has German and Austrian ancestry (45%) and the second language is German?

It is bigger than Portugal and the only state in the country that snows.

If it were considered a country would be the best in Latin America

""The state's social indicators are the best in Latin America, besides being the Brazilian state with the highest levels of income, education and public health, and one of the lowest rates of illiteracy. Santa Catarina boasts Brazil's highest average life expectancy and lowest homicide rate in addition to lower levels of corruption. The cities of the state are also considered some of the most livable in the country, enjoying a reputation of being "clean, safe and organized"".

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Santa_Catarina_(state)
>>
File: 032e200000000000.jpg (297KB, 1200x588px) Image search: [Google]
032e200000000000.jpg
297KB, 1200x588px
>>67304205
Hmm I wonder what kind of German would move to Brazil. Really makes you think huh...
>>
File: 1460227180580.png (62KB, 794x578px) Image search: [Google]
1460227180580.png
62KB, 794x578px
>>
>>67304296
German immigrants in Brazil came way before the war though.
IIRC mostly people from Pommern.
>>
wh*tes ruined another country, continent.
but dont worry fellow brazilians. when the time comes white pigs will be hanged en masse. soon.
>>
>>67304205
But is it comfy?
>>
>>67304296
At the time of German / European immigration in Brazil it was giving huge lands to those who came, while Germany/Europeans countries had no available land for the population (farmers)

They came just before World War II, while all of Europe went to war they were building cities here '-'

The southern Brazil was depopulated before immigration, had practically no one living in the region
>>
File: 1478023116274.png (311KB, 587x489px) Image search: [Google]
1478023116274.png
311KB, 587x489px
>>67304205
>If it were considered a country would be the best in Latin America
>>
>>67305071
>it was giving huge lands to those who came
Can you source that?
>>
>>67305602
The time was 1850 ~ 1910. Probably you would be willing to take lots of land and plant something not to work as a wage earner.
>>
Yeah, yeah. German immigrants on the South. The "muh heritage" guys often talk about that.

For The South as a whole (Santa Catarina, Rio Grande and Paraná), I guess Venetians are still the largest heritage group.

>>67304431
>IIRC mostly people from Pommern.
Austrians and Franconians too. (kinda noticeable if you know German)
>>
>>67305828
Source = fonte. Could you tell us where did you get this?
>>
>>67306107
cara, isso é óbvio, todo mundo que estudou imigração sabe

https://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imigra%C3%A7%C3%A3o_no_Brasil
>>
>>67306165
>dude, this is obvious, everybody who studied immigration knows
I didn't ask if it's obvious or not. I asked for source.

Now, check the link you posted... Ctrl+F "terra" and you'll find this:

>O imigrante e sua senpaiília recebiam o salário misto, entre dinheiro e um pedaço de terra para plantar seu próprio sustento. As jornadas de trabalho exaustivas e a exploração por parte dos fazendeiros faziam os primeiros imigrantes deixarem as plantações de café e partirem para os centros urbanos, onde se dedicaram ao comércio e à indústria.
>The immigrant and his family received a mixed salary, composed of money and a piece of land to plant their own sustenance. Extensive working hours and exploitation by farmers made the first immigrants leave the coffee plantations and set out for urban centers, where they devoted themselves to trade and industry.
[I'm translating to avoid language-locking people.]

Focus on those:
>received a mixed salary
>Extensive working hours and explotation by farmers

You said they weren't to "work as wage earners", and even the source yourself posted disagrees with you.

[more to come]
>>
>>67306165
Sorry for pointing this out. I'm doing it because

1. Immigrants getting lands so easily wouldn't explain them migrating to large centres as São Paulo city.
2. I've seen plenty people spreading a bullshit about immigrants getting free lands. I know you didn't that, but your post opens up this interpretation.
3. 3/4 of my family were immigrants. All of them worked at least some time as either urban or rural wage earners; and the ones who got lands bought them after one generation.
>>
And since we're talking about German immigrants: dunno if you noticed, but Germans and German descendants are a complete failure at preparing good coffee.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.