[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the situation with brewing in your country/region? Are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 6

File: krausen.jpg (2MB, 4000x3000px) Image search: [Google]
krausen.jpg
2MB, 4000x3000px
What is the situation with brewing in your country/region?

Are there a lot of microbreweries, or just large, industrial-scale breweries/conglomerates?

In Ontario, we finally let up on some laws and legislations, and smaller breweries have been sprouting up left and right. Some of them even make some ok beers! Our large scale breweries specialize in pale, smooth lagers (American-style Pilsner such as Molson Canadian and Labatt Blue) but are rented/licenced out by other companies on occasion (Sleeman brews Sapporo for instance).
>>
File: devilish.jpg (191KB, 470x595px) Image search: [Google]
devilish.jpg
191KB, 470x595px
>live in the city with the most breweries per capita in America
>only buy imported European beer
>>
>>67083641
i made around 70-80 liters of kilju this spring and summer
>>
>>67083641
BC has a lot of meme breweries popping up over the last decade.

I don't drink.
>>
We're approached Peak Brew. It's NUTS.

There are approx 4000 craft breweries in the US now. It's getting bewildering. I'm expecting a shakeout soon, with perhaps a stable 500 existing within a decade.
>>
Lot of meme beers sprouted in the last 10 years, usually with high alcool%
>>
File: finnish summer.jpg (184KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
finnish summer.jpg
184KB, 600x900px
Government fucks you in the ass if intend to make business by it, but I guess you can get large amounts of beer cheaply by making it by yourself since alcohol tax is so goddamn high. DIY beer probably goes for ~2€/l when commercial beer is usually ~4€/l or over and 4,7% because Finns drink themselves alive if it was higher or something.

Nanny state at it's finest.
>>
Loads of muh microbrews
>>
>>67084259
reported for nudity
>>
File: 2[1].jpg (55KB, 713x562px) Image search: [Google]
2[1].jpg
55KB, 713x562px
>>67084345
You philistine don't seem to understand fine art. Look at that, pose almost identical.
>>
File: brasseries m.a.j 2016.jpg (46KB, 650x425px) Image search: [Google]
brasseries m.a.j 2016.jpg
46KB, 650x425px
>>67083641
The number of French breweries is skyrocketing, and people are slowly starting to realize there's more to beer than just the industrial shit you drink in front of football
>>
microbrew is a fucking meme
a few years ago it was coffee now people circlejerk over "craft beer"
>>
>>67083767
Noice!

>>67083711
But do any of the locals make anything worth drinking?

>>67084259
Similar price point here I suppose. Surprising. I thought it was way cheaper in Finland.

>>67085094
Awesome!

>>67085252
Said the country with some of the best beers in existence.

Most of our large-scale "Pilsners" are pale imitations (literally and figuratively) of what a Pilsner is supposed to be. Most of our ales are pale imitations of our lagers. Too many craft brewers are doing overly hopped/too much citra/cascade IPAs and adding strange things like habaneros, but it seems that each one has at least one flagship brew that is flavourful, pleasing to the palate, and usually pretty simple.

There's a brewery around the corner with a sasparilla stout that took off on them. Aside from the sasparilla root, it's just a mildly sweet, malty stout.

I've got a Christmas beer bottle conditioning in my basement right now that's a bit more complicated, but ultimately it's a dark ginger beer that I'm trying to get some clove and orange out of (through yeast, hop, and temp control abuse). While it should be good, it's not going to compare to anything by Schloss Eggenberg or Hacker-Pschorr.
>>
File: DCIM_0812.jpg (69KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
DCIM_0812.jpg
69KB, 720x540px
>>67085882
>Most of our large-scale "Pilsners" are pale imitations (literally and figuratively) of what a Pilsner is supposed to be. Most of our ales are pale imitations of our lagers. Too many craft brewers are doing overly hopped/too much citra/cascade IPAs and adding strange things like habaneros, but it seems that each one has at least one flagship brew that is flavourful, pleasing to the palate, and usually pretty simple.
>There's a brewery around the corner with a sasparilla stout that took off on them. Aside from the sasparilla root, it's just a mildly sweet, malty stout.
>I've got a Christmas beer bottle conditioning in my basement right now that's a bit more complicated, but ultimately it's a dark ginger beer that I'm trying to get some clove and orange out of (through yeast, hop, and temp control abuse). While it should be good, it's not going to compare to anything by Schloss Eggenberg or Hacker-Pschorr.
>>
>>67085996
Hah! The beard's almost the right colour.

I make rakia too, got a jpg for that?
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.