[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does an individual escape poverty in America? How the fuck

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 2

File: me1239.png (236KB, 571x517px) Image search: [Google]
me1239.png
236KB, 571x517px
How does an individual escape poverty in America?

How the fuck do you do it?
How do you get a good job, and survive financial train-wrecks, when you have no support system and nobody to rely on?
>>
>>67085615
You work
>>
>>67085615
Just work harder and you will become a millionaire
>>
Work faggot, I grew up in a poor immigrant family, now I make bank. Dead ass
>>
Bootstraps

Seriously, if you handicap yourself as much as you have said, then it's going to be a huge uphill fight. I guess I could say it's about remedying those deficiencies. Build a support system. Get to know people. Create a network.

My wife was raised by a single mother in the midwest who worked 2 jobs for half of her upbringing. Her mother was always a secretary. assistant, or waitress. Her brother dropped out of high school and joined the Army. She had great grades and got a scholarship to a state university.

She now has an MBA and another advanced degree. She makes about $200K / yr. Her brother got his GED in the Army after serving in the middle east. He left as a warrant officer, went to college for a few years, worked his way through the system and is now a project manager at HP.

The harder you work, the luckier you get.

It's not just a cliche.
>>
>>67085991
No, but if you work harder you can have a decent life, especially if you live in a first world country
>>
hit the gym
>>
>>67085615
By not being a retard NEET like you
>>
>>67086054

Doesn't even sound too destitute.
>>
>>67086021
>a poor immigrant family

Always laugh at this.
>>
>>67086139
It's not to be honest.
>>
>>67086295
Why
>>
>>67086454
Probably because he thinks we had to be rich to move here. We moved here because my dad's friend sponsored us.
>>
>>67086749
>being a welfare nigger before you even came here
>>
>>67086824
What do you mean? We never took welfare or any social assistance
>>
Americans keep mentioning bootstraps when discussing their stratifying social classes and growing inequality.

I guess they're very profitable and you need to start manufacturing them? I'm a bit hazy on the details.
>>
>>67085615
You do well in school, get scholorship, you get a Pell Grant, go to school for a well paying secure job.

That's it.
>>
>>67085615
>poverty
>US of A
You get welfare.
>>
>>67087014
And internet, SNAP, free health care, house, and tutoring.
>>
>>67086749
That's still support.
>>
>>67086868
Just messing with you F am
>>
>>67087154
True, but it's not like free food or money
>>
>>67087087
Literally this. I've read stories about niggers living on welfare and buying flatscreens and that's considered poverty. Amerifats need a reality check.
>>
>>67086947
Europeans keep lauding the successes of their entirely homogenous countries. I wonder how we can homogenize our country so that we don't have such disgusting inequality levels
>>
>>67087259
Those people do live in poverty, they literally starve themselves and sell their government aid money meant for food on expensive things to look cool. They have terrible meager diets but they don't even care because they're all inebriated or drugged up.
>>
File: pic01.jpg (5KB, 236x157px) Image search: [Google]
pic01.jpg
5KB, 236x157px
>>67087277
simple: everybody fuck everybody 'till y'all one same color
>>
>>67087336
Then we'll be a leftist brown third world shithole like you
>>
>>67087334
The food they do eat is garbage too, that's why they're so obese despite being poor.

We really need to sterilize these people, for their own sake.
>>
>>67087431

that's unethical
>>
>>67087568
It's effective
>>
>>67085615
Escape. Travel until you find some people who hate this cycle of anxiety and death as much as you do and help each other survive without the system. Make your own way, don't be held down by our fake conceptions of success and failure.
>>
>>67087568
So is abortion but we allow it anyway because the alternative is much worse
>>
>>67087722

baby's cant make decisions
>>
>>67087775
No but people can. These people have made shitty decisions
>>
>>67087809

Can't take away people's right to make bad decisions.
>>
>>67087861
Yes you can, it's called prison.
>>
>>67087861
They can still make bad decisions. We just won't have to suffer the consequences
>>
>>67087880

most shitty decisions aren't crimes
>>
>>67087912
True, which is why we aren't simply imprisoning, rather we're doing something that'll make it less likely they have children who later become imprisoned.
>>
>>67087957

sounds pretty good as long as its voluntary
>>
>>67086056
>No, but if you work harder you can have a decent life, especially if you live in a first world country

I love this meme.
>>
>>67086054
so the only person in the story who was poor across much of their adulthood ultimately stayed that way
>>
>>67085615
Even a janitorial position can be enough to get you out of it.

Live total bare bones on that, save up, then get an associates and be some kind of hospital tech or something of that nature.

Have to do it now or later, so do it now.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.