[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here tried teaching English in Turkey? What's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 42
Thread images: 3

Has anyone here tried teaching English in Turkey?

What's it like? Where should I aim to go?
>>
answer me cunts
>>
Literally have never seen anyone doing that but I'm not really into European ESL either. Polan seems like the most popular choice in Europe.
>>
English is a shit mixing language, everyone can speak it, and you kangaroos fuckers aren't a model since you prounonce "day" like "die".

Pschit pschit roachs tho tobehonest famille
>>
>>67100733
What does this even mean?
>>
>>67099838
If you want to live in big cities as you might know you can go to İstanbul,İzmir or Ankara.But if you want to live in a small city then Eskişehir and Çanakkale are proper place to you.But you can find much more students in Eskişehir.Eskişehir is quiet and a good place for living but Porsuk Çayı is a little bit stinky.
>>
>>67099838
>teaching English in Turkey

AUSSIE GO HOME!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWWk8GVdZTA
>>
>>67100764

Be kind since I get you out of the limbus
>>
>>67100857
>white man being persecuted by sandniggers out of Constantinople

Take notes West Europe, this could be you in 5-10 years, we can't let the shitskins win, let's hope Trump changes everything.
>>
>>67100857
this. we don't like wh*te people. abos are welcome though.
>>
>>67100857
>abos
They are typical nationalist stupids that you can find everywhere in the world.İf you guys dont hangout and argue with an extermist nationalist ülkücü or a leftish stupid girl or boy,then there will be no problem.
>>
>>67100925
>out of Constantinople
>>/x/
There is only Istanbul now friend.

God white people are so butthurt.
>>
>>67100793
I was tossing up Istanbul and Izmir, but cost may be an issue. Is Eskişehir substantially cheaper?
>>
>>67101161
oh I thought you were white, my bad
>>
>>67101161
>greek
>white people

are you serious?
>>
>>67101252
you have to go back
>>
>>67101226
Anglos are not white.
>>
>>67101283
greeks aren't either
>>
>>67101299

you have to go back
>>
>>67099838
prison
>>
>>67101382
speaking of prison, greeks aren't white
>>
great thread
>>
How difficult is it to get a residency permit?
>>
>>67101841
depends

are you white or greek?
>>
>>67101889
white with no wog blood
>>
File: evolution-turkey-1470777 (1).png (79KB, 500x477px) Image search: [Google]
evolution-turkey-1470777 (1).png
79KB, 500x477px
>>67101184
I dont know how much money that can you gain in Turkey as an English teacher but living with 600-1000 dollar monthly can be hard in İstanbul.You need atleast 650-700 dollar for an apartment in a good place at İstanbul.If you can have that money then in Turkey then i can recommend costline of Maltepe district.İf you cant gain that money in Turkey and Sea isnt neccesary for you then Eskişehir s the right choose.This city is more cheaper than İstanbul.250-350 dolar is enough for a liveable,good apartment.But personally i dont reccomend to you coming to Turkey.After 1-2 year you can be bored and in here you can find every type of human especially in İstanbul.Eskişehir has more neutral and good people i think but has no sea.I dont know the stiuation in İzmir.I didnt live in there before.Sorry for bad English :D İf you want to look to an apartment for rent or sale,then you can look at sahibinden.com. Konut=Apartment,for sale=satılık,for rent=kiralik 1 Dolar=3.15 Lira.
>>
>>67101991
Thanks anon, this is very helpful.
I've lived near the sea my whole life, so I'm not too fussed.
I've gotten the impression that Eskişehir is a university town, is that right? Also I know there's a train from Ankarra to Eskişehir, is there anything similar for Istanbul?
>>
I have a Turkish female friend who also did language teaching at a commercial language center, but she had awful working hours and salary. I'm not sure what international teachers would get, but don't expect much. As a private teacher you might make more, though. Istanbul has a lot of private universities where you could offer your services. Amazing city too, GOAT food, awesome women, lots of cultural sights and activities, nice 4 season climate and just all in all a very lively and buzzing city. Traffic is absolute shit though.
>>
>>67102472
How necessary is driving? Is there decent public transport infrastructure?
>>
>>67102144
Yes,its a university town and it has 1 hour 15m distance to Ankara,2h20m to İstanbul with train.But i dont know other similar or different thing between this cities,i'm not a social person.I just can say Eskişehir has more good people and İstanbul is a diffucult place if you dont have enough money and need to live in a bad district.İf you will go to cafe,bar night club or something like that, you can find these places abundantly in Eskişehir.
>>
>>67102580
Sounds good to me, I'd rather live in a cool place a little out of the way than in a shitty part of Istanbul.
Thank you for your help anon, much appreciated.
>>
>>67102544
Public transport is good for the most part. Subway system on the European side is pretty nice, and expanding too. To cross the Bosphorus there are ferries and a train (which I never used). On both sides there are some tram lines too. Buses go everywhere but is a bitch to figure out if you're not a local, and you will be stuck in traffic a lot. Fares are all dirt cheap, and with the Istanbulkart it's easy to pay.
>>
>>67102788
Is that a bus pass? Sorry I'm totally clueless here.
>>
>>67102856
It's a pass you can use for everything, trams, subway, buses, ferries, etc. You just buy it at a kiosk and load it up with money, then use it to check in.
>>
>>67102975
Good to know, thanks anon
>>
>>67103075
No problem. You can use Interpals if you want to talk to some Turkish qts and get more tips.

Also regarding the best places to live; a general rule is that the closer to the sea/Bosphorus, the better the place. I personally like Besiktas the best, it's a great area near the Bosphorus with lots of young people. Kadikoy is also good for this reason. Avoid Taksim square and Istiklal Caddesi. It's shit, full of tourists and if there's ever another terrorist attack in Istanbul, it will be in that area.
>>
>>67103075
Forget about checking facebook and twitter though. Sometimes people forget that Turkey is a totalitarian state.
>>
>>67103982
Is it inaccessible or just closely monitored?
>>
>>67104050
I've heard it depends on the region. Erdogan is a big guy with a loooong dick waiting to fuck everyone who fucks with him.
>>
Why would you even want to come to this shithole may i ask?
>>
>>67104506
Started learning the language out of curiosity a couple of months ago and I got really engrossed. Doesn't seem like that much of a shithole outside the odd terrorist attack, at least where I'd be going.
>>
File: 1478341675805.jpg (44KB, 620x465px) Image search: [Google]
1478341675805.jpg
44KB, 620x465px
>>67101305
son of pluto
Thread posts: 42
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.