[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How fuck would they be if California became an independent nation?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 73
Thread images: 13

File: us-ca.png (132KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
us-ca.png
132KB, 800x533px
How fuck would they be if California became an independent nation?

Apparently, there is a movement looking to add a referendum to the 2018 ballot.

I would normally dismiss this, but Trump did win the presidency when nobody else expected it.

If California does, in fact, secede without failure. Would this prompt Texas to follow through with their secession?

Is the plot of the 2005 video game "Shattered Union" coming to pass?
>>
Texas and California are the only 2 states wealthy and with enough population to be their own country. They'd also be very wealthy, either of them would be wealthier than most wealthy countries without the US Federal government bullshit taking their money
>>
>>67229109
>Texas
Where does their wealth come from?
>>
>>67229175
Oil, technology, businesses, crops, and huge amount to of resources. I'd also bet they're national guard could defeat most country's armies and they're population and businesses are increasing which is alarming since they might overtake California soon
>>
They have to get congressional approval or something
>>
>>67228616
Califag here. We could economically support ourselves, one of the few states who could feasibly become independent.

However it would a logistical and political nightmare.

Frankly I would prefer the united states to actually just split up and be independent so we can all do our own thing.

However I am going to have oppose any talks of secession because it would be purely because of childish whining about Trump winning the presidency.

If we become independent because of that it would basically hand political power and ethos to regressive leftist faggots completely.

Unfortunately unlike say the rust-belt most leftists here are the PC "progressive" faggot type, and not the working class old school left Roosevelt type you'll find in a lot of rust belt states.

I wish it wasn't so, but we need to kick out those faggots before doing anything, they're more damaging to us than anything external.
>>
>>67228616
Where would we get out food from then? Our tech will probably be more expensive as well. Fuck that noise
>>
>>67229403
Don't worry, they'll all be in Texas soon. California will still stay liberal, and your housing market will recover
>>
>>67229477
A few transplants doesn't mean they're all leaving California you know?
>>
>>67229429
California has the central valley, numbnuts.

>>67229403
Roosevelt type working-class California man here. Those faggots help ensure my fucking boss ensure properly work environments by bringing it to the attention of the public through the media. Like all things they exaggerate, but they still have a place in society.

>>67229109
>>67229245
I'm sure there would be trade partnerships between both Texas and California, right? Texas seems to want to come out here and start snatching up land according to the various props out there.
>>
There are far too many important military installations here in CA for anyone to let that happen.
>>
File: 1477936592180.jpg (53KB, 364x322px) Image search: [Google]
1477936592180.jpg
53KB, 364x322px
>>67228616
>mfw usa dissolves before the EU
>>
>>67230264
Is that glorious or sad? I cannot tell.
>>
We already know unilateral secession isn't allowed and there's no way they'd be allowed to leave.
>>
>>67230338
What concerns me is if we start getting military personal backing this. This goes for Texas too. Is the U.S. really heading toward a second civil war?
>>
File: shattered union.jpg (43KB, 353x500px) Image search: [Google]
shattered union.jpg
43KB, 353x500px
They should make a Shattered Union 2.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=beYDa8B82tA
>>
>>67230290
both
>>
Trump and republican's pride wouldn't allow it. And since they've done wonders to ban all guns, I'm not sure how they'd go about defending their new country if Trump really wanted to take it back.
>>
>>67230139
California already imports most of its power from Texas.
California also has to move water internally from north to south, and import it from other states.
The LA River, you know that dried up concrete valley in the city you see in movies (and GTA) really was a river, and calidumbs sucked it dry.
Cali would fail, hard and fast.
>>
>>67230487
California hasn't banned guns. No state has. Plus they still have a bunch of gang members armed who don't like Trump.
>>
File: images.png (8KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
images.png
8KB, 239x211px
>>67228616
>California obtains independence
>all the liberals move there
>"Finally a safe space for us!"
>Trump builds another wall across the californian border
>California cannot survive alone
>Mad max with fags
Would love to see that happen desu
>>
>>67230524
That reminds me. If Trump builds the border wall. Will the same thing happen to the Rio Grande river?
>>
>>67230582
Mad Max already had fags in it, retard.
>>
>>67228616
It lawfully can't happen. The best they can do is go crazy with their state rights which they already do considering that they legalized weed yesterday
>>
>>67229403
>If we become independent because of that it would basically hand political power and ethos to regressive leftist faggots completely.

Haha no way, that's not who the power in Cali would get handed to. Leftist politicians would work hard to keep Cali a part of the US because CA is one of their major hopes, with the amount of electoral votes it gets. It would be conservatives pushing to separate, and then a bunch of leftist citizens who hold very little actual power.
>>
>tfw a califag that is scared of people trying to get us to secede

It sure worked well the last time someone tried.
If we somehow survived we'd still have a huge powerful neighbor that has a hardon for us. No thanks.

This meme better not take off.
>>
>>67229403
There would be no need for this kind of talk if people would actually read the goddamn Constitution and understand just how independently the states were intended to be operated. Everyone wants a clunky, inefficent federal solution for every disagreement under the sun instead of working through state and local government like they're supposed to.
>>
File: 2016.jpg (13KB, 307x326px) Image search: [Google]
2016.jpg
13KB, 307x326px
>>67230650
>not wanting to watch the world burn

It's 2016
>>
File: 1477099053319.png (322KB, 501x443px) Image search: [Google]
1477099053319.png
322KB, 501x443px
>California will be nuked in your lifetime
>>
>>67228616
>Apparently, there is a movement looking to add a referendum to the 2018 ballot.
These became a recent thing in the Southern states and apprently will be avalible for São Paulo in 2016, so far they've had the minimum impact.
>>
>>67229277
This. Not constitutional.
>>
>>67228616
importing would be the biggest issue as califonia would now be a sole entity. I think california can sustain the northern and southern regions of the country without relying on imports, however the central valley would go to shit since it's all deserts n shieeet.

we still the best tho, no doubt about that.
>>
File: cali facts.png (111KB, 871x583px) Image search: [Google]
cali facts.png
111KB, 871x583px
How many Californians do we have in this thread?

I vote yes for independence/civil war, not for butthurt (although I will fan the flames of butthurt if it gets this more publicity) but for memes. Texas needs to do this too.

pic is kind of dumb but its the most related pic i have
>>
>>67231061
also >welfare states' faces when Cali exits
>>
Once you become a state, you can't secede.
Statehood is eternal.
>>
File: states on food assistance.jpg (77KB, 570x760px) Image search: [Google]
states on food assistance.jpg
77KB, 570x760px
>>67231161
>>
>>67231243
Wtf us going on in oregon?
>>
>>67230524
>The LA River, you know that dried up concrete valley in the city you see in movies (and GTA) really was a river, and calidumbs sucked it dry.
Wtf
>>
>>67228616
California would need to get its shit together socially before thinking about existing as an autonomous entity especially if it wants to stand as a proper nation state.
Just on race alone if the whites, blacks, and chicanos cant calm down and show some solidarity with each other we will just become a smaller scale hot mess as the union.
Also we will need to bridge the problems between north and south as well as coast and inland. You know exactly which problems.
Finally we need to be more responsible with the god damned water. I don't want independence just to run out of water entirely especially since we cant necessarily trust that we will keep our current Colorado river rights.
>>
http://www.yescalifornia.org/

>California
>YES
>>
>>67231296
Homeless Californians who tried to move there, raised taxes and housing rates, and got memed
>>
>>67229175
oil
>>
File: download (2).png (9KB, 246x205px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).png
9KB, 246x205px
>>67231061
>California's GDP is the size of France's
holy fuck. California's a beast
>>
>>67230829
>2016
2018¨*
>>
California is nothing compared to Texas. Fuck California smug cunts
>>
>>67231461
Texas is catching up senpai
>>
>>67228616
Show liberal boipucci
>>
>>67231461
This isn't even its final form

>The U.S. Government maintains a burdensome trade system that hurts California’s economy by making trade more difficult and more expensive for California’s businesses. As long as California remains within this burdensome trade system, we will never be able to capitalize on the trade and investment opportunities that would be available to us as an independent country.

>Since 1987, California has been subsidizing the other states at a loss of tens and sometimes hundreds of billions of dollars in a single fiscal year. As a result, we are often forced to raise taxes and charge fees in California, and borrow money from the future to make up the difference. This is partly why California presently has some of the highest taxes in the country, and so much debt. Independence means that all of our taxes will be kept in California based on the priorities we set, and we will be able to do so while repaying our debts and phasing out the current state income tax.

>Certain minerals and other natural resources like coal, oil, and natural gas are being extracted from California at below market value rates by private corporations with the permission of the U.S. Government. While a small portion of the revenue is shared with us, our share has been withheld during times of sequestration. That means the U.S. Government is paying their debts with royalties collected from selling off California’s natural resources. Independence means we will gain control of the 46% of California that is currently owned by the U.S. Government and its agencies. We will therefore take control of our natural resources and be the sole beneficiary of royalties collected if and when they are extracted from our lands.
>>
>>67228616
Their state metrics have been declining over the decades (while the Mexicans increase....hmmm). Also, they were settled during the regions wettest period in 14,000 years. Their state will just burn more, run out of drinking water (LA already recycles treated waste water a.k.a. sewage) and agriculture will fail.
>>
>>67230139
>California has the central valley, numbnuts.
See
>>67231837
The area will only get drier and there aren't any even remotely cost effective ways to deal with it.
>>
File: download (9).jpg (8KB, 240x210px) Image search: [Google]
download (9).jpg
8KB, 240x210px
>>67231700
>Since 1987, California has been subsidizing the other states at a loss of tens and sometimes hundreds of billions of dollars in a single fiscal year
>That means the U.S. Government is paying their debts with royalties collected from selling off California’s natural resources.
Why do commiefornians put up with this?

Is there a not-completely-irrelevant independence movement?
>>
>>67228616
It'll need Washington to back them up with nukes. And Oregon to look pretty.
>>
File: image.jpg (179KB, 1341x334px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
179KB, 1341x334px
Fuck off I love being an American. No state will ever try secede again.

Sometimes you have to help our your fellow countrymen. They better give us some fucking water though.
>>
>>67232183
>Sometimes you have to help our your fellow countrymen. They better give us some fucking water though.
Meant for >>67231928
>>
I really, really want this to happen
>>
>>67228616
you don't honestly think that could happen, right? the us would never give them up, what could they possibly gain from doing that? you think they're just going to give up the navel bases or the marines? you can't just vote to leave the country you have to fight for it and its not like they have a fucking military all lined up.
>>
They can go but if they have to leave the northern counties alone.

They wanted their own state before it was cool and they hate city folk.
>>
>>67232183
Why would you include traitors and the worst enemies the US ever faced in your pic? Fucking rednecks.
>>
>>67233170
naval* belly buttons can go, desu.
>>
I want blue states west coast/northeast/hawaii out, just to see how trump will make flyover states great again
>>
>>67233282
he wouldn't be able too since we'd be totally broke without all those places.
>>
>If we took California off, would you die?
>It would be extremely hilarious
>You're a big union
>For you
>>
>>67233476
Yes good
More
>>
>>67230748
This, honestly federal law ruined this notion of state autonomy. The main purpose of it should be so that the states don't go over board, or if you don't like the state you're in you can always move.
>>
>>67233195
Because we're still Americans. Fellow A,Erica's should be treated with respect
>>
>>67233195
Because we're united, doesn't matter if they're fuckheads, they're still American.
>>
>>67233768
*Americans*

Autocorrect fucked the word up
>>
>>67232183
If I'm not mistaken the old Republic of Texas inhabitants referred to themselves as Texians.
>>
>>67233497
Uhh, you don't get to bring Feds.
>>
kek
http://metro.co.uk/2016/11/09/calexit-california-want-to-leave-the-us-after-donald-trumps-election-win-6245665/
>>
>>67231837
Doesn't matter. MENA countries often get most of their water through desalination. See Israel, Algeria, and the gulf states.

We could the same, it would just be more expensive and that's why they're always hesitating because they hope the rain will come back.

Though we do waste tons of water with inefficiency and flood drains that just go straight into the ocean instead of back into a reservoir.

>>67230139
>Roosevelt type working-class California man here. Those faggots help ensure my fucking boss ensure properly work environments by bringing it to the attention of the public through the media. Like all things they exaggerate, but they still have a place in society.

What? Other Roosevelt types is all we need for that. Regressive leftist faggots want illiberal safe spaces, and shitting on white people and men all the time. Not to mention defending islam and all it's horribly backwards bullshit because its followed mostly by brown people.

These people are whats killing the left.
>>
Even if the 'Calexit' vote is successful, there is no reason for the US to let them go. We all saw what happened last time states tried to secede.
>>
>>67228616
This is exactly what Russia secretly wants. A colour revolution in USA. They're still butthurt about Kiev.
And Trumpsters think Russia will be their besties now, even that most republicans distrust them deeply.
Thread posts: 73
Thread images: 13

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.