[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does Aldi have better store brand food than Kroger, Meijer,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: intro.jpg (119KB, 1280x842px) Image search: [Google]
intro.jpg
119KB, 1280x842px
Why does Aldi have better store brand food than Kroger, Meijer, Wal-Mart, etc.? Is it because Germans actually care about the quality ingredients they put in their food to feed Americans? You can honestly put any Aldi store brand ice cream up against any major American grocery store brand ice cream and Aldi will win every time. This just isn't ice cream either, apple juice, bacon, hygiene products, organics, etc. The fact is, Germans take better care of Americans than Americans do and that is sad!
>>
Yes blease buy germen produkts :D
>>
File: aldi brands.jpg (79KB, 948x228px) Image search: [Google]
aldi brands.jpg
79KB, 948x228px
>>66931312
Proudly. They are a lot cheaper too!
>>
They're used to much stricter food regulation.
>>
>>66931426
What he said basically.

If they could they'd produce shittier products for more profit. Poor people rely on discounters like Aldi here.
>>
>>66931175

Such an energy unefficinet bulding.

That square above the entrance is such a wasted space.
>>
>>66931426
>>66931451
I also believe that is the reason Aldi has better store brand food than American grocers. Aldi is a discount grocery here too, but they have better quality food and prices than our own American discount supermarkets like Save A Lot, Dollar General, Food 4 Less, etc. Aldi competes with major grocery stores in my area like Kroger and Wal Mart. They are most commonly located within walking distance from those grocery stores for strict competition and they do pretty well. But if more Americans knew the quality of Aldi for the prices, then more would shop at Aldi. There is a stigma against discounters like Aldi that prevent your typical middle class suburban soccer mom from wandering in, even though Aldi stores are typically moderate and clean.
>>
>>66931583
There is 1 Aldi in my area. It is in a poor neighborhood. You just...don't want to go there. I don't mind too much though. If saving money means I have to brush off a bum looking for change and/or cigarettes, so be it.

Unfortunately, the store itself is poorly laid out and perpetually understaffed. And it always seems like you get stuck behind a mom with children in tow who are just buying SO MUCH SHIT. Overflowing carts. They are almost always black and really fat. Wonder if there's a connection there.

I had the pleasure of going to a "good" Aldi once. I remember they were selling bed pillows there for some reason. It was an excellent purchase, and very inexpensive too. 8/10 would shop again.
>>
>>66931583
>There is a stigma against discounters like Aldi that prevent your typical middle class suburban soccer mom from wandering in
I hear this a lot from foreigners. In Germany people do not give a shit.
>>
>>66931583
There is a general rule Germans seem to follow: Buy your fresh fruits and vegetables in Rewe / Edeka but buy everything else in discount stores
>>
>>66932077
(local) apples are good everywhere as we are an applecountry.
Even at penny you get good cheap bags of apples.
>>
>>66931175
Do you have Edeka in the US?
Go there
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxVcgDMBU94
>>
>>66932051
I don't give a fuck either. It comes from the idea that everyone must act like they are rich or doing better than they actually are financially. There is nothing bad about saving money and getting better quality products. If you only buy national brands, I understand shopping at major supermarkets, but Aldi store brand is literally better than any Kroger, Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, etc. store brand. Aldi brands typically have a much shorter list of ingredients too.

>>66932077
>>66932132
Aldi and other grocers in my area sometimes have the same produce brands, especially grapes and strawberries. But the difference is, Aldi stores aren't big enough to have dedicated produce departments so there are never produce clerks around to check freshness of the product and replenish. And they don't have every produce. I prefer to buy my produce, with the exception of stuff like grapes, berries, and citrus, at other grocers.

>>66932205
No
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.